WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

I was in the Kitsap area in February and that's when I first heard about it. ONE person mentioned it just briefly, but none of the other locals wanted to talk about it. And now I can find very little when I do an internet search. A strange crime in that it appears there might be 2 different crime scenes.

I'm originally from Bremerton and still have a lot of family & friends there. At first, everyone was talking about it on my feed because I'm apparently mutual FB friends with many who knew them (I did not know them). Then suddenly... radio silence. Very strange.

UPDATE on Quadruple Homicide in Seabeck, WA on 01/27/2017:
Detectives are still actively investigating this horrific crime. Detectives have continued to receive leads and are following up on all tips received concerning this homicide investigation. Detectives are continuing to work with the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab processing and analyzing several pieces of evidence.

More here: https://www.facebook.com/kitsapcountysheriff/posts/1812239742426255

Marking a spot what a tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marking a spot what a tragedy.

I just read this thread last week. I agree, a terrible tragedy. In every article I've read the community really loved this couple.

Just popping - in any local news anywhere ?

Just some observations from the video and speculation on whether or not this guy is local:
1. Neck and face tattoos
2. wearing a Fila jacket (favored by certain gangs such as Nortenos and Folk Nation). I have no idea if these gangs are active here in Bremerton/Silverdale/Seabeck
3. Some people on other sites claim that they can see that the license plates on the Silver Hyundai are from Washington but I can't really see that.
4. I wish I could see the logo on his hat
5. when he left Target, he turned to the right leaving the parking lot that faces Kitsap mall. This is The opposite direction of the freeway entrance and mainly leads to local routes around Silverdale and Seabeck. The direction he headed could also lead circuitously to Bremerton but is not the most straight forward way of getting there.

Just some observations from the video and speculation on whether or not this guy is local:
1. Neck and face tattoos
2. wearing a Fila jacket (favored by certain gangs such as Nortenos and Folk Nation). I have no idea if these gangs are active here in Bremerton/Silverdale/Seabeck
3. Some people on other sites claim that they can see that the license plates on the Silver Hyundai are from Washington but I can't really see that.
4. I wish I could see the logo on his hat
5. when he left Target, he turned to the right leaving the parking lot that faces Kitsap mall. This is The opposite direction of the freeway entrance and mainly leads to local routes around Silverdale and Seabeck. The direction he headed could also lead circuitously to Bremerton but is not the most straight forward way of getting there.

I couldn't see any tattoos, just a beard. Maybe my eyes are worse than I thought.

The POI appears to be older and more mature, not a young gang type - IMO. And even for cold weather he is very well covered up with his jacket zipped ALL the way up covering his neck, plus his ball cap is pulled down low. Both the jacket and the hat make it hard to locate distinguishing features - probably the intention if this person is involved.

From the very beginning in this case something has been telling me they need to follow the money - that one way or another this all centers around money. At least they finally have a POI. Maybe there will finally be some progress in this case. I want the responsible party to pay for these deaths - especially the two teenage boys who had their wholes lives ahead of them and surely had nothing to do with what caused the problem that led to these murders.

Whoever decided to senselessly murder those two boys doesn't deserve the easy way out with the death penalty. They need to get life without parole and have to spend at least half of that sentence in solitary.

I wonder if something at either scene tied this POI to the crimes? I'm grateful LE has a potential development.

I just don't get why that much money was left and I also wonder why they had that much money lying around in drawers.

Sounds like they already have an ID on the person of interest:

http://q13fox.com/2017/06/07/sherif...n-of-interest-in-murder-of-family-in-seabeck/

Hopefully this leads to the case being solved. As a Washingtonian, this case bothered me from the start, and kind of reminded me of the Rhoden Family in Ohio.
This person's name has been openly revealed and discussed on Facebook but I don't think I'm allowed to cite Facebook here as a source of information-right?

Through pounding the pavement over 2 months, I have the name of the person of interest in this case.
He's male 36-38 years old, tatoos up his neck approximately 6ft tall, hispanic or other decent that is similar.
Body builder, walks with shoulder back arms out to his side. Wears Carhart Jeans with Romeo type shoes, very common for the area. He's a current or former member of a local motorcycle gang based in Texas and Washington as well as worldwide.
One of his former addresses is 118 Gold Creek Road, the murders happened at 13417 Tenino Drive, both addresses are within 200 ft of each other. Having lived in that area, The Camp Union store is a few miles from the murders. the cameras spotted Mr Careaga at the store at 9pm, the murders according to reports happened at approx. 11.30 pm. If the killers intercepted him at the store, they would have to drive to a tree farm located some where in Mason county, and drive back. Mason County is over the Effendahl Pass Road. That would take an extensive amount of time. From photos posted of the person of interest by the Kitsap Sun, the person entered the Silverdale Target Store, at approx 7pm. A latex glove was found at the crime scene of the burned truck, we can only assume now, he was purchasing something found at one of the scenes, possible latex gloves. The bodies were found in separate bedrooms. For one person to accomplish this would be very difficult. Our assumption is there were more individuals assisting this person. The individuals first name is Danie. He has an extensive criminal record found from the dw.courts.wa.gov website. If you know of any individuals connected to this person, close friends or people he hung out with including motorcycle gang members in the Seabeck area, leave info here for us. We are not connected to any police department, we are researchers from the area, trying to solve this, we will post more info as we pound the streets and get it.

Through pounding the pavement over 2 months, I have the name of the person of interest in this case.
He's male 36-38 years old, tatoos up his neck approximately 6ft tall, hispanic or other decent that is similar.
Body builder, walks with shoulder back arms out to his side. Wears Carhart Jeans with Romeo type shoes, very common for the area. He's a current or former member of a local motorcycle gang based in Texas and Washington as well as worldwide.
One of his former addresses is 118 Gold Creek Road, the murders happened at 13417 Tenino Drive, both addresses are within 200 ft of each other. Having lived in that area, The Camp Union store is a few miles from the murders. the cameras spotted Mr Careaga at the store at 9pm, the murders according to reports happened at approx. 11.30 pm. If the killers intercepted him at the store, they would have to drive to a tree farm located some where in Mason county, and drive back.For a person or group to do this they would have to know the roads, they are dark and confusing at night . Mason County is over the Effendahl Pass Road. That would take an extensive amount of time. From photos posted of the person of interest by the Kitsap Sun, the person entered the Silverdale Target Store, at approx 7pm. A latex glove was found at the crime scene of the burned truck, we can only assume now, he was purchasing something found at one of the scenes, possible latex gloves. According to reports the bodies were found in separate bedrooms. For one person to accomplish this would be very difficult. Our assumption is there were more individuals assisting this person. The individuals first name is Danie. He has an extensive criminal record found from the dw.courts.wa.gov website. If you know of any individuals connected to this person, close friends or people he hung out with including motorcycle gang members in the Seabeck area, leave info here for us. We are not connected to any police department, we are researchers from the area, trying to solve this, we will post more info as we pound the streets and get it.

Dang! Great work! Justice is coming! I hear it knocking on the door!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname