GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know!!! We know he needed a ride to Tina's to get the Dodge Neon, and we know he drove the red SUV away from the AM. I am convinced that they were up to something a LOT bigger than buying a bit of gas and some snuff or whatever they purchased. JE could have just driven the SUV to McElvey's home unless McElvey didn't want him seen at his home.

And there is also the mystery of why McElvey ditched that purple Dodge Stratus. Didn't he have any idea it would be discovered and somehow tie in with all of this???

what? this only goes to a look-up page? what/who/where?

I went to the court suggested. Typed in the name last, first. If it is the same person the crime is was convicted of starts with an R and is 4 letters. Also contributing to minor came up.

Bad because BS who is a child was in the presence of a convicted sex offender if the person shown in the court records is AM

He gave only yes and no answers to questions from a judge. At one point, he chuckled with his public defender.

I don't think this guy has a clue what he is facing in Virginia.

Either that or he thinks he's going to get off scott free for some reason or other. Makes my teeth clench, though, to think that he can laugh at a time like this....the arrogance!

the only time that ts mentions je "working" was one time in august...so i dont get the idea that he worked too much if at all. from reading the ms stream portion of ts and bs matching up the dates its obvious that there was some drama going on and not always between ts and bs because bs will say positive comments about ts. im most curious about the oct.2nd posting on ts stream that is directed at someone who kicked in her front door and broke the alarm... on bs oct.2 entries she talks about someone walking out of her life and being upset about it... also just from the stream comments it looks like the first mention of je from bs is in the end of july... i think ts mentions earlier but i forgot exactly when.
also imo worth noting is the almost obsessive/compulsive posting to the deceased brother... im not saying that it is a bad thing - i just think that ts and bs both may have needed more in-depth counseling to deal with this death. myspace posting may be beneficial for journaling/blogging but from the posts it doesnt appear that either were making any progress in their grief over this death...jmho...

The kicking in the door post concerned me to. It gave me a mental picture of him kicking her bedroom door in breaking her alarm? If so.. Does this mean she was sleeping alone at this time? Was she scared of him, so she locked her bedroom door? If all is correct where was he sleeping in the house?

Just my newbie thought on it.

I tell you on a side note this is just the saddest story. My prayers have and will be with this family.

This is bad. Very bad.

Thud.

That is quite the plea deal.
I had to look up the original charge.
That is penetration with an object, victim under 13, or use of force, or victim under 16 with a age gap of more than 3 years.

Two counts felony counts plea down to a single deliquency of a minor.

Did JE have drug charges in the past? Can't remember.

Excellent post AvalonBlue.

I think she was embarassed.

She didn't tell anyone he was living there until the holiday dinner came.
There were tons of signs that things were off in a ditch early on, and the posts indicate there were major bumps in the road early on in October that clearly JE managed to smooth over. She was divorced, she had sent her son to live with his father where he died in a tragic accident (though one expert has chimed in saying that was a suicide and Tina was clearly in denial but who knows), she was getting input from her family about her parenting, she had a daughter struggling to find her way, and she invited a pedophile into her home, fell for the idea that he was courting her (a self described hopeless romantic) when she was just his access point to her twelve year old daughter.

I think she didn't ask anyone for help because she didn't foresee the violence. And she wanted to fix it at the first confrontation from her family, as quietly and controlled as she could. Inviting them in to see how in over her head she was too much of a barrier. And clearly she didn't realize even then how truly in over head she was.

Although she did seem to have a clear idea in her final status updates, but still didn't seek help, or grab Brittany and just run from the house. It is so heartbreaking to see people who had the instinct that they were in danger and ignored/surpressed/denied it.

We need to remember that while Tina and Brittany lived in Salem/Roanoke, her family lived in Halifax Co. which is 2 hrs away. We don't know which of Tina's friends might have known that JE was living with her. But with her work schedule, it's not out of the question that her relatives and she had not visited each others' homes until a major holiday rolled around. I don't know how often Brittany visited her father but I do know she was with him over Labor Day. What strikes me as very odd is that while the relatives were calling child protective services, it doesn't appear that they called her father, her other parent who happens to be a cop.

Pedophiles like JE are incredibly smooth characters. The ones who can maintain an attraction to an adult female while craving the child are particularly dangerous because they are so smooth. They know all the right things to say and do. They're full of charm. They pick the adult women they victimize just like they pick their child victims. JE hit the jackpot. A woman with a good job, nice home, no male presence, and a beautiful young daughter. She was 41...he was 32. He was nice-looking. She was flattered. Not hard to understand. He had her convinced that he'd be Brittany's baby-sitter whenever she needed one...that he was trust-worthy...that he loved her--TINA...Brittany was a child, not someone he could possibly be interested in. And because he was so charming and full of compliments and got along well with Brittany, she believed him. No matter what she might have suspected, he could sense it and say/do all the right things to calm her. Master manipulator, he was, just like so many others of his ilk.

It wouldn't surprise me to know that one of the reasons he's been in psychiatric lock-up in SF is that now that his story is going to be blasted all over the news, particularly in areas where the police inquired about him, other victims are going to come forward. At any rate, his life of seducing children is over at the age of 32. He's going to live quite uncomfortably in prison...pedophiles are reviled by other inmates and 'prison justice' is sometimes better than courtroom justice. What a choice...solitary on Death Row or constantly looking over his shoulder in the general population. He knows what awaits him...I'd be suicidal too if I were in his shoes.

I checked the 2 main (most publicly accessible) pedophile message boards and have found nothing about this situation though I didn't look too far or too deep...reading these boards is disturbing and, when they're just bantering about general things, quite boring. They're generally very quiet when one of their own screws up and gets arrested. They consider themselves 'child lovers' whose affection and introduction to sex is helpful to children. They pride themselves on their manipulative techniques. They swear on towers of bibles that they do not harm kids and blame the attitudes of "anti-pedophiles" and the uproar that follows detection of their "affection" for the harm that comes to children. They trade manipulative techniques. They cheer each others' conquests (though they're very careful about how they word those conquests online). If they're doing this on public websites, think about what must go on in their underground online groups!

JE was a master of manipulation who overplayed his hand in that room full of unsophisticated, down-to-earth, call-'em-like-you-see-'em relatives by underestimating how tuned in such woman usually are. But I'm still puzzled as to why none of those women thought to call Brittany's father, instead of social services. From their appearance on TV last night, there's no acrimony among them. And I think they would have said that they called him if, indeed, they had.

Myspace page for AM is still there. Not sure if I can post a link.

We need to remember that while Tina and Brittany lived in Salem/Roanoke, her family lived in Halifax Co. which is 2 hrs away. We don't know which of Tina's friends might have known that JE was living with her. But with her work schedule, it's not out of the question that her relatives and she had not visited each others' homes until a major holiday rolled around. I don't know how often Brittany visited her father but I do know she was with him over Labor Day. What strikes me as very odd is that while the relatives were calling child protective services, it doesn't appear that they called her father, her other parent who happens to be a cop.

Pedophiles like JE are incredibly smooth characters. The ones who can maintain an attraction to an adult female while craving the child are particularly dangerous because they are so smooth. They know all the right things to say and do. They're full of charm. They pick the adult women they victimize just like they pick their child victims. JE hit the jackpot. A woman with a good job, nice home, no male presence, and a beautiful young daughter. She was 41...he was 32. He was nice-looking. She was flattered. Not hard to understand. He had her convinced that he'd be Brittany's baby-sitter whenever she needed one...that he was trust-worthy...that he loved her--TINA...Brittany was a child, not someone he could possibly be interested in. And because he was so charming and full of compliments and got along well with Brittany, she believed him. No matter what she might have suspected, he could sense it and say/do all the right things to calm her. Master manipulator, he was, just like so many others of his ilk.

It wouldn't surprise me to know that one of the reasons he's been in psychiatric lock-up in SF is that now that his story is going to be blasted all over the news, particularly in areas where the police inquired about him, other victims are going to come forward. At any rate, his life of seducing children is over at the age of 32. He's going to live quite uncomfortably in prison...pedophiles are reviled by other inmates and 'prison justice' is sometimes better than courtroom justice. What a choice...solitary on Death Row or constantly looking over his shoulder in the general population. He knows what awaits him...I'd be suicidal too if I were in his shoes.

I checked the 2 main (most publicly accessible) pedophile message boards and have found nothing about this situation though I didn't look too far or too deep...reading these boards is disturbing and, when they're just bantering about general things, quite boring. They're generally very quiet when one of their own screws up and gets arrested. They consider themselves 'child lovers' whose affection and introduction to sex is helpful to children. They pride themselves on their manipulative techniques. They swear on towers of bibles that they do not harm kids and blame the attitudes of "anti-pedophiles" and the uproar that follows detection of their "affection" for the harm that comes to children. They trade manipulative techniques. They cheer each others' conquests (though they're very careful about how they word those conquests online). If they're doing this on public websites, think about what must go on in their underground online groups!

JE was a master of manipulation who overplayed his hand in that room full of unsophisticated, down-to-earth, call-'em-like-you-see-'em relatives by underestimating how tuned in such woman usually are. But I'm still puzzled as to why none of those women thought to call Brittany's father, instead of social services. From their appearance on TV last night, there's no acrimony among them. And I think they would have said that they called him if, indeed, they had.

Our pedophiles are often kept in administrative segregation for just the reason you stated. Very low on the totem pole and generally going to be a target in general population.

The kicking in the door post concerned me to. It gave me a mental picture of him kicking her bedroom door in breaking her alarm? If so.. Does this mean she was sleeping alone at this time? Was she scared of him, so she locked her bedroom door? If all is correct where was he sleeping in the house?

Just my newbie thought on it.

I tell you on a side note this is just the saddest story. My prayers have and will be with this family.

These people could have been involved and terrorizing TS or threatening her all along since she got involved with JSE. She may have been trying to do anything they all said or else they would harm her and BS. This sounds far fetched I know but as things are unfolding it is almost playing out like something on CSI or a bad Matlock rerun. Could even be that JSE did murder TS, and used this couple, AM and JM to make it appear they were the ones who killed TS. That may explain why he is laughing it off over there in SF. Boy is he in for a rude awakening. I want to hear that jail door slam shut and see the key thrown away. Could it be they did not even know the stolen "bonus items" were going to be in the SUV? Merry Christmas to them. As I am doing all of this speculation, I really am not even buying what I am saying. Of course we don't know yet, but things sure are unfolding before our eyes almost like we can get right up to the point and bam...we get a huge hint with a surveillance video, cars being sold, abandonned, etc., and then what we think "could have happened" comes out in the media as a "possible scenario".

These people could have been involved and terrorizing TS or threatening her all along since she got involved with JSE. She may have been trying to do anything they all said or else they would harm her and BS. This sounds far fetched I know but as things are unfolding it is almost playing out like something on CSI or a bad Matlock rerun. Could even be that JSE did murder TS, and used this couple, AM and JM to make it appear they were the ones who killed TS. That may explain why he is laughing it off over there in SF. Boy is he in for a rude awakening. I want to hear that jail door slam shut and see the key thrown away. Could it be they did not even know the stolen "bonus items" were going to be in the SUV? Merry Christmas to them. As I am doing all of this speculation, I really am not even buying what I am saying. Of course we don't know yet, but things sure are unfolding before our eyes almost like we can get right up to the point and bam...we get a huge hint with a surveillance video, cars being sold, abandonned, etc., and then what we think "could have happened" comes out in the media as a "possible scenario".

He may be yukking it up in SF thinking that he only has a kidnapping charge....and maybe not realizing that, even if she was "willing" she was too young to give consent. He may not realize that when people are faced with life in prison or the death penalty, they will most likely tell everything they know to survive. His part will come out in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member