VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

But the teen brought a gun with him to sneak in the parents house so it sounds like the teen planned a crime one way or another. Possibly kidnapping their daughter, committing suicide in front of her, or murder suicide. The father interrupted whatever was going on because of hearing a noise. Possibly he saved his daughters life.

Yes, they probably did save her life. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was going to murder the daughter and kill himself...”if I can’t have you neither can your parents.”

But I would like to know how he was able to sneak into the house. The article mentioned that he had done it before. Surely they had taken precautions after the first incident.

May he face the full extent of the law, evil evil person.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I really don’t know. I just know in general it doesn’t usually work to try to convince a teenager her boyfriend is evil, even when it’s true. So I just wonder if professional help on that end would have helped.

BBM

That was my first thought. They are kids. Leave them alone and they'd have broken up in a few months. But fighting with her about him will only make her run straight to him.

I'd put an end to his nighttime visits though. Put in an alarm system, and make sure the girl is on the pill, since she is obviously sexually active.

So sad. That poor girl will never get over this trauma. And the younger brother... they'll both need massive amounts of counseling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm going to flag my post for the mods to fix the title, which should include arrest and the date, I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm going to flag my post for the mods to fix the title, which should include arrest and the date, I think.

I don't believe he's actually been arrested, though. They've charged him, but he's still in the hospital in critical condition.

I don't believe he's actually been arrested, though. They've charged him, but he's still in the hospital in critical condition.

You're right. But my title is still messed up.

Yes, they probably did save her life. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was going to murder the daughter and kill himself...”if I can’t have you neither can your parents.”

But I would like to know how he was able to sneak into the house. The article mentioned that he had done it before. Surely they had taken precautions after the first incident.

BBM

My guess is that the girl let him in. Whatever precautions they took, if any, she apparently knew how to get around them.

BBM

That was my first thought. They are kids. Leave them alone and they'd have broken up in a few months. But fighting with her about him will only make her run straight to him.

I'd put an end to his nighttime visits though. Put in an alarm system, and make sure the girl is on the pill, since she is obviously sexually active.

So sad. That poor girl will never get over this trauma. And the younger brother... they'll both need massive amounts of counseling.

I think there are extreme situations where parents must step in. She was clearly being indoctrinated here. Think about if she was being indoctrinated in some other way, by someone in a cult, for instance. They had to step in because you can't easily reverse indoctrination once it's happened. Another situation where parents can't just let the relationship come to its natural end is if hard, addictive drugs are involved, like heroine. These are things kids can't just walk away from unscathed except for a broken heart.

As to someone else's question about how long they were involved and what precipitated the parents taking action now, I believe it went down like this. I think the daughter asked the mom something like, "did you know that Jews were responsible for WWII? ". This is what alarmed the mother. It was then that she realized that she needed to go through her daughter's devices, and that's when she found the disturbing messages from him and his Twitter account.

BBM

My guess is that the girl let him in. Whatever precautions they took, if any, she apparently knew how to get around them.

My guess is that since relatives were at the house and they were celebrating Christmas, the parents let their guard down. They were probably thinking of their holiday gathering, the food, where to put coats, gift giving, etc and weren't thinking about the perp. jmo

I think there are extreme situations where parents must step in. She was clearly being indoctrinated here. Think about if she was being indoctrinated in some other way, by someone in a cult, for instance. They had to step in because you can't easily reverse indoctrination once it's happened. Another situation where parents can't just let the relationship come to its natural end is if hard, addictive drugs are involved, like heroine. These are things kids can't just walk away from unscathed except for a broken heart.

As to someone else's question about how long they were involved and what precipitated the parents taking action now, I believe it went down like this. I think the daughter asked the mom something like, "did you know that Jews were responsible for WWII? ". This is what alarmed the mother. It was then that she realized that she needed to go through her daughter's devices, and that's when she found the disturbing messages from him and his Twitter account.

I agree. There are some things that are just unacceptable. I might give some leeway to my daughter's boyfriend I didn't like (with the hope that my daughter would eventually also find him objectionable on her own)...but Nazi leanings would enter the no-tolerance zone. Action was required, imo.

Such a horrific crime.

It is so difficult to imagine so much hate inside a person to be able to do this.

I agree with you all about counselling and support for the daughter as well as the son.

Other relatives and friends of the parents are also suffering and will need support as well.

So many people are affected from "collateral damage heart-break", after a horrendous act like this to someone in their lives.

Sending prayers of comfort, love and strength to their loved ones.

It's especially hard for this family, and all others who have suffered atrocities to their loved ones around Christmas season.

I can't fathom how families cope with this and I always wish for them to have good support around them. I know we all feel deeply for the loved ones, always.

It always seems so extra "harsh" and "evil" to me when things like this happen around any joyous occasion.

It always seems so extra "harsh" and "evil" to me when things like this happen around any joyous occasion.
Yes, it does. It's possible to ignore death dates unless they happen around the holidays, which will always trigger the memories. You can't get away from reminders of Christmas especially.

BBM

I was the one who later edited my post to comment that they’d been dating since June. They had long phone calls in which she listened to him talk. I get the sense from this quote that the comment about WWII was last summer, and the alarming texts were more recent, but it’s hard to tell exactly when WWII came up.

Kuhn-Fricker wrote that her daughter told her over the summer that the boyfriend was very good at history and that her daughter asked, "Did you know that Jews are partly to blame for WWII?"

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...ers-teen-charged-neo-nazi-20171223-story.html

I think the reference is to the Islamic world's viewpoint on Jews and their reaction to the US decision to relocate Embassy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome to WS, Foleybrau. :greetings:

Yes, I believe you’re quite right about that comment. Personally, I don’t think that comment was particularly relevant to an American teen being a neo-Nazi and hating Jews.

So utterly tragic - and sickening. Why was this neo-Nazi even dating this girl if he hated Jews.

So much hatred of Jews all over the world. The reactions about the US Embassy show the hate in all its' ugly glory.

I personally am getting sick and tired of it, too, as are many people on WS, I'm sure. And it is such senseless hatred too.

BBM

Yes, I was leaning toward the thought that she let him in. If so, her agreeing to break up during the intervention was either insincere or quickly undone, with tragic results. Perhaps her parents were convinced her relationship was definitely over and let down their guard. I’m sure she now understands why her parents were concerned, but what horrible a horrible way to learn! I can’t imagine her devastation and I hope she gets help, along with her two brothers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back