GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

I wonder where in heaven’s name was his live-in girlfriend during all this?

At work? Different schedules?

Not sure if anyone else mentioned but it appears that CD and his family lived very very near where he dumped CK’s body.

There is a 2014 public record indicating CD’s father left the property at Bristonwood Dr near the golf course to CD and his brother. Tacoma Daily Index, June 24, 2014

the address was previously associated with CD in white pages as well.

I’m attaching the map.

His dad didn't just leave the property, so much as he passed away. Which someone said that KC was one of the few people CD could talk to about his dads passing. I went to school with his brother and even went by that house once. That would give him some familiarization with the area.

She was not home at the time they believe KC was killed there. It appears she has remained living with him at the house during this investigation, she was detained and questioned yesterday when he was arrested but later let go. She hasn’t been charged with anything, could very well be she had no clue and he told her they were falsely investigating him.

The GF may not have known at the time, but you’d think she would have left the house or kicked out CD after the search warrants were executed on September 1st. At that point, she knew he was a very serious POI. At that point, she could have put that together with the security camera nonsense the same day KC went missing and other weird things like the basement project.

He had a vasectomy so he wouldnt have kids. It would be really bad luck if it 1. fixed itself and 2. Her pill failed at just the wrong time.

I must have missed that it was reported or confirmed that he had a vasectomy. If you wouldn't mind could you please link to that information? Or at least point me in the right direction?

He had a vasectomy so he wouldnt have kids. It would be really bad luck if it 1. fixed itself and 2. Her pill failed at just the wrong time.

Where is the information (link) discussed about him having a vasectomy? I haven’t found it anywhere.

IF he had a vasectomy then why did he even think the child was his? Why did he kill her? IF he had a vasectomy then he could be fairly confident the child was NOT his. Vasectomies have failed but for the most part are reliable. Or maybe he just TOLD people he’d had a vasectomy. I’ve heard THAT one before.

On another note...I’m leaning towards the idea that he believed that KC hadn’t told anyone about their ‘affair’. He had probably told her to keep the ‘affair’ to themselves and to not tell anyone. He seems to have been fairly good at manipulation. I’ve read in MSM where she had told people they were ‘just friends’ who went out to dinner and the movies. But her close friends knew all the details. I don’t think he knew that. She was plainly afraid to tell him about the pregnancy vasectomy or not. She must’ve known he wasn’t going to leave his live-in and it seems as though she didn’t care. She obviously felt comfortable going to his and the gf’s home. I wonder why the gf monitored the ADT cams so closely. Maybe because he’d been caught before. He seemed awfully worried about what the gf was thinking about those cams being down. This is all just my own speculation and opinion.

To me the really sad part is how KC’s mom talked about how she had thought KC was going to the grocery store but then noticed that KC had dressed nice and had fixed her hair and makeup which was something she didn’t usually do just to run to the store. So there she was picking out a nice outfit. Getting ready. Fixing her hair and makeup. All the while the man she is getting ready to see is planning her murder. He has to be one of the dumbest of the dumb killers we’ve seen in a while. I’m sure he thought he was the smartest thing out there and would never get caught. He literally left a trail.

If anyone has a link to this ‘vasectomy’ info please post. Otherwise it’s just rumor.

All opinions are my own.

Heart breaking for Kassanndra's mom! She lived with her parents. From the mom's interview you see the love she has for KC. I understand the police had asked KC's family and friends not to give their opinion of the ex-bf. This was before he was taken into custody. It sounds like nobody had a good opinion of him for the get go. Thankful he's behind bars.

The GF may not have known at the time, but you’d think she would have left the house or kicked out CD after the search warrants were executed on September 1st. At that point, she knew he was a very serious POI. At that point, she could have put that together with the security camera nonsense the same day KC went missing and other weird things like the basement project.

Maybe suspected, but was afraid of him, maybe she believed him but if she hated Kassanndra she may not have cared. Moo. I have seen enough "for my man" episodes to know anything is possible.

Where is the information (link) discussed about him having a vasectomy? I haven’t found it anywhere.

IF he had a vasectomy then why did he even think the child was his? Why did he kill her? IF he had a vasectomy then he could be fairly confident the child was NOT his. Vasectomies have failed but for the most part are reliable. Or maybe he just TOLD people he’d had a vasectomy. I’ve heard THAT one before.

On another note...I’m leaning towards the idea that he believed that KC hadn’t told anyone about their ‘affair’. He had probably told her to keep the ‘affair’ to themselves and to not tell anyone. He seems to have been fairly good at manipulation. I’ve read in MSM where she had told people they were ‘just friends’ who went out to dinner and the movies. But her close friends knew all the details. I don’t think he knew that. She was plainly afraid to tell him about the pregnancy vasectomy or not. She must’ve known he wasn’t going to leave his live-in and it seems as though she didn’t care. She obviously felt comfortable going to his and the gf’s home. I wonder why the gf monitored the ADT cams so closely. Maybe because he’d been caught before. He seemed awfully worried about what the gf was thinking about those cams being down. This is all just my own speculation and opinion.

To me the really sad part is how KC’s mom talked about how she had thought KC was going to the grocery store but then noticed that KC had dressed nice and had fixed her hair and makeup which was something she didn’t usually do just to run to the store. So there she was picking out a nice outfit. Getting ready. Fixing her hair and makeup. All the while the man she is getting ready to see is planning her murder. He has to be one of the dumbest of the dumb killers we’ve seen in a while. I’m sure he thought he was the smartest thing out there and would never get caught. He literally left a trail.

If anyone has a link to this ‘vasectomy’ info please post. Otherwise it’s just rumor.

I don't know how ADT works but If she has the app, wouldn't she get an alert saying its down and she would question it? Not necessarily she was checking in on him. LE hasn't arrested her so I guess they believe she isn't involved but she could very well know and the ADT messages could be just a ruse

Last edited:
Oh Kassandra...how terribly sad! I agree that she probably didn't expect his support but she perhaps felt an obligation to tell him. Although I don't know why. Reading the comment below, he sounds like a total narcissist sociopath.

From this article: Kassanndra Cantrell: Body of missing pregnant woman found in Pierce County; suspect arrested:

"But when it came to the father of the child, her best friend told detectives Cantrell initially was hesitant to tell Dudley because he reportedly didn’t want children. He initially made a comment that stuck with her when they dated over a decade ago, stating “if any girlfriend of his got pregnant and wouldn’t get an abortion, he would sue to get full custody, just to spite the mother for having the child.”

IF YOU DON'T WANT CHILDREN THAT BADLY KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS SIR!!!

So infuriating. So tragic.

Theoretically, KC’s dad May have urged her to let the father know.

I get this. As a child of a divorced father of a similar era, my father believed strongly in paternal rights. That fathers deserved a chance that for too long they were not given.

in this case it was the wrong move, a move KC’s dad theoretically will regret all of his life. but Philosophically, he would have been trying to advocate for all that is good in the world. That even a nasty man might have a change of heart and deserve a chance to be a dad.

personally I knew one man who was adamantly against marriage and children. It was because he grew up in an abusive situation in backwater Bible Belt PA. His partners feared settling down with him based on similar statements. But finally some gal in Texas did. And they ended up ok with a marriage and a kid. Despite years of battling. But you never know.

"Using the GPS data from Dudley's truck, detectives found a 'set of human remains that were wrapped and disposed of over a steep hillside along Chambers Creek', the sheriff's office said."

Body of pregnant woman is found 'wrapped up' in Tacoma | Daily Mail Online

I’m concerned about what ‘a set of human remains” might mean. I don’t remember hearing that phrasing before in other cases, (unless a body has been skeletonized and scattered, perhaps.) Have I just not noticed?

I wonder why the gf monitored the ADT cams so closely. Maybe because he’d been caught before. He seemed awfully worried about what the gf was thinking about those cams being down. This is all just my own speculation and opinion.

I live in Tacoma and that neighborhood isn't great and has quite a bit of crime so monitoring the cameras doesn't surprise me too much. But I wonder how frequently Kassanndra would visit his house? And when she did how did they avoid the cameras then? Maybe there wasn't a camera in the back area to the door? Or did he conveniently turn them off every time? Did they meet at another place besides his house for flings?

And yes, Colin grew up and graduated from University Place so he would know the area well. Sadly, Kassanndra's twin brother also lives in University Place and not far from where he dumped her body :(

Vasectomy- it’s a rumor. It has been said by Kassandra’s mom that he has said this in the past, likely an effort to (untruthfully) emphasize his hatred of child-rearing.

I’m concerned about what ‘a set of human remains” might mean. I don’t remember hearing that phrasing before in other cases, (unless a body has been skeletonized and scattered, perhaps.) Have I just not noticed?
Concerning, indeed... :(
“A set of remains” really conjures imagery of multiple pieces constituting a whole.
I hope that was just an unnecessarily wordy misstep. :(:mad:

I don't know how ADT works but If she has the app, wouldn't she get an alert saying its down and she would question it? Not necessarily she was checking in on him. LE hasn't arrested her so I guess they believe she isn't involved but she could very well know and the ADT messages could be just a ruse

I completely agree, I think he got
an ADT notification on his phone and realized she would have gotten one too so he needed to explain it before she could react. I too thought that the “adt” text both immediately before and after this calculated and heinous act could have been a code to let her know.

Last edited:
Considering all the blood in the basement, he may have dismembered the body and used several garbage bags to transfer them to the dumpster, or wherever it was that he actually hid the body.

I don't know how a person could do all this and then just go on with life as if everything was normal, telling everyone he was doing Spring cleaning. He must feel no guilt or remorse at all.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article245932625.html

SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 05:41 PM , UPDATED SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 08:08 PM

The body of Kassandra Cantrell, a pregnant Parkland woman missing nearly a month, was found Tuesday over a cliff in University Place.

A Pierce County sheriff’s SWAT team arrested her 37-year-old ex-boyfriend at his Tacoma house hours after the discovery. He is expected to be booked into Pierce County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Cantrell, 33, was last seen leaving her family’s home the morning of Aug. 25.

[..]

Just before noon Tuesday, the investigation led detectives to 64th Street West and Chambers Creek Road in University Place, where they found Cantrell’s body about 100 yards down a cliff.

Rescue crews used a high-angle ropes operation to recover the body.

“This is sad ending but this is the ending we expected,” sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said. “At least now we can get closure for the family.”

[..]

When interviewed, he allegedly said he hadn’t seen Cantrell in years.

They seized his truck — the one he drove away from the parking garage where Cantrell’s car was found — and analyzed GPS data about where he had recently driven.

That led investigators Tuesday to search the area along Chambers Creek Road, where they found a woman’s body wrapped and tossed over a hillside.

[..]

Although the Sheriff’s Department believes it is Cantrell, the Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify her after an autopsy.

Dudley was stoic as he sat in the courtroom while prosecutors asked the judge for 72 more hours to file charges against him. Volunteers who helped search for Cantrell sat in the audience. Some were emotional, and said they feel strongly that Dudley should also be charged with the murder of Cantrell's unborn baby. Family says she was about three months pregnant.

[...]

Cantrell's mother, Marie Smith, opted to skip today’s hearing, as she’s still trying to process the flood of new information that came with yesterday’s discovery of Kassanndra’s body, and Dudley’s arrest. “Her brother keeps asking why? There’s no why. He’s a bad person that’s all there was, there is no why…she literally wanted nothing from him.”

[...]

Dudley’s next scheduled court appearance is Friday afternoon where he’s expected to be formally charged.

Kassanndra Cantrell's mother speaks out for first time since her daughter's body found, ex-boyfriend arrested
(video at link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back