GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he sold these items for cash for their trip. I am not ready tos ay these guys needed to help murder Tina. I think JE did it with his own hands and then sold a bunch of itesm fromt he house. MO

Just to clear up something...
It's not 2 guys...Jordan McClure is a female and is the gf of Adam McElvy

I don't know if it is a law in Indiana or not but that is how it is here. If I go buy alcohol and there is someone with me, they are also carded. Not sure about cigs tho.
Don't know if it's a law in TX, but apparently it's the policy (at least in some stores):

I was in a certain large retail store with my DIL (mother of two, PG with another) who looks very young for her age. I was doing the actual purchase, and I was purchasing beer, among many other things. When the lady rang up the beer, she looked at me, looked at my DIL and ASKED point-blank if this was for her! We got a giggle out of it actually. I told the lady DIL could produce ID AND photos of two children and an ultrasound shot of another, to-boot (DIL wasn't showing at the time). The lady took our word for it. I had every faith, however, that had I been closer to DIL's age, IDs would have been required of both of us...and that's not a bad thing!

(P.S.: I told DIL the day will come when she will THANK folks for carding her!)

It just doesn't make sense to me that for a relatively small amount of money (seeing as they were panhandling in CA) he got the SUV, the TV, the DVD player, DVDs and the Wii.

(PURE SPECULATION ALERT!)

What if JE didn't actually physically hurt TS? What if he 'hired' AMc to do the task. That phone call in Walmart could be from AMc saying the job is done, and arranging the time/place to meet JE to finish the transaction (turning over the SUV.)

Man oh man...there's so many possibilities with this case. For something that seemed pretty cut and dried it's getting far more confusing now that BS has been found.

My speculation barometer was just headed in the same direction. What if JE didn't actually "sell" the SUV but "gave" it as payment to do harm to TS? Again huge speculation here but the plot definitely is thickening!

I don't know about specific laws in Florida, but where I am at, I do not believe she'd need an ID, if JE as an adult male was buying cigarettes or alcohol. As far as I know if an adult comes in and wants to buy cigarettes or alcohol the clerk doesn't have to make sure everyone who is with that adult is also an adult. If someone looking like he or she could be a minor came in by him or herself wanting to buy cigarettes or alcohol only then an ID would be required.

I'm a barteder at a club in Florida, but I used to work at a gas station quite a few years ago. Here, we have a meeting every three months with the woman who handles our liquor license... she works hand and hand with ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms) who makes sure she knows about any laws that have changed... actually any changes in anything that could be used against us.

In Florida, if someone looks 27 or younger, you have to ID them for cigarettes. If someone looks 30 or younger, you have to ID them for alcohol.

As for the "group" situation... Let's say I am working at a gas station... a group of young people come in and head back to the coolers (It's my job to be paying attention) and only one of them come up to the counter to pay for a case of beer... the rest of them just stand back... By law, I have to ID every single one of them. Even if they leave the store... they had been in my store, helped pick out the beer, etc... No beer for you!

Personally, seeing pictures of JE, I would ID him for alcohol. He looks under 30 to me. Let's say that I'm behind the bar at my club and JE walks in... and an undercover ATF Agent is sitting at my bar (watching EVERY.THING.I.DO!) and I don't ID him... if the Agent thinks that JE should have been ID'ed... he will stand up and flash his badge... ask to see JE's ID himself... if JE doesn't have any identification on him... guess what happens? Yes, I am given a citation. It doesn't matter if he is prove to be over 30... I would have to go to court (pay court costs)... after going to court, they would most likely not make me pay a fine because he is over 30... but if he wasn't over 30... I would have a FINE. One that I really can't afford. If I served anything to a minor (cigarettes or alcohol) I would be arrested ON.THE.SPOT. and after a hefty bond, legal fees, court costs, and fines ($5,000 PLUS) I would also not be able to sell cigarettes (3 YEARS) or alcohol (7 YEARS) in the State of Florida.

On the other hand, Britney, to me, looks at least 16. You better bet your butt I would ID her. If JE walked into my store (club) and asked for two different brands (cigarettes or alcohol)... I would ID Britney too. By law, I am responsible for who I sell those products to. JE would get charged with "providing" to a minor... I would get charged with "selling" to a minor. Quite different charges.

Maybe Florida Law is stricter than other places... I'm just trying to explain how this cashier could know that Britney had a fake ID. I can tell you this though, Britney wouldn't have gotten a Fake ID over on me... I can tell a Fake ID quick!

This is all MOO - I have read back through BS's MySpace status updates for over a year. She was obviously very depressed and upset over her brother's death - to the point of obsessing on it. Once "Jeff", aka "HCB" entered the picture, he gets added to the end of every update as well. Typically, the last line of her udpates went something like this:

"rip wtm imu ilu n inu ! (hcb)ily.!" - Translated: Rest In Peace, William Tyler Matherly, I miss you, I love you and I need you! (Handcuff buddy), I love you!

The other thing that struck me after reading back so far, is how close she was to Tina. She frequently stated that she loved her Mom, and she was frequently stating that her and her Mom were going to a movie, going to dinner, going on a trip, etc. I have a lot of fears for BS, but one of the greatest fears I have after reading how strong the past relationship with her Mom was, is that JE somehow made BS think perhaps her Mom was responsible for her brother's death. I can just hear him psychologically tell BS things like "well, if she hadn't sent him away, he would still be alive". I think he is a predator, and he will look for a weak link, and manipulate it to his advantage. If that is the case - BS will have a hard time coming to terms with this in the future too. God Bless that girl.... something HUGE happened to change her from the girl that loved going to the movies with her Mom and frequently told her Mom that she loved her, to going to San Francisco with JE.

Hitting the "Thanks" button just wasn't enough, Reannan!

I, too, have read all the way back on BS's MySpace status updates and was struck with profound sadness being an "after-the-fact witness" to this young girl's drastic change in just the time period once JE entered the picture.

Even with the extreme grief so clearly portrayed by BS and TS regarding TM's death, BS was such an (IMO) appropriate "little girl" just a year ago. I am so sad for all that happened to her and all that she still has to go through.

The MySpace "time-line doesn't lie" -- it's classic triangulation and grooming by a totally perverse . His ultimately devastating impact on the lives of BS and TS is such a tragedy. In so many ways it turned out to be the "perfect storm."

Thank you for your post that says it all so well.

I hope I'm not breaking rules. If so let me know and I will delete.

This cat AM was also friends with somone on BS fb friend list (her initials CB). CB was also friends with JE. Leads one to conclude he (AM) was also a mutual aquaintance of BS. CB posted all over TS memorial FB page claiming to be best friends with BS brother. A few seconds ago CB removed herself from AM's FB friend list. She did this also when the news about JE came out by removing herself from JE's friend list.

To add to that; CB's mom set up a group page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001340856057&v=wall#!/group.php?gid=247580224258 which loosely termed "advocates" for strictor laws against sex offenders.

Just has me wondering how these young kids could be friends with 30+ yr old men? What was it about the men that would make a young girl even to associate with them?

I don't know!!! We know he needed a ride to Tina's to get the Dodge Neon, and we know he drove the red SUV away from the AM. I am convinced that they were up to something a LOT bigger than buying a bit of gas and some snuff or whatever they purchased. JE could have just driven the SUV to McElvey's home unless McElvey didn't want him seen at his home.

Did you notice them laughing. What was so funny?

Snipped:
A man who police say bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV just before Easley departed Roanoke County with 12-year-old Brittany Smith "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom, Roanoke police said today in a search warrant affidavit.
"McElvy could have assisted in the murder" because of "the inconsistencies in McElvy and McClure's statements and the possibility that McElvy was with Easley at the Apple Market, which is in close proximity of the crime scene and within the time parameters of the victim's death," the warrant said.

McElvy and McClure have a television, DVD player, DVDs and a Nintendo Wii game console that were taken from Tina Smith's house, the the warrant said.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/270753

I stated on here since the beginning that I had a gut feeling someone else was involved.

McClure is a female. Here is her FB but it's private. McElvey's facebook claims to be in a relationship with her.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115192928023&v=wall#!/profile.php?id=1057940387

I know BOTH of these people. We have a lot of friends in common on Facebook, especially MC.

You are absolutely right, and this is something that anyone who has a FB page and kids needs to know, and a lot don't. It's not enough to just "check in" on their page, know their pswds and use them, often!

In fact I'm going to go and post on FB just that, I recommend we all do!

Yes, yes, YES!
:woohoo:

Education and Prevention Rule!
:rocker:

:grouphug:

I stated on here since the beginning that I had a gut feeling someone else was involved.

I know BOTH of these people. We have a lot of friends in common on Facebook, especially MC.

If you know them perhaps it would be safer not to say what you know of them. But possibly u could share with LE if you think it might help with the case. We wouldn't want anything posted to jeopardize the investivation.

Snipped:
A man who police say bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV just before Easley departed Roanoke County with 12-year-old Brittany Smith "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom, Roanoke police said today in a search warrant affidavit.
"McElvy could have assisted in the murder" because of "the inconsistencies in McElvy and McClure's statements and the possibility that McElvy was with Easley at the Apple Market, which is in close proximity of the crime scene and within the time parameters of the victim's death," the warrant said.

McElvy and McClure have a television, DVD player, DVDs and a Nintendo Wii game console that were taken from Tina Smith's house, the the warrant said.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/270753

The plot, as they say, thickens -- sickley.

:eek:

:furious:

:behindbar

Wonder what the level of involvement is with these two men. Were they involved in the murder or did JE simply sell off items from the Smith home to them in an attempt to rustle up more cash for his absconding with BS? Wonder if they contacted LE upon the discovery of Tina's body and LE has had their cooperation all this time on the down low or if they were arrested when discovered with the items without having come forward.

I will be very intersted in hearing what their story is.

ETA TexasLil answered me before I could even get the arrest question posted.

Sure hope they check the "purple Dodge Stratus" for blood, hair, etc. too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg