WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Good job Scandi! I wonder why he was let go.

wow....scandi....that is a ton of info!

i sure hope this is a break in the case....Lindsey needs to come home....my heart hurts for her family....

You and Seventeen scooped every news organization in WA!! Another WS exclusive!! WOOHOO!! Bravo!!!
HOT OFF THE LIPS OF Ms Voss

I decided to call the ORV park and got some hot news. developing story :)

A lady answered the phone and I told her my name and that there were several of us who had heard about new searches in Lindsey's case and she and I were suddenly bosom buddies.

I asked if Fonda Voss was the caretaker of the ORV Park and she said , No, that's me. She would have no reason to lie.

She proceeded too tell me they are now without a caretaker as the previous one was let go about a week ago. I asked her who that was and she said Allen. Towards the end of our convo I came back to Allen and asked his last name. She said it is a hard name to remember, opened up her mind and said it is either Meihoff or Lamhoff, or something similar.

She then mentioned that early this morning the Sheriff's officers and search and rescue crews were there and headed out into the Capitol Forest part of the park. She must have meant where it is heavily treed. She said it was a sizable group of people and of course they didn't tell anyone at the park where they were headed in the park or why.

I asked about the fire the Monday after the 4th and she said where they were headed this morning was not in the area where the fire was. She said the fire was investigated thoroughly from what she heard and had no relation to Lindsey's case.

Fonda also told me she had heard the dogs were out again this morning in McCleary.

Her last words to me were so heartfelt. She said the people in town are saying there is something about this case that they can't put their finger on. There will be a burst of activity and then it seems like nothing is happening in the case. Then all of a sudden another burst of activity. They think that something is about to happen, just a communal feeling I guess, and then she said she believes they are out in the C Forest searching today from a tip they received.

We talked about Lindsey and she said you might not hear much about her or what is going on in the investigation if you're walking down the street. But the people who live here are keeping the case alive, talking between themselves and though it might not look good, they all hope she is found soon and that she is still alive.

Back to Allen, his departure or firing was sudden and without fanfare. She said he was just taken off the job with nothing said to anyone who works there except they will be hiring a new caretaker for the ORV Park. xox

HOT OFF THE LIPS OF Ms Voss

I decided to call the ORV park and got some hot news. developing story :)

A lady answered the phone and I told her my name and that there were several of us who had heard about new searches in Lindsey's case and she and I were suddenly bosom buddies.

I asked if Fonda Voss was the caretaker of the ORV Park and she said , No, that's me. She would have no reason to lie.

She proceeded too tell me they are now without a caretaker as the previous one was let go about a week ago. I asked her who that was and she said Allen. Towards the end of our convo I came back to Allen and asked his last name. She said it is a hard name to remember, opened up her mind and said it is either Meihoff or Lamhoff, or something similar.

She then mentioned that early this morning the Sheriff's officers and search and rescue crews were there and headed out into the Capitol Forest part of the park. She must have meant where it is heavily treed. She said it was a sizable group of people and of course they didn't tell anyone at the park where they were headed in the park or why.

I asked about the fire the Monday after the 4th and she said where they were headed this morning was not in the area where the fire was. She said the fire was investigated thoroughly from what she heard and had no relation to Lindsey's case.

Fonda also told me she had heard the dogs were out again this morning in McCleary.

Her last words to me were so heartfelt. She said the people in town are saying there is something about this case that they can't put their finger on. There will be a burst of activity and then it seems like nothing is happening in the case. Then all of a sudden another burst of activity. They think that something is about to happen, just a communal feeling I guess, and then she said she believes they are out in the C Forest searching today from a tip they received.

We talked about Lindsey and she said you might not hear much about her or what is going on in the investigation if you're walking down the street. But the people who live here are keeping the case alive, talking between themselves and though it might not look good, they all hope she is found soon and that she is still alive.

I brought up the helicopters flying south of Hwy 8 in the middle of the night last week and she said everyone thought that was so strange as it is an uncommon occurance the way it was done, at least that is what the talk of the town is.

Back to Allen, his departure or firing was sudden and without fanfare. She said he was just taken off the job with nothing said to anyone who works there except they will be hiring a new caretaker for the ORV Park. xox

I'm just bumping up scandi's posts as she adds info.

Has he taken his lunch break yet? Don't 'spose he'd want to drive on over to Saddleline and ask some questions. They've got a refreshment stand.

When I read your post STEADFAST it sparked me, thinking, well the quickest way to get there is by phone. LOLOLOL

Wow...WTG, Scandi!! If I keep hitting the refresh button, I am going to crash WS. LOL

I know, but I was taking notes on the major points as we talked and wanted to make sure I got it right and all of it in the post. Had to write it in stages so I could take my time and still keep you guys aprised.

There is one thing I didn't state in that post, and don't want to re-edit it again :crazy::

She used the word early I see in my notes. That is the Sheriff's dept and crew of search and rescue people were at the park early this morning. It was not long before 1:30pm that I was talking with her and she didn't say they had left.

I assume, don't know if this is accurate, that these people would have all parked their cars in the parking area and she would have seen them leave because she saw them when they arrived.

That would mean they have been out searching in the Forest for many hours. If they arrived early, like before 8am that would mean they would have been out there for over 5 hours.

If they were all gone I think she would have told me as we did allot of talking in a relatively short period of time!

It reminds me of the story about the man seen on the 4 wheeler with the little girl in a bathing suit in that ORV park. Maybe there was something to it after all.

It could also be she saw them in "caravan" fashion driving by the area, too. I would think she would notice if they were leaving tho and she probably would have mentioned it.

Sounds like she is a very nice person and truly wants to do anything to help find Lindsey. :)

BTW, I have researched every variation on the last name and came up with nothing. Maybe if we looked at Lindsey's friends again on myspace or if someone could tell me what phone book would a person living out there would be listed in...we could start there.

Yup, 17secs and scandi -- Posters of the Week!
:partyguy::balloons::balloons: :gold_crown: :gold_crown: :balloons::balloons::partyguy:

LE has found "something" near the RR tracks, about a half mile west of where Summit Road and Hiway 8 intersect. No idea what they found or if it pertains to Lindsey, but I'll keep you posted. Please pray for Lindsey and her family.

For what its worth, Fonda Voss is my friend that works at the ORV park and I would gladly vouch for her integrity. :)

I pray it's a break in the case.. but not a body.

So do I. It's driving me crazy, I can see part of the roadblock from my kitchen window. I want to know what is going on, but I know better than to go over there and get in the way asking questions.

LE has found "something" near the RR tracks, about a half mile west of where Summit Road and Hiway 8 intersect. No idea what they found or if it pertains to Lindsey, but I'll keep you posted. Please pray for Lindsey and her family.
Are Mox Chehalis Road, 3rd St., and Summit the same?

Here's something else to keep us busy while we wait (gratefully!):
http://www.straddlelineraceway.com/local-amenities/gas-station.html

Straddleline Raceway has a website! And a forum...

I found :
Gas oil wiper fluid when you have to have it it's just a few minuets away, along with the semi famous McCleary gas station cuisine, Yes get your gas, oil and corn dog in one convenient place the local mini mart.

It sounds like most anybody would think McCleary is the go-to spot for gas...which means that most anybody could be who we're looking for.

Gailrene, Summit doesn't run into 8 does it? I thought it turned into 108.

Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong area.

Can you post a map of the area? Or give me directions and I will. LOL

sorry i was so vague...what i heard is that there is an rv park around mccleary and that the caretaker just got fired and his computer was taken from him...thats what some of the locals are saying...i am assuming that it's this park i posted. i also heard that the guy who got fired' daughter was friends with Lindsey...just what i heard...cant comfirm

Hi Seventeenseconds, Thanks for your info this morning.

After this lady told me she was Fonda I told her why I was inquiring about the caretaker, that we had heard he had been fired and his computer was taken. At that point I asked if she had his name and she just started telling me info.

I didn't push her about Allen and it was a decision I made at that moment, except I knew I would try to get his last name from her since she had only given me his first name.

To ask if he was 'different' or if she knew if he had a daughter who was friends with Lindsey seemed a bit too personal at that time to ask. I just didn't want to give her any reason to stop talking to me if she would suddenly think she was giving out too much info.

I can always call her back. LOLOL There was a bustle in the background, people coming in to register as at first she said just a minute and I heard her talking to someone, then she came right back. Thank heavens! xox

Good job Scandi! I wonder why he was let go.

Hi Jennifer, I think it was a surprise to everyone who worked there.

I have to think of the right time to call her back to see if she has learned anything about todays search in the Forest.

I've been wondering if I should call the Olympian paper but I probably wouldn't get thru on a Sunday anyway. I could leave a message there is a scoop and will they please send out an investigative journalist to the ORV Park. :D:D

Area of Summit with RR tracks.
I can't find where Summit Road, Highway 8 and RR tracks cross over each other. This is possibly the wrong area. Gailrene will have to tell me if it is or not.

72565763.jpg

So do I. It's driving me crazy, I can see part of the roadblock from my kitchen window. I want to know what is going on, but I know better than to go over there and get in the way asking questions.

Let's all hold hands. We'll wait together.
h053.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back