WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Discussion in 'Lindsey Baum' started by christine2448, Jul 17, 2009.

1. JenniferO

JenniferO Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.

Good job Scandi! I wonder why he was let go.

2. TakeNote

TakeNote Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding

wow....scandi....that is a ton of info!

i sure hope this is a break in the case....Lindsey needs to come home....my heart hurts for her family....

3. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

You and Seventeen scooped every news organization in WA!! Another WS exclusive!! WOOHOO!! Bravo!!!

4. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

I'm just bumping up scandi's posts as she adds info.

5. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Freakin amazing. You guys rock.

6. scandi

scandi New Member

When I read your post STEADFAST it sparked me, thinking, well the quickest way to get there is by phone. LOLOLOL

I know, but I was taking notes on the major points as we talked and wanted to make sure I got it right and all of it in the post. Had to write it in stages so I could take my time and still keep you guys aprised.

There is one thing I didn't state in that post, and don't want to re-edit it again :crazy::

She used the word early I see in my notes. That is the Sheriff's dept and crew of search and rescue people were at the park early this morning. It was not long before 1:30pm that I was talking with her and she didn't say they had left.

I assume, don't know if this is accurate, that these people would have all parked their cars in the parking area and she would have seen them leave because she saw them when they arrived.

That would mean they have been out searching in the Forest for many hours. If they arrived early, like before 8am that would mean they would have been out there for over 5 hours.

If they were all gone I think she would have told me as we did allot of talking in a relatively short period of time!

7. SeriouslySearching

It reminds me of the story about the man seen on the 4 wheeler with the little girl in a bathing suit in that ORV park. Maybe there was something to it after all.

It could also be she saw them in "caravan" fashion driving by the area, too. I would think she would notice if they were leaving tho and she probably would have mentioned it.

Sounds like she is a very nice person and truly wants to do anything to help find Lindsey. :)

BTW, I have researched every variation on the last name and came up with nothing. Maybe if we looked at Lindsey's friends again on myspace or if someone could tell me what phone book would a person living out there would be listed in...we could start there.

8. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

Yup, 17secs and scandi -- Posters of the Week!
    :partyguy::balloons::balloons: :gold_crown: :gold_crown: :balloons::balloons::partyguy:

9. Gailrene

Gailrene New Member

LE has found "something" near the RR tracks, about a half mile west of where Summit Road and Hiway 8 intersect. No idea what they found or if it pertains to Lindsey, but I'll keep you posted. Please pray for Lindsey and her family.

10. Gailrene

Gailrene New Member

For what its worth, Fonda Voss is my friend that works at the ORV park and I would gladly vouch for her integrity. :)

11. JenniferO

I pray it's a break in the case.. but not a body.

12. Gailrene

Gailrene New Member

So do I. It's driving me crazy, I can see part of the roadblock from my kitchen window. I want to know what is going on, but I know better than to go over there and get in the way asking questions.

13. SeriouslySearching

Are Mox Chehalis Road, 3rd St., and Summit the same?

14. coastal

coastal Well-Known Member

Here's something else to keep us busy while we wait (gratefully!):
    http://www.straddlelineraceway.com/local-amenities/gas-station.html

Straddleline Raceway has a website! And a forum...

I found :
    Gas oil wiper fluid when you have to have it it's just a few minuets away, along with the semi famous McCleary gas station cuisine, Yes get your gas, oil and corn dog in one convenient place the local mini mart.

It sounds like most anybody would think McCleary is the go-to spot for gas...which means that most anybody could be who we're looking for.

15. JenniferO

Gailrene, Summit doesn't run into 8 does it? I thought it turned into 108.

Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong area.

Can you post a map of the area? Or give me directions and I will. LOL

16. scandi

scandi New Member

Hi Seventeenseconds, Thanks for your info this morning.

After this lady told me she was Fonda I told her why I was inquiring about the caretaker, that we had heard he had been fired and his computer was taken. At that point I asked if she had his name and she just started telling me info.

I didn't push her about Allen and it was a decision I made at that moment, except I knew I would try to get his last name from her since she had only given me his first name.

To ask if he was 'different' or if she knew if he had a daughter who was friends with Lindsey seemed a bit too personal at that time to ask. I just didn't want to give her any reason to stop talking to me if she would suddenly think she was giving out too much info.

I can always call her back. LOLOL There was a bustle in the background, people coming in to register as at first she said just a minute and I heard her talking to someone, then she came right back. Thank heavens! xox

17. scandi

scandi New Member

Hi Jennifer, I think it was a surprise to everyone who worked there.

I have to think of the right time to call her back to see if she has learned anything about todays search in the Forest.

I've been wondering if I should call the Olympian paper but I probably wouldn't get thru on a Sunday anyway. I could leave a message there is a scoop and will they please send out an investigative journalist to the ORV Park. :D:D

18. Gailrene

Gailrene New Member

Yes, they run into each other.

19. JenniferO

Area of Summit with RR tracks.
    I can't find where Summit Road, Highway 8 and RR tracks cross over each other. This is possibly the wrong area. Gailrene will have to tell me if it is or not.

[​IMG]

20. coastal

coastal Well-Known Member

Let's all hold hands. We'll wait together.
    [​IMG]