Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected, I can see how it is possible for one person to secure a body to the rack of a 4-wheeler. I had a discusion with my best friend on the topic, I needed a blatent explanation of how it could be done. She convinced me...

I have ALWAYS found that point weird. In a big place (stadium, big bar, etc) my friends & I always go w/@ least one other girl just for the sake of having someone to talk to while you are in the never ending line. However, I have also been to concerts, bars, etc where I have met a girl sitting near me & we have ventured to the restroom together leaving my friends behind.

I do have a hard time figuring out how Morgan go outside the arena that night -- I believe the friends know how/why she got out there & as does LE. There is no way that the call/text discussion w/ the friend inside did not include that information. That would be the first question you would ask before you tried to figure out how to get her back in.

Just to clarify, I wasn't implying that I didn't believe that the house had been rented out to college students, only that I couldn't find it sourced anywhere. I read this on another site, btw. I assume LE will be interviewing anyone who lived in that house, including friends known to visit.

I know that and it was MY fault for not quoting the source right then and there. However, even if we do quote the "Comments", is this taken as FACT?

I have ALWAYS found that point weird. In a big place (stadium, big bar, etc) my friends & I always go w/@ least one other girl just for the sake of having someone to talk to while you are in the never ending line. However, I have also been to concerts, bars, etc where I have met a girl sitting near me & we have ventured to the restroom together leaving my friends behind.

I do have a hard time figuring out how Morgan go outside the arena that night -- I believe the friends know how/why she got out there & as does LE. There is no way that the call/text discussion w/ the friend inside did not include that information. That would be the first question you would ask before you tried to figure out how to get her back in.

I think you are SOOOO right. There is no way this is NORMAL in any way, shape, or form. If it's normal for this group, maybe they should be investigated a lot further. In my opinion, of course.

The perp had to know that area and had to feel comfortable that the remains would not be discovered quickly there. Many times murderers leave their victims in an area they are familar with, like an area close to their home. LE trucks were able to get out to the spot, so I feel sure other trucks could as well.

Some rapists move from rape to murder after they are convicted, as they don't want to leave another possible witness for future prosecution.

I don't know exactly why but I have a strong feeling on this EH. He does look young, but he is classified as a violent sex offender for a reason.

Right, it is likely that poor Morgan was driven to the gate of the property but probably the gate was not locked and at night anyone in the house would have been asleep and not noticed a car out there. She then was carried by several people; I heard waaaay back in the beginning of this case that Morgan was spotted talking with a group of people by an RV in the parking lot. Was it ever determined how far the purse was located from that RV??? I had always thought she was too high, and unfortunately gang raped. JMO

I agree, Fiercemom, and I have always thought that LE and the friends know a great deal more than has been released to the public. I think they have a pretty good idea what happened and who took her, and they're looking for evidence to prove that.

To add to the conversation on why Morgan may have ventured outside of the parking lot/arena...we must consider the area there. Charlottesville is not a huge metropolitan city where crimes like this happen all of the time. I know at Morgan's age I made some very bad decisions, based on faulty judgement and inmaturity. I put myself in situations I would never consider today.

My husbands ATV is huge and has four wheel drive. It has two large carrying racks, one in front and one in back, either could easily transport a body. As for securing it, he has no problem putting a 150 deer on it by himself and getting it out of the woods.

There are many types of ATV which is why I can see this as a mode of transportation. I do not believe she walked to that location. It has been indicated whe was wearing black boots? I have not seen weather they were heels or flats.

If she were out there willing and alive they will probly be evidence of a "party" or fire? Although do not think this is the case being her purse and phone were found in the parking lot? Unless of course the perp returned to dump them after.

I know that and it was MY fault for not quoting the source right then and there. However, even if we do quote the "Comments", is this taken as FACT?

Not sure what you mean; I saw this on another site and posted it here but wanted it to be known I'd not confirmed the info as fact. It's quite possible it was rented out to college students, although my first thought when I read about a second house on the farm was that it would have been occupied by someone (or a family) who helped out on the farm. Years ago when I lived in a more rural area, it was common for local farmers to provide free housing on their property for those who worked for them (in addition to whatever salary there might be).

I stand corrected, I can see how it is possible for one person to secure a body to the rack of a 4-wheeler. I had a discusion with my best friend on the topic, I needed a blatent explanation of how it could be done. She convinced me...

Glad you can see my reasoning now :) Sorry it brought out such graphic desciptions.

I would just tend to think ATV be alot easier to get through that type of area, much easier, and undetected than a car or truck, and I definately do not think she walked there. That time of year is prime hunting season where I am from.

Any farm hands or hunters with access to these types of vehicles, on this or neighboring farms? I'm not sure who this "person" around 20ish is, but it would be interetsing to know if he had such an ATV registered to him.

I think you are SOOOO right. There is no way this is NORMAL in any way, shape, or form. If it's normal for this group, maybe they should be investigated a lot further. In my opinion, of course.

I'm on total agreement
This is one of my big questions too! Why no info on the reason she went outside???

Why wasn't this farm searched by the police? It is only 10 miles from the venue!
They could have used cadaver dogs!
If there was a farm 10 miles away with 700 acres-search all 700 acres!

Morgan was missing for 101 days!

There is a $150,000 reward for information leading to arrest of person/persons responsible for
her death.

I'm on total agreement
This is one of my big questions too! Why no info on the reason she went outside???

I know there are a ton of eyewitnesses claiming they saw her here or there. But Morgan looked like and was dressed like any other girl at a heavy metal concert. How do we know she ever made it inside and to the concert? The reason I asked is her going outside is off to me.

I hate to ask the obvious, but i was just wondering, does this farm owner have kids or grandkids? They certainly would be familiar with the grounds, accessing them, and what areas are less frequented, worked, etc.

As a young woman of approximately Morgan's age, it would be completely normal for me or one of my friends to go to the bathroom (or another spot within a bar/concert venue) alone. I don't think this is unusual at all, or at least not cause for suspicion of her friends. Some young women are just more independent than others.

I know there are a ton of eyewitnesses claiming they saw her here or there. But Morgan looked like and was dressed like any other girl at a heavy metal concert. How do we know she ever made it inside and to the concert? The reason I asked is her going outside is off to me.

I don't have the time to go back through all of the pages but someone had posted a response from Morgan's father to questions & in a response he said that yes, they know Morgan entered the arena. --- it had come from the findmorgan website
I am pretty sure it was on this thread (#10)

Dan Harrington, Morgan's father, issued a statement: "Morgan's mother, Gil, and I are overwhelmingly saddened by yesterday's discovery, but we are also relieved because our questions can now be answered and we can give our daughter a proper burial."

"We know that because of the good life Morgan led and the love she created for everyone around her, she is now in a safer, better place. We appreciate everyone's respect for our privacy at this difficult time and we thank everyone who has helped us through this tragedy and helped us find Morgan."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584069,00.html

State Police say the human remains found in an Albemarle County farm field on Tuesday, are those of missing Roanoke County Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

The Medical Examiner’s office used dental records, provided by Morgan’s parents Dan and Gil Harrington, to confirm the discovery.

Morgan’s parents plan to talk about their daughter and the case, at a news conference later this afternoon.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_regional/article/remains_confirmed_as_morgan_harringtons/77336/

I don't have the time to go back through all of the pages but someone had posted a response from Morgan's father to questions & in a response he said that yes, they know Morgan entered the arena. --- it had come from the findmorgan website
I am pretty sure it was on this thread (#10)

Based on what info? The same eyewitness sightings we've heard about? Is there a surveillance video somewhere? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal