GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

I actually don’t see it this way at all, I don’t think she gave him an ultimatum, more the opposite-“letting” him know and “letting” him decide if he was at all interested in being a father to her child.
BUT I DO think this is exactly how he felt that she felt though, adding to his need to “abort” her as well. So freaking narcissistic Moo
Yeah, according to her friends and family she was fully prepared and looking forward to raising her child on her own.

Apparently the ex-boyfriend wasn't going to take any chances. If anybody gave him an ultimatum, it might have been the girlfriend. If she did find out about the pregnancy she may have threatened to leave him. Maybe in his warped mind he thought if he 'got rid' of the problem it would save his relationship and all would be forgiven.

I hate typing this but didn't we learn in the Watts case that a mother's body expells the baby when she dies? If that is the case she could have aborted naturally and there may not be tissue to sample and no telling what condition KC's organs are in at this point.

I have to link that article; it states that extranuclear DNA from the fetus (the one they use to determine the baby's sex and paternity) clears from the blood in 24 hours after death, but stays in fatty organs (brain, liver, and some others) for up to one month. It is easier to determine pregnancy in the case of a male, as always. So, they found KC close to that one month margin, and of course, elements and heat made the tissues dry, so the chance is slim... still, it makes sense to sample these organs for determination of pregnancy. A negative answer won't be definitive, merely meaning that it is "too late", but a positive one might be very important for the case. I think the pathologists know it better than I, though.

Yeah, according to her friends and family she was fully prepared and looking forward to raising her child on her own.

Apparently the ex-boyfriend wasn't going to take any chances. If anybody gave him an ultimatum, it might have been the girlfriend. If she did find out about the pregnancy she may have threatened to leave him. Maybe in his warped mind he thought if he 'got rid' of the problem it would save his relationship and all would be forgiven.

I also wonder if he told everyone about his vasectomy, and it did not happen. He probably is attention-seeking. So the news of KC's pregnancy turn "vasectomy" into a major joke, people would be laughing at him, and this humiliation he'd probably be unable to wither. I wonder if it was the biggest issue of all. Because, honestly, serially cheating on his GF does not scream, "invested in the relationship". It means, "doesn't care about anyone but himself". Now, him becoming the laughingstock of the neighborhood is another thing.

He will probably be facing numerous charges. Felony murder, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse, lying to investigators, obstruction, are all possibilities. There must be some way to charge him for the death of the unborn child, especially if that was part of his motive. At least I'm hoping there is.

Not sure that there is anything in WA about the child. Almost positive there is none at this stage of pregnancy, in fact. But there might be something like "using helpless condition of the victim", too.

I also wonder if he told everyone about his vasectomy, and it did not happen. He probably is attention-seeking. So the news of KC's pregnancy turn "vasectomy" into a major joke, people would be laughing at him, and this humiliation he'd probably be unable to wither. I wonder if it was the biggest issue of all. Because, honestly, serially cheating on his GF does not scream, "invested in the relationship". It means, "doesn't care about anyone but himself". Now, him becoming the laughingstock of the neighborhood is another thing.

I've wondered about that vasectomy too, but if he hadn't had one why didn't his live in get pregnant? Maybe she's the one that had a permanent thing done and he didn't...
Would love for a friend or acquaintance to give us some insight on him. He may be as you describe a big talker.

I am sure we will have a better understanding of what their "routine" was, such as where they met and how often, etc. I'm processing the security camera. So the camera shows comings and going to the house, so wouldn't you think him loading the bike in his truck, taking off with it and returning home on it would have been caught on the camera? Also was he turning it off every time Kassanndra visited so that he wasn't busted by the live in? Him explaining that it was down, as some said earlier, shows that live in was keeping up with it and what was happening at home. Usually you watch the camera when you know everyone is away not while they are home. Either that text was a code to her or he was being watched and held accountable.

I can't get over Kassanndra getting read to meet this creep, wanting to look pretty for him, driving to see him and literally walking into a death trap. Her mother's words in the interview yesterday should be included in the prosecutions opening statement. With all the photos of how lovely she was. He's evil no doubt!

If there was a roommate he could have told GF that KC was there to visit roomie. No need to turn off outside cameras for that.

I think he had already had a conversation about aborting the baby. He had already put his plan in motion before she even got to his house. He was prepared.

I think she told him earlier. Maybe she gave him an ultimatum. After all that time with him. On and off for years and now she's pregnant. She might have threatened to tell the live in. Maybe KC wanted more. Maybe she wanted him and a family and was prepared to out him to get what she craved.

He wasn't happy with being threatened and came up with this plan. I'll bet he called her, apologized, said let's get together and figure this thing out.

She thought she had him. They were going to be together. She got herself dressed up, made herself look pretty for him, all the while it was nothing but a ruse.

This is all MOO. I just see it going down like this.
That^^^ is what happened to pregnant Erin Corwin. Her married marine boyfriend 1st told her that he couldn't be with her. And she couldn't have the baby.

But he then apologised and told her he wanted to meet, go for a hike, and discuss their future together.

Of course that was all a lie and he just wanted the chance to get her alone in a remote place...

Not sure that there is anything in WA about the child. Almost positive there is none at this stage of pregnancy, in fact. But there might be something like "using helpless condition of the victim", too.

RCW 9A.32.060: Manslaughter in the first degree.

He or she intentionally and unlawfully kills an unborn quick child by inflicting any injury upon the mother of such child.

Last edited:
“No Washington criminal case has ever included ‘unborn child’ or fetus in its definition of person.” It also observed that when the legislature intends to include an unborn child within a class of criminal victims, it specifically includes language to indicate a departure from “the typical definition of a child as a person from the time of birth to age 18.”

State v. Besabe
, 166 Wash. App. 872, 271 P.3d 387 (2012)

If there was a roommate he could have told GF that KC was there to visit roomie. No need to turn off outside cameras for that.

Yeah but KC, he and the gf all knew each other and had for years. Somewhere back in the thread I read where they all met at a theatre group. He began dating the gf and then cheated on her with KC. Then he and KC were together for 2 years until she left him. Then he got back together with the gf. Ten years or so pass and KC and CD reconnect. MOO, the gf would never have believed KC was there to see anyone other than CD.

All opinions are my own.

I see several posters on here are thinking along the same lines as I have been about him 100% luring her to her death. I’m betting they had already had all of the ‘conversations’ (most likely arguments) about her aborting the child. He had probably made threats (such as the threat to take the child away for spite as quoted by her friend). She seemed as though she didn’t want nor need him in the child’s life. She probably told him this. Yet the day she went to see him she didn’t seem angry and she went to some trouble to try and look nice.

I’m thinking he dropped the threats and arguments days before this meeting. I’m thinking he started telling her what he thought she wanted to hear. I’m thinking that for days he’d been plying her with apologies and ‘maybe we can work this out’ type stuff. She didn’t go over there just to talk...she got ready, looked nice and her mother didn’t detect any anger in her mood...KC may have thought the ‘affair’ was still ongoing that everything was status quo and that he had accepted the pregnancy. She had been to his house before and seemed comfortable going over there so I don’t think she was suspicious of anything being out of the ordinary. She walked right into that trap. This was 100% cold blooded premeditation.

Its been common before during domestic violence situations where the man will either own the house or the woman will instigate the DV that the cops take the man away. It could also be that she may not have had anywhere else to go. Tacoma is a high cost of living area. Maybe she didnt have family to run to or maybe she thought it was safer to show support rather then abandoning him, as in he might have taken it as an insult or a slight that she left and hunted her down.

I know people crap themselves after death. This is the first I learned about the fetus part. I wonder if CD knew that or if he did something about it himself.

I don’t know what he did about the baby, but some comments on Fox13 live today indicate what he did to the mother. Shockingly sadistic. We have DP moratorium in WA, but I hope they won’t let him out, ever.

We analyzed the quick child statute in the first thread and were skeptical it would apply here due to the belief that KC pregnancy was early.

I just watched the websleuths YouTube video with KC’s twin brother RC. Two new issues raised:
- the victim’s advocate told them that to get life in prison, it needs to be aggravated murder and they did not have enough to prove that (at the time of their conversation anyway), just first degree murder which is 30 years (release as soon as 20 with good behavior)
- the advocate told them that with first degree murder he will get bail, that bail is only denied for aggravated murder

here is definition of aggravated murder:
RCW 10.95.020: Definition.

a few potentially relevant bullets highlighted here bbm:

(6) The person committed the murder to obtain or maintain his or her membership or to advance his or her position in the hierarchy of an organization, association, or identifiable group;
(8) The victim was:
(a) A judge; juror or former juror; prospective, current, or former witness in an adjudicative proceeding; prosecuting attorney; deputy prosecuting attorney; defense attorney; a member of the indeterminate sentence review board; or a probation or parole officer; and
(b) The murder was related to the exercise of official duties performed or to be performed by the victim;
(9) The person committed the murder to conceal the commission of a crime or to protect or conceal the identity of any person committing a crime, including, but specifically not limited to, any attempt to avoid prosecution as a persistent offender as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;
(10) There was more than one victim and the murders were part of a common scheme or plan or the result of a single act of the person;

The GF may not have known at the time, but you’d think she would have left the house or kicked out CD after the search warrants were executed on September 1st. At that point, she knew he was a very serious POI. At that point, she could have put that together with the security camera nonsense the same day KC went missing and other weird things like the basement project.

If I knew my partner was suspected of just murdering his mistress in cold blood in our basement I probably wouldn't be doing anything to make him angry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back