VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

had not seen that, something like 90 minutes up the highway... interesting.

edit - didnt notice at first, they think its a man.

I too had to step away from this thread, as well as Heather Ciccone's. How is there not any sort of update on either case? Guess Spotsy would be a good place to commit a crime and get away with it.

Knowing only the little MSM stuff they've put out there isn't a great place from which to form an opinion, but these both look highly solveable... (Obviously I'm not an expert though). It's not some sort of zero clues or suspects type deal, and not the kind of case where the person hadn't been seen or heard from in weeks or months by the time they're reported missing, which is always so hard.

They have all of Heather Ciccone's cell records, and maybe I'm missing something but someone lured her out there via call or text or whatever (can't remember).

And with Katelin, they've never fully confirmed last location seen alive (on actual footage or by more than one person).

Neither of these things seemed highly organized or "professional".

I wonder if it is lack of media urgency that hasn't made these two cases more of a priority?

re: Heather Ciccone - for reasons we cant discuss, it is my opinion that they do not believe she was lured out that night

edit - this may be of some help - https://www.facebook.com/justiceforheatherciccone/

re: Katelin - the last reported, but unconfirmed, sighting of her was by her stepfather dropping her at the mall just prior to her disappearance, the last sighting prior to that, also technically unconfirmed i suppose, is by her mother dropping her off at her stepfather's house earlier that day

So sad that she's still missing. This case is perplexing!

So sad that she's still missing. This case is perplexing!

Very sad. The only SM posts I find anymore are from her paternal grandfather on one of the fb group pages.

Imho, LE's hands are tied because they don't have enough evidence or a reliable tip to get a search warrant. I still believe 100% that she is not voluntarily missing and until someone breaks and speaks to LE, this case is going to stay cold.

re: Heather Ciccone - for reasons we cant discuss, it is my opinion that they do not believe she was lured out that night

edit - this may be of some help - https://www.facebook.com/justiceforheatherciccone/

re: Katelin - the last reported, but unconfirmed, sighting of her was by her stepfather dropping her at the mall just prior to her disappearance, the last sighting prior to that, also technically unconfirmed i suppose, is by her mother dropping her off at her stepfather's house earlier that day

Can you link to the actual post you are referring to on Heathers page of why she may had not been lured out that night?

Because I do not see any thoughts that states that opinion. Thanks again.

In all honesty. I always wondered if Katelin knew Heather.

Especially since both cases happened around the same time.

^same article;

http://www.nbc12.com/story/33913409/spotsylvania-teen-still-missing-1-year-later

now wait just a second...

"[FONT=&amp]Deputies say the investigation shows Katelin never left Spotsylvania."

we have never heard this before. if they dont think she ever left spotsylvania then they dont think she was ever dropped at the mall - correct?

also from the article - "[/FONT][FONT=&amp]He took her to the Franconia-Springfield Metro station to catch a train to Reagan International so she could fly back to Arizona"

sloppy reporting?[/FONT]

"re: Katelin - the last reported, but unconfirmed, sighting of her was by her stepfather dropping her at the mall just prior to her disappearance, the last sighting prior to that, also technically unconfirmed i suppose, is by her mother dropping her off at her stepfather's house earlier that day"

^quoting myself from recently;

interesting to note that this new article says she was last seen when her mother dropped her off at her step-father's house. not when her step-father dropped her at the mall.

i would be interested to hear from a LE source working on the case - as of today, where do they say she was last seen?

I recently was told fingerprints can be lifted off of fabrics. Wonder if they tried that at all? Unless someone had telekinesis someone had to touch the luggage or the contents at some point. I mean who wouldn't scrounge around in someones luggage before they threw it out (unless they knew what was in there).

If this doesn't sound plausible ya can tell me imma nut.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

another article;

https://fredericksburg.today/december-5-marks-one-year-since-katelin-akens-went-missing

[FONT=&quot]"That day her mother Lisa Sullivan dropped her off at her ex-husband’s house, located in the 200 block of Oak Crest Drive in Partlow, Va., according to Capt. Jeff Pearce of the Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office."

im pretty sure this is also new information, and one might wonder why they have chosen to release this fact at this time...
[/FONT]

unless im missing something this is an important change in what police have been willing to say.

before they always said things like "they cannot be sure/cannot confirm that katelin ever left spotsylvania" but they also said that they believed the stepfather's story and did not consider him a suspect.

now it is "Deputies say the investigation shows Katelin never left Spotsylvania".

if Katelin never left Spotsylvania then she was never dropped at the mall.

if she wasnt dropped at the mall then police no longer believe the stepfather's story.

is my memory going or did the police also choose to only now release the stepfather's (approx.) address? this was not public before was it?

somebody get in here and tell me why im wrong before i get myself timed out... am i missing something or is this HUGE news?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutaba
Back