GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Do we know if there were other roommates beside CD and GF living in CD's house? If so, maybe better off but not exactly flush with cash. I have seen roommates referenced here but the most I have caught to potentially support that in MSM were vague references to "other people in the house" or something like that.

Yes, according to the FB group where Kassanndra's family posts, there was 1 other roommate.

Did Kassanndra not know about the girlfriend living there?
JMO It would be weird to go to the house where your ex boyfriend or FWB lives with his girlfriend to tell him you’re pregnant. Especially when he is vehemently against having children.
It just makes me so sad. :(

Did Kassanndra not know about the girlfriend living there? It would be weird to go to the house where your ex boyfriend or FWB lives with his girlfriend to tell him you’re pregnant. Especially when he is vehemently against having children.
It just makes me so sad. :(

Kassanndra most definitely knew she lived there. They all knew each other from theater groups when they were younger. It sounds like the live-in girlfriend often worked mornings through the afternoon. He often worked in afternoons and evenings. So they could have easily hooked up while the live-in GF was at work. He was a manager and chef at a catering company. With COVID going on I can tell you that the catering business here locally was pretty non-existent since March so he likely had a lot of time on his hands.

I'm pretty sure that he knew she was pregnant already. I have a feeling this meet up was about him trying to convince her to abort the baby. He had a plan in place in case she didn't agree to do that. She was thrilled with being pregnant so I'm sure that sent him into a rage - she wasn't going to cooperate with him and his ideas. I do wonder if she thought it strange that his truck wasn't at his house when she arrived...

I understand that cleaning ALL of the blood would have been very hard, but he probably didn't spend several days "cleaning" the basement, since her blood was found there in several places and on his car. He tried, but I doubt this guy was cleaning for days. I'm guessing he cleaned the vast majority of the evidence so the girlfriend wouldn't really notice it, but he clearly didn't do that great of a job, since LE found blood in several spots the very first time they searched the house.

Isn't that his house? You can't kicked someone out of their own house lol. She could've left, yes, absolutely. At this time, I'm inclined to believe that she didn't participate in this horrific murder, I'm not sure if she eventually started realizing something was wrong. I mean, we have seen time and time again, where families are presented with overwhelming evidence that a family member committed a crime and they don't believe it, it doesn't surprise me. Some people will just deny, deny, deny, some just refuse to believe or even question things, some will know that yeah, their family member probably did it but will still deny it and keep that to themselves. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Its been common before during domestic violence situations where the man will either own the house or the woman will instigate the DV that the cops take the man away. It could also be that she may not have had anywhere else to go. Tacoma is a high cost of living area. Maybe she didnt have family to run to or maybe she thought it was safer to show support rather then abandoning him, as in he might have taken it as an insult or a slight that she left and hunted her down.

I hate typing this but didn't we learn in the Watts case that a mother's body expells the baby when she dies? If that is the case she could have aborted naturally and there may not be tissue to sample and no telling what condition KC's organs are in at this point.

I know people crap themselves after death. This is the first I learned about the fetus part. I wonder if CD knew that or if he did something about it himself.

Its been common before during domestic violence situations where the man will either own the house or the woman will instigate the DV that the cops take the man away. It could also be that she may not have had anywhere else to go. Tacoma is a high cost of living area. Maybe she didnt have family to run to or maybe she thought it was safer to show support rather then abandoning him, as in he might have taken it as an insult or a slight that she left and hunted her down.

I know people crap themselves after death. This is the first I learned about the fetus part. I wonder if CD knew that or if he did something about it himself.
Coffin birth is extremely rare, though. We don't know if that's what happened in this case.

Coffin birth is extremely rare, though. We don't know if that's what happened in this case.

Coffin birth is considered rare because embalming is almost universal these days. Embalming retards the activity of the anaerobic bacteria that create the gases of decomposition that would cause the expulsion of a fetus.

In a naturally decomposing body, as Kassanndra's was, the likelihood is much greater that the pregnancy was expelled. But no, we don't know if it happened. And to your point, @bestill, the medical examiner would still be able to determine pregnancy by other anatomical means such as the appearance of the uterus for one example.

Coffin birth is considered rare because embalming is almost universal these days. Embalming retards the activity of the anaerobic bacteria that create the gases of decomposition that would cause the expulsion of a fetus.

In a naturally decomposing body, as Kassanndra's was, the likelihood is much greater that the pregnancy was expelled. But no, we don't know if it happened. And to your point, @bestill, the medical examiner would still be able to determine pregnancy by other anatomical means such as the appearance of the uterus for one example.

Thank you @Yemelyan. That was a concern, can the ME determine if she were pregnant at this stage of decomp and the early pregnancy. Of course we don't know how long she was in the woods nor do we know when she died, I'm assuming that she died Tuesday Aug 25 and he tossed her like trash that same day or the day after. Still unbelievable that he did that to another human being that clearly cared about him.

This is just grim speculation on my part, but considering the extensive premeditation, the amount of blood found (enough to declare it a homicide investigation after the house was searched IMO), the walking monstosity's prior sentiments about taking a baby away from its mother, and his line of work (having access to very sharp knives) , I have a sinking feeling this case is going to become even more gruesome than we know. Moo.

This is just grim speculation on my part, but considering the extensive premeditation, the amount of blood found (enough to declare it a homicide investigation after the house was searched IMO), the walking monstosity's prior sentiments about taking a baby away from its mother, and his line of work (having access to very sharp knives) , I have a sinking feeling this case is going to become even more gruesome than we know. Moo.

True, he may not have realized that separating the fetus from the mother would still leave pregnancy detectable by other structural and pathological means.

He's a monster IMO.

I think he explained his motive pretty well to investigators. He said his girlfriend was his priority and he would never do anything to jeopardize that, or something along those lines.

Too bad his plan backfired. Did he really think committing murder would solve his problems? Did he ever consider how her family and friends would be destroyed by this? I don't think he cares. His actions alone show he has no conscience and no remorse. He's an empty shell. Now he has nothing but four walls to stare at all day for the rest of his life.
BBM

Of all the stupid things to say when another woman is carrying his child!

True, he may not have realized that separating the fetus from the mother would still leave pregnancy detectable by other structural and pathological means.

He's a monster IMO.

I had the same thoughts. There's a maternal blood test that can determine paternity as early as 8 wks. So even if what you suggest happened, paternity could still be determined.

Before Birth, Dad’s ID

I'm pretty sure that he knew she was pregnant already. I have a feeling this meet up was about him trying to convince her to abort the baby. He had a plan in place in case she didn't agree to do that. She was thrilled with being pregnant so I'm sure that sent him into a rage - she wasn't going to cooperate with him and his ideas. I do wonder if she thought it strange that his truck wasn't at his house when she arrived...

I think he had already had a conversation about aborting the baby. He had already put his plan in motion before she even got to his house. He was prepared.

I think she told him earlier. Maybe she gave him an ultimatum. After all that time with him. On and off for years and now she's pregnant. She might have threatened to tell the live in. Maybe KC wanted more. Maybe she wanted him and a family and was prepared to out him to get what she craved.

He wasn't happy with being threatened and came up with this plan. I'll bet he called her, apologized, said let's get together and figure this thing out.

She thought she had him. They were going to be together. She got herself dressed up, made herself look pretty for him, all the while it was nothing but a ruse.

This is all MOO. I just see it going down like this.

I think he had already had a conversation about aborting the baby. He had already put his plan in motion before she even got to his house. He was prepared.

I think she told him earlier. Maybe she gave him an ultimatum. After all that time with him. On and off for years and now she's pregnant. She might have threatened to tell the live in. Maybe KC wanted more. Maybe she wanted him and a family and was prepared to out him to get what she craved.

He wasn't happy with being threatened and came up with this plan. I'll bet he called her, apologized, said let's get together and figure this thing out.

She thought she had him. They were going to be together. She got herself dressed up, made herself look pretty for him, all the while it was nothing but a ruse.

Agree and what a horrible thought...

I am sure we will have a better understanding of what their "routine" was, such as where they met and how often, etc. I'm processing the security camera. So the camera shows comings and going to the house, so wouldn't you think him loading the bike in his truck, taking off with it and returning home on it would have been caught on the camera? Also was he turning it off every time Kassanndra visited so that he wasn't busted by the live in? Him explaining that it was down, as some said earlier, shows that live in was keeping up with it and what was happening at home. Usually you watch the camera when you know everyone is away not while they are home. Either that text was a code to her or he was being watched and held accountable.

I can't get over Kassanndra getting read to meet this creep, wanting to look pretty for him, driving to see him and literally walking into a death trap. Her mother's words in the interview yesterday should be included in the prosecutions opening statement. With all the photos of how lovely she was. He's evil no doubt!

I actually don’t see it this way at all, I don’t think she gave him an ultimatum, more the opposite-“letting” him know and “letting” him decide if he was at all interested in being a father to her child.
BUT I DO think this is exactly how he felt that she felt though, adding to his need to “abort” her as well. So freaking narcissistic Moo

I'm starting to believe it didn't really matter, to him, if Kassanndra wanted him in the baby's life or not, he didn't want to have a child. He knew she wasn't going to change her mind and wasn't going to get an abortion. He was ready to murder her, he planned everything, he knew she had made her decision and that she didn't even want him in the baby's life. By all accounts, she was happy to be a mommy on her own and with the help of her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back