Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The State could have accepted her plea or countered with life w/ or w/o parole. That Juan personally didn't have authority to accept a plea based on his position in the prosecutor's office doesn't mean anything. It would have just been a question of getting the person with the authority to accept it to do so. She's not bs'ing. The state has never considered a plea and that's why the case went to trial. The State is not bound by the wishes of the family either. Juan doesn't represent the family, he represents the citizens of Arizona.

The Court did not say "because of his position". All it said was the State did not have the authority to accept or offer a plea. Hmmm........am I missing something? Probably LOL

IDK, I just read it, don't claim to know the reasoning behind the court decision.

JA is a liar, she has her proxy tweeter say the "family wouldn't settle" as though it's the family's fault. In reality the family would have been delighted if she'd pled guilty to 1st degree murder. Instead, just like JA has done all of her life, she blames everyone else for her predicament. :floorlaugh:

It's my opinion if she gets LWOP and allowed to manipulate for the rest of her life - She wins - She will be very happy and still in control. That is what she asked for and Juan Martinez told her NO. GP will be her slaves. Nobody in GP will be after her except for you know what...JMO

She won't win. The other inmates will demote her and never allow her to be anything more. She will finally get it. She won't win friends or influence anyone in prison.
Moo
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Watching a replay of Dr. Drew with Sky and Chris Hughes. I felt bad for Sky when DD put her on the spot regarding her smile. I know a lot of people have criticized her for smiling at inappropriate times but she really looked uncomfortable about it being brought up.

Jodi has this unbelievable sense of entitlement. Boohoo, they didn't settle and she didn't get what she wants. Now she's whining about it. The state didn't want to settle and nor did they family of Travis. How does she expect them to settle because SHE doesn't want to go to trial. Are they suppose to appease by her wishes even though she MURDERED their brother in the most horrific way?

I honestly cannot even begin to fathom what his family must be going through. They had a terrible childhood. They lost both parents due to drug addiction. Their brother was murdered. They lost their grandmother, who was the person that took care of them after the loss of their parents. I'm just sadden by the fact that his grandmother never lived to watch the trial, and hopefully see justice being served. I really feel for his family. They went through a lot.

Agreed. It's about her sense of entitlement. I murdered your brother, so lets 'settle' (read: take something less than what I actually deserve). Ok, I did it, now lets negotiate.

I wouldn't make a deal with the devil, either. "You danced to the music, now it's time to pay the Piper"

That's right, Travis' Dad had a motorcycle accident. It made me sick every time Nurmi and Jodi made reference to his death or tried before being shut down. They have no shame.

Thank you, Deanna Reid, for giving those kids dignity.

Mark Eiglarsh ‏@MarkEiglarsh

@linettispagetti @DrDrewHLN @drdrew They don't want to be accused of not looking at the evidence or rushing to judgment. Gotta wait.

I'd trust him long before I trust a hack like JC. :seeya:

JA just twittered that she would have signed a plea years ago to avoid "this disaster", but she was refused a plea as the State and the family refused to settle.

She also says she wanted so much to avoid trial but the State forced it. Her only other option was suicide....

Sounds like she's scared. About time.

1. The State refused her offered plea. The family did not refuse to settle they were never offered a chance to settle. Jodi you're no Einstein

2. You forced this you witch! You delighted in what you did to Travis so you can cut this BS OUT.

Thus endeth the rant!

Tomorrow may go like this:

10am: Deliberation. They review prior day status, new opinions, etc.
12pm: Lunch
1pm: Jury reconvenes to deliberate
2pm: Jury reports to bailiff they have reached a verdict
2:30pm: court convenes and verdict is read (but since they're always late, it may take the court until 2:45 to round everyone up...hopefully the defendant does not have an 'illness' to cause delay)

I have no inside info, this is just my hunch.

DR. Drew show: Chris saying how Jodi was always presenting herself as someone playing a part - self-editing - calculating.

The Court did not say "because of his position". All it said was the State did not have the authority to accept or offer a plea. Hmmm........am I missing something? Probably LOL

IDK, I just read it, don't claim to know the reasoning behind the court decision.

JA is a liar, she has her proxy tweeter say the "family wouldn't settle" as though it's the family's fault. In reality the family would have been delighted if she'd pled guilty to 1st degree murder. Instead, just like JA has done all of her life, she blames everyone else for her predicament. :floorlaugh:

Remember JM's closing? "It's not HER fault!" Never is...

How does HLN choose the "jurors" for this joke of a show, anyway? I'm being serious. Some of these people make me question humanity.

... I know one of the mock jurors who is in Phoenix and he met a guy in a "casual social setting" and was asked if he wanted to come down to the set later and be on TV.

Since when has Nancy done a show on domestic violence victims? Her show has been about Jodi for 4 months.
Wait... Ok Jodi is correct she is the disgrace to real victims. :)

Nancy Gracy has a passion for murder victims.

As horrible as domestic violence is, that is not what she went through with the murder of her fiance. I am SO not trying to make a case for her, but if you watch her old video as a prosecutor, she really is no different.

Is she sensationalistic now? Ya. I would say yes, but also super passionate. I assume she is also well compensated, however, I don't think you can fake being sharp. And you can't say she isn't smart. Her early video shows that.

Nancy was a prosecutor for many years, was herself a person who lost a loved one through murder (her fiancé) and worked for the National DV hotline (not sure the exact name) for over tens years. Girl knows of what she speaks of!

He was murdered 2 weeks before their wedding.

I understood what she meant, I'm p.o.'d about Arias' twittering about her pleas, when she basically blackmailed the State and threatened to kill Travis in name (a 4th way), hurt his family. Imagine how his G-mother felt, she passed in December. The family has been through enough.

That's why Killer Arias got the 4 H... Wonder comment.

Gotcha... and I agree totally.
I REALLY hope Juan can show these in mitigation.
How DARE she complain about her petty crap when the
Alexander Family (and many others) have suffered unbelievable
sorrow, grief and anger because she murdered Travis!
These show she STILL doesn't get it and her crying act is so phony!
(even if she denied anything to do with the tweets I think the jurors would see the truth)

Dragged over from other thread. In response to MICHAELJAMES:

...wish we knew who the person was that Travis demanded the information about.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Sorry - having trouble quoting for some reason)

In my theory, the person is someone who is guilty of the crime he accused Jodi of that when he said "you scammed me." She replied, "I did not, but I know who did." He is demanding she defend herself by providing the guilty party's personal information. He knows she is behind the scam and is ready to tell Chris Hughes and the authorities.

She, of course, cannot provide it and knows she will be fired and disgraced if Chris Hughes and other higher ups in PPL find out what she did. The only way she can stop Travis from ruining her chances with Ryan AND ANYONE ELSE in PPL is to kill him before he reveals her crime.

Anagrammy

Where are they finding these 'jurors' on HLN? This guy said he'd date JA if she was found guilty of manslaughter. Wow.

We have a rather rude saying at our house when some stupid (usually a criminal) person gets injured or killed doing something really stupid - "NATURAL SELECTION".

To be crude about it, anyone who would be stupid enough to date JA knowing what the world should know now, would not fit Darwin's Survival of the Fittest (mentally, anyway...)

and she sits alone in a room all day waiting for the verdict while the rest of the world goes about their business. No more TeeVee cameras on her. No more acting all day for them and us. Jodi needs an audience. And it's gone. Too bad! Her life is only going to get worse. I hope.

For this reason I wish the jury would deliberate for 2 or 3 weeks, let her sit in that cage all day with nothing to do. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa