VT VT - Marble Arvidson, 17, Brattleboro, 27 Aug 2011

BBM, just to make the terms stand out.

I wonder what "high functioning boy" is supposed to mean? Does it mean he functions better than an average teenager or does it mean he functions very well considering some situation of which we're unaware. He seems to be in foster care of some kind, as they mention "mentors" with whom he lives. His grandfather describes himself as a "mentor" of Marble (at http://www.commonsnews.org/site/site04/story.php?articleno=4068&page=2) but the grandfather doesn't live in West Brattleboro.

Marble's living situation might be somewhat complicated -- IMO it makes it less likely that he got lost in a storm or kidnapped by a stranger.

I wonder if he has a severe case of ADHD and his mother just couldn't handle him.

This is different:Mother's message on Facebook
Everyone and your uncle PLEASE: pull together with me today & pull this rainbow rope I tied around Marble ~ pull him back into our village. Say out loud today:

"Marble, I accept you in your new form~ we accept you in your never before seen form. We bring you home & return you to the village with this rope~ so strong no one can break it!"
"This rope is made up of all of us, our individual threads twine this way, and we pull you home. Whatever form you are now in, we love you. Whatever form you are now in, we realize we won't readily recognize~ but we will recognize your heart. We remember you sweet Marble, PLEASE come back into the village, PLEASE remember us! PLEASE don't abandon us! Today we gather our fierce hearts to pull you home to us. We miss you so much~ this world is terrible without you."

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fireground360/missing-marble-arvidson/10150210446002824

I would think by leaving the note,it would make sense to me he didn't think he was in any danger.He said he would be back in 20 minutes which is a very short while.News reports said he had a new girlfriend.I wonder how much they really know about her.Does she have a recent ex who might be upset? The new girlfriend really stood out at me for some reason.I also wonder how many people are live there?

http://m.burlingtonfreepress.com/news/article?a=2011110921048&f=898
Cataldo met Arvidson through Families First, a nonprofit that says it provides social services for Windham County children "who are medically fragile, developmentally delayed and those who have mental health issues." Arvidson became a client of Families First at the age of 11, and lived with Cataldo in Wilmington before moving in with roommates who worked at the agency.

"His family's still very involved and love him very much," said Cunningham, the executive director of Families First. "This was the living situation that made the most sense for him at this time."

The reason I suspect foul play is this:"Arvidson, 17, disappeared on the afternoon of Aug. 27, one day before Tropical Storm Irene pummeled Brattleboro and other parts of southern Vermont." So he said he would be back in 20 minutes.This doesn't make sense,even if he was 2 hours later coming back,he would make it home before the storm started.They got hit hard with Irene, if you watch the video's on You Tube you will see.No one thinks he ran away,so another reason I believe this is foul play

Okay this may be way off base but I just stumbled upon this story about an unidentified male body found in the Connecticut River in Middleton, CT on Oct. 10th. I then stumbled across an article about Marble and thought it might be possible the UID is Marble since Brattleboro is right on the river and the length of time seemed reasonable to me for a body to travel that far. I quickly dismissed it as far-fetched but then I re-read the article and noticed the Poloice Lt. quoted in article said the following:

"...bodies are sometimes discovered in the river near Middletown because of its L-shape, which creates a bend in the river where “things get hung up.” The current, Wallace said, also plays a factor in how bodies float down the river from as far north as Vermont and New Hampshire, which they believe the dead man may be from. But it’s possible the man is from Middletown as well, he said."

I couldn't find any recent updates as to whether this UID has been identified or not and didn't find a whole lot on Marble either, so I came here to see if you all had any info I was missing. I couldn't find a thread for the UID but luckily found this one.

Does anybody know if the UID in this article has been identified yet?

http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2011/10/11/news/doc4e9352c653c36308189421.txt

Says he is believed to be between 18 and 25 which isn't far off from Marble's age. But the hair description throws it off. I can't seem to find any details on Marbles appearance other than the pics. And, I don't see two pierced ears in any of Marble's pics, as the article indicates the UID had. So as I said I'm probably way off base here but I can't help but wonder. Does anybody know if there's a description of the clothes Marble was last seen wearing? Or if he had pierced ears at any point? And does anyone else think this is worth further attention? The article states they have checked the Missing Persons Database and nobody has reported him missing...but we all know they have made mistakes before and ruled people out prematurely in UID cases.

I agree that the hair seems off but I don't see anyone missing, scanning news, etc. from that area so it might be worth a try. I read somewhere on Marble's thread that he was wearing a black shirt and hat...

http://www.facebook.com/brattlebororeformer/posts/234131369976072

Sigrid Arvidson - Brattleboro Reformer (official site)
Find Marble Arvidson is hosting a benefit concert at the Stone Church in downtown Brattleboro Nov. 5th from 6-10 pm. Tickets are $20.00 to raise money for a private investigator helping search for Marble. Spread the word. Please come, help us raise the roof in celebration of love, loving our children, and living life! Check out more details on Find Marble facebook and .org. Thank you all for your prayers, all blessings from Sigrid Arvidson (Marble's mom :) Marble, you are missed!!!!
Tuesday at 8:29am ·

Another fundraising event to help find Marble Arvidson:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=182878641795875
FUND RAISER (TO CONTINUE THE SEARCH FOR MISSING TEEN)

Please join us for a SILENT AUCTION accompanied by TAPAS, HORS D'OEUVRES and the beautiful FLUTE MUSIC OF ANDREA KWAPIEN on Thursday Nov. 17 from 5:30 to 9:30 at the BLUE HERON RESTAURANT, 112 N. Main St. SUNDERLAND, MA. Ticket are $30 per person. Cash bar. You may order your tickets through findmarble@gmail.com and they will be held at the door.

http://www.reformer.com/localeditorials/ci_19502405?source=rss

By SCOT BOROFSKY
Posted: 12/09/2011 03:00:00 AM EST
Updated: 12/09/2011 07:46:16 AM EST

<snipped>
The effort to find information as to the disappearance of 17-year-old Marble Arvidson over three months ago has been participated in by many people who have searched, researched, and helped subsidize the search efforts by participating in or by attending the fundraisers that have been held. These efforts and those made by folks who attended candle vigils and have been helpful in their own ways, through empathy or concern, I think, show how much the entire community is concerned about this situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back