WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

i'm so glad only 2 of the kids were home.
what a heartbreaking crime. i hope they catch the killer soon.

I have some grow & dispensary experience and wow this is nuts. If you haven't lived in a few, small various parts of the US then it's hard to get the vibe around cannabis in the now legal areas, once you have an established open market it's relatively easy to obtain quality cannabis as a customer or sell it for that matter. So there isn't a huge black market, yes for all other scheduled drugs of course. This being associated with JUST his grow seems way off. It is comprable to a liquor store owner where you live offing his competitor bc he sold more whisky. Plus I agree with whomever mentioned the cannabis not being destroyed or stolen says a lot. If it were about some growers ego then she/he'd have set the grow house aflame, I think. Man what a horrible thing to witness.

I saw a statement in this thread that most of the children were actually young adults. The youngest of the couple's children were in their late teens. If there were more teenagers still at home, it's not unusual for teens to never be at home - I have a teenager myself. I just wish the two that were at home had been anywhere but at home that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to say that my teen is in the same grade as one of the kids, at the same school, and that one is 13 or 14 for certain.

It's been over a week since this happened..............no arrest, no suspects, no POI.................Grrrrrrrrrrr !!............................here we go again.

It's been over a week since this happened..............no arrest, no suspects, no POI.................Grrrrrrrrrrr !!............................here we go again.

Agree...very quiet in these neck of the woods. Scary and sad :(

None that LE are naming publicly, anyway. Without violating TOS, let me just say that in theory... or, in a hypothetical situation (that's okay to say, right?) that if a crime like this happened in your hometown where some of the surnames of some of the folks named in MSM were names you had mutual friends with (and went to school with)... and some of those people (like many these days that seem to think they need to broadcast their entire lives on social media) started talking openly and freely, then LE would have oodles of solid leads to follow up on. Hypothetically, of course.

You know, I watch these crime shows on tv where they go into all of the new high tech gidgets and gadgets they have, coupled with all of the new crime scene forensic tests and fancy testing labs. Watching those shows, you're left with the impression that almost nobody could get away with a crime these days. Fast forward to Websleuths 2017.........crime after crime after crime unsolved. There's many more people missing than are being found. Just look at the forum lists. Case after case after case...........unsolved, cold, no leads. Where the hell is all of this expensive gadgetry and high tech bragging I keep hearing about?

This case, same thing. Over a week into it now, and whoever is responsible for it, is still walking around free as a bird. Pike County--- 8 people gunned down in three different locations.....no arrest....no suspects. Case after case.....person missing----no suspects, no leads, no idea. Case after case...person murdered----no suspects, no leads, no ideas.

I'm beginning to think a bunch of these crime shows may qualify as "fake news ". They profile one case they managed to solve, and completely ignore the other 50 that they couldn't. That's not a very good return for all of the tax dollars we spend buying them all of that fancy new equipment.

you know, i watch these crime shows on tv where they go into all of the new high tech gidgets and gadgets they have, coupled with all of the new crime scene forensic tests and fancy testing labs. Watching those shows, you're left with the impression that almost nobody could get away with a crime these days. Fast forward to websleuths 2017.........crime after crime after crime unsolved. There's many more people missing than are being found. Just look at the forum lists. Case after case after case...........unsolved, cold, no leads. Where the hell is all of this expensive gadgetry and high tech bragging i keep hearing about?

This case, same thing. Over a week into it now, and whoever is responsible for it, is still walking around free as a bird. Pike county--- 8 people gunned down in three different locations.....no arrest....no suspects. Case after case.....person missing----no suspects, no leads, no idea. Case after case...person murdered----no suspects, no leads, no ideas.

I'm beginning to think a bunch of these crime shows may qualify as "fake news ". They profile one case they managed to solve, and completely ignore the other 50 that they couldn't. That's not a very good return for all of the tax dollars we spend buying them all of that fancy new equipment.

right????

You know, I watch these crime shows on tv where they go into all of the new high tech gidgets and gadgets they have, coupled with all of the new crime scene forensic tests and fancy testing labs. Watching those shows, you're left with the impression that almost nobody could get away with a crime these days. Fast forward to Websleuths 2017.........crime after crime after crime unsolved. There's many more people missing than are being found. Just look at the forum lists. Case after case after case...........unsolved, cold, no leads. Where the hell is all of this expensive gadgetry and high tech bragging I keep hearing about?

This case, same thing. Over a week into it now, and whoever is responsible for it, is still walking around free as a bird. Pike County--- 8 people gunned down in three different locations.....no arrest....no suspects. Case after case.....person missing----no suspects, no leads, no idea. Case after case...person murdered----no suspects, no leads, no ideas.

Well, I think sometimes our expectations are just a wee bit skewed because of the amount of success we see on these crime shows on tv. Not to mention, not all jurisdictions have the best of all resources to assist with their criminal investigations. This particular case, I believe, will be solved.

We have had a few brutal murders in the past year in my area associated with Marajuana growing and sales. I wonder about these, but then the cash was left behind.

I had heard about this just briefly on the east coast and then I was just in that area recently. Much different there as this case is on the minds of the folks in that area. I believe the dad was the target and that in itself is very tragic. But why the family?!??! I hope they hunt down the killer or killers soon.

I live in this area and there has been absolute radio silence from LE and the media on this case. It seems to have gone completely cold

Same here. Absolutely nothing. Not even when the media was covering the day's events of the taco stand opening up for a fundraiser by the family to help cover expenses. They really didn't go into much detail about the case - only the fundraiser. I know it's standard practice to go pretty quiet, but it's still really alarming for those of us that live around the area. It would be nice to know if LE feels that they are gaining ANY ground in the investigation, but I suppose to even do that might possibly alarm the offender(s).

Interesting article:

America’s homicide clearance rate—the percentage of solved crimes that lead to arrest—has fallen considerably in the past 50 years, from around 90% in 1965 to around 64% in 2012, according to federal statistics. This means more than 211,000 homicides committed since 1980 remain unsolved. Every year introduces nearly 5,000 more.

A closer look at the numbers, however, reveals big discrepancies between cities. Some, such as Houston and San Diego, have managed to raise their rates to between 75% and 90% in recent years. Others, such as Detroit and New Orleans, solve less than 30%. Charles Wellford, a criminologist at the University of Maryland, also notes that murders of police officers are nearly always solved, anywhere. Perhaps, he suggests, “any homicide can be solved if you put the time into it.”
http://www.economist.com/news/unite...rest-more-third-nations-killings-getting-away

Has this case gone cold. It is interesting that our great sleuthers are not more active here. Any news at all or updates?

Thanks for the update. Looking at the bottom of the newspaper article, I noticed that there are no comments-again, very strange. I mean, this family is well known. I did not know them but it seems like everyone I know does. Hunter was a real popular kid at the local high school and this community is tight and I have heard almost no chatter about this case at all. It just seems like the community should be talking about this more. For all of the people I know who knew them, not a single one has any idea why this happened or who might have done this. I will say though that based on the limited information available to the public, it doesn't "feel" like a random act of violence IMO.

Interesting article:

America’s homicide clearance rate—the percentage of solved crimes that lead to arrest—has fallen considerably in the past 50 years, from around 90% in 1965 to around 64% in 2012, according to federal statistics. This means more than 211,000 homicides committed since 1980 remain unsolved. Every year introduces nearly 5,000 more.

A closer look at the numbers, however, reveals big discrepancies between cities. Some, such as Houston and San Diego, have managed to raise their rates to between 75% and 90% in recent years. Others, such as Detroit and New Orleans, solve less than 30%. Charles Wellford, a criminologist at the University of Maryland, also notes that murders of police officers are nearly always solved, anywhere. Perhaps, he suggests, “any homicide can be solved if you put the time into it.”
http://www.economist.com/news/unite...rest-more-third-nations-killings-getting-away

But many so-called solved crimes prior to 1990 were solved by coerced confessions and little or no actual evidence. The cops decided who was guilty and bullied or physically mistreated the person until they signed the confession the cops presented. I think the true solve rate was never that high but is now rebounding. While some jurisdictions use every technology available, some do not. That is a voter's issue, to me. JMHO.

Thanks for the update. Looking at the bottom of the newspaper article, I noticed that there are no comments-again, very strange. I mean, this family is well known. I did not know them but it seems like everyone I know does. Hunter was a real popular kid at the local high school and this community is tight and I have heard almost no chatter about this case at all. It just seems like the community should be talking about this more. For all of the people I know who knew them, not a single one has any idea why this happened or who might have done this. I will say though that based on the limited information available to the public, it doesn't "feel" like a random act of violence IMO.

I was in the Kitsap area in February and that's when I first heard about it. ONE person mentioned it just briefly, but none of the other locals wanted to talk about it. And now I can find very little when I do an internet search. A strange crime in that it appears there might be 2 different crime scenes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back