VT VT - Marble Arvidson, 17, Brattleboro, 27 Aug 2011

http://www.reformer.com/ovation/ci_19636384

By JON POTTER / Reformer Staff
Posted: 12/29/2011 03:00:00 AM EST
Updated: 12/29/2011 08:00:36 AM EST

<snipped>
The arts community rallied for other important causes, too -- the Positively Charged Music Festival united people around Vermont's energy future; an event was held to help raise support for efforts to find missing teen Marble Arvidson;

http://www.reformer.com/ci_19650536?source=most_viewed

By CHRIS GAROFOLO / Reformer Staff
Posted: 12/31/2011 03:00:00 AM EST

<snipped>
-- Seventeen-year-old Marble Arvidson disappeared Aug. 27 after leaving his Brattleboro home and heading toward the woods along Marlboro Road. He has not been seen since.

Family and friends have posted dozens of photographs of Arvidson with descriptions of what he was wearing when he vanished. A mobile command center was set up in West Brattleboro for search parties patrolling the area.

After two weeks, no concrete leads surfaced as police began searching his computer and phone records. Most recently, Arvidson has been featured on Comcast's Missing Kids On Demand and at the company's online website, which brings information about missing children to millions of consumers.

I lived in West Brattleboro years ago, so I was interested when I heard about this case. Almost a year now and no word. I will keep Marble and his family in my prayers.
:praying:

Bumping for Marble.

It's sad that this case isn't getting more attention. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he was a male and the family situation. This definitely doesn't sound like a typical runaway situation though.

Was that body in Middletown Connecticut ever identified?

Article from this past August...

2 years later, still searching for Marble

Marble Arvidson is missing -- but members of the community want him to know he certainly is not forgotten.

It has been exactly two years since the Brattleboro resident was last seen by his roommates and though social networking and multiple searches haven't yielded any answers, those close to him maintain hope he will be found safe.

[snip]

Mike Zaransky, one of Marble's roommates, had left the previous day to spend the weekend with his girlfriend, Emma Mullen. Zaransky said he called and spoke to a fourth roommate, who stated Marble was doing fine. When he called the next day the other roommate said someone had knocked on the door, Marble answered it and their interaction seemed to be friendly.

The unknown man was described as about the same age as Marble and a little shorter.

Marble left a note on the door of his room stating he was going out for about a half-hour and would return around 2:15 p.m., Zaransky said.

[snip]

Wrinn told the Reformer that interviews are still being conducted with people who may have information about Marble, as recently as Monday, Aug. 19.

[snip]

Though foul play has not been concluded, Lowery said Marble's dental records were collected from his dentist "in the case that Marble met an unfortunate fate." DNA samples have also been taken from Marble's aunt and mother. Lowery said full-time professionals will soon use forensic imaging to age a photo of Marble to what the young man would look like today.

http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_23950128/2-years-later-still-searching-marble

20110906_053116_MissingKid.jpg

"Marble, I accept you in your new form~ we accept you in your never before seen form. We bring you home & return you to the village with this rope~ so strong no one can break it!"
"This rope is made up of all of us, our individual threads twine this way, and we pull you home. Whatever form you are now in, we love you. Whatever form you are now in, we realize we won't readily recognize~ but we will recognize your heart. We remember you sweet Marble, PLEASE come back into the village, PLEASE remember us! PLEASE don't abandon us! Today we gather our fierce hearts to pull you home to us. We miss you so much~ this world is terrible without you."

I find this wording unusual. Maybe it's just me, but I read it as if Marble was struggling with gender issues, maybe? Is there even the slightest possibility of that? Gosh I could be so far off-base here, but *if* that *could* have been a possibility, he could have left deliberately to live a life he felt unable to in VT?

Please, I mean no disrespect to Marble or his family, but his mom's plea just really stood out to me, that there may be something else going on with this young man.

Of course, I may be totally wrong and the family is referring to their spiritual beliefs and talking about finding him alive or not?

11536877_G.jpg

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - Five years after a Vermont teenager walked out of his home on the eve of Tropical Storm Irene and was never seen again, his family remains hopeful they can find out what happened to him.

Marble Arvidson was 17 when he left his Brattleboro home on Aug. 27, 2011, with a man who appeared to be in his 20s saying he'd be back in half an hour. He was reported missing the next day when the storm was inundating Vermont.

Marble's aunt, Patricia Kittredge, says she's heard stories her nephew got into a fight. She says somebody knows what happened to him.

She says a child shouldn't be able to disappear into thin air.

Kittredge is planning to distribute an age-enhanced photo to show what Marble would look like today.

http://www.wcax.com/story/32849303/5-years-after-irene-family-of-missing-teen-still-hopes

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - Five years after a Vermont teenager walked out of his home on the eve of Tropical Storm Irene and was never seen again, his family remains hopeful they can find out what happened to him.

Marble Arvidson was 17 when he left his Brattleboro home on Aug. 27, 2011, with a man who appeared to be in his 20s saying he'd be back in half an hour. He was reported missing the next day when the storm was inundating Vermont.

Marble's aunt, Patricia Kittredge, says she's heard stories her nephew got into a fight. She says somebody knows what happened to him.

She says a child shouldn't be able to disappear into thin air.

Kittredge is planning to distribute an age-enhanced photo to show what Marble would look like today.

http://www.wcax.com/story/32849303/5-years-after-irene-family-of-missing-teen-still-hopes

Strange, they updated that article eliminating everything the aunt said. I wonder if there's tension between his mother and aunt.

Here's a link to another anniversary article that includes both the aunt and the mother: http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/32850529/5-years-after-irene-missing-teenagers-family-still-hopes

We recently visited Brattleboro (twice in 2 months) camping. It's a really neat little town. People there seem very friendly, and they look like they are accepting of all walks of life and people. One thing I love about this town is that people seem to be who they are or want to be and that's okay. It's a beautiful area and one I hope to visit many times. I really hope his family and friends get some answers about what happened to him.

I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't help but to be interested about this because of my recent visits to Brattleboro. This is interesting about the note left.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/08/tropical_storm_irenes_biggest.html

He would hang out by the regional transportation center, situated near a stream called the Whetstone Brook.
When last seen, he was about to enter his last year at Brattleboro Union High School, where he was making Bs and thinking about college.

"He did struggle with his emotions, he did struggle with his frustration and anger, and sometimes he needed outside help beyond what a family member or a mentor could give him, but I do believe those options were available to him and they were utilized," said his aunt Patricia Kittredge, of Belchertown, Mass., one of the top noncommissioned officers in the Massachusetts National Guard.

On Aug. 27, a Saturday, Irene was churning up the coast of the Carolinas on its way to New York City and New England.

Marble pinned a note to his bedroom door around 2 in the afternoon, saying he was "going to frolic with some friendly gremlins," and left the house with a man who appeared to be in his mid-20s, someone he knew, who might have been wearing a black baseball cap, two of his roommates later remembered.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/08/tropical_storm_irenes_biggest.html

He would hang out by the regional transportation center, situated near a stream called the Whetstone Brook.
I know exactly where this is because we visited the food co-op there both trips and actually parked in the parking lot and walked across that bridge over Whetstone Brook. Both times I was there, there were some very free spirits in that area. A person half dressed that seemed to have wet hair like they were just bathing there. Two people playing instruments on the bench one of those was dressed as a girl but appeared male to us. Also in the back of a building you can see from the co-op parking lot from a building on Flat Street where RE Dunklee & Sons is you could see what might be homeless or people hanging out there between the side parking lot. Also we saw a girl that was walking from the co-op parking lot asking a person for a cigarette head over to that same back of the building area and meet people. So to me this area could have the potential to have a lot of things going down there that might involve some shady people. (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Transportation+Center/@42.8508891,-72.5598832,159m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e11a4efa929e73:0xd07d301caf65faa8!8m2!3d42.851353!4d-72.559586)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back