WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MelissaW. Can you ask JV:

1. Did MC have any female enemies, regardless of whether it was her fault or not, or even logical?

2. Did MC have any recent change in her life, like a new friend, friends, or activity?

3. Were there any crazy things going on where through no fault of her own people were involving her in it

Could be.....I would really like to know.

What we are learning is changing the time line....she wasn't at Target around 4...it was 11:30 am instead. And, she might not have been at the car wash, at all??

She was at a carwash 2/9. Around 4pm. Attendant had to help her with the machine accepting her coins/dollars. LE has info from attendant.

She was at a carwash 2/9. Around 4pm. Attendant had to help her with the machine accepting her coins/dollars. LE has info from attendant.

Wow thanks, that is interesting. Did you get that information from here or a separate source? TIA.

So, ChuckMaureen................the allegedly "purged data" could very well be on a tape?
I'm finding it very hard to believe that a "section" of data was lifted out and purged and lost! Do you think LE is just playing games with the potential perp(s)? I would think they would want them to think they had all the phone data! How did the interviewer for GoLakeChelan have this information? I find it extremely odd that this information came out on this interview. It's like it was a "plant". Maybe LE wants the perp(s) to think they are safe? From everything our resident experts are saying, there is no way anybody from Verizon wireless would just go in and pluck out data and purge it like this. Am I correct? This is very troubling.

The carriers would not provide data to LE on tape medium. They would copy the requested data to CD or to DVD. At one time the data would have been provided on floppy disk (some of you might be saying to yourself. "Floppy disk!? What's that?) or simply as a print job.

Thanks for this information. Please tell me, if she was alone. thanks!!

Welcome Sillyputty and thank you for that information. We would love to hear if you know this for a fact (and how) or if it is rumor.
:)

Hi Sillyputty and :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths! :)

Can you tell us how you came to acquire this information? Can you say how certain the attendant is that it was Mackenzie and it was on Tuesday, Feb 9th?

Do you know why she needed help with the machine? Was she somehow impaired?

Do you know if she was alone?

Thanks in advance! And thanks for joining us here! :)

• Was it a positive id of Mackenzie and her car at the car wash?
  • How much 'cash' did Mackenzie typically keep on her person?
  • Did she have to go to an ATM before going to that car wash?
  • Did she experience trouble with crumpled bills or was she so 'nervous' she had trouble feeding the bills / coins?
  • Was she alone?
The pics of MC's car sure do not portray a car that had been recently washed. I suppose it's possible the paint is deteriorated but not likely since paint formulations and application processes are much improved over that of the '80s and earlier, although the car might have been paced through some rough times.

So, through the car wash @ ~ 4:00 pm, then abandoned on PCR @ ~ 7:00 pm.

Where was the car between those times? If it appears 'dirty' as @ 7:00 pm then it must have been driven through on gravel or dirt road(s)? Would a trip to and from the CB propertycause such 'dirt' overlay?

There are areas of the car that appear to have been wiped, notably around the gas fill area. Interesting. Did the perp wipe specific areas on the car?

What evidence was found in the car that caused LE to immediately form a task force to attempt to locate a then-missing Mackenzie and eventually to request a SW for her cell phone records?

We might assume the simplest: her purse, left in the car in plain sight. Of course there might have been blood evidence but I do not suspect that was the case. The purse would have been sufficient.

I suspect PCR was chosen because it is out of the way from and not anywhere near where the perp might live .. if the perp lives in Wenatchee.

Is it someone who frequents the 'downtown' area, perhaps frequents the same locations as once did Mackenzie? Or is it a SK.

Attachments

• GP_rear.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 58
  • GP_front.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 52
  • GP_side.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 43
I think the car looks as if it was driven down/up a dusty or gravel road....and there are parts of the car that look shiny clean.

Could the dirt/dust be from the tow truck that brought her car down?
Also, the tires look like they have been through mud recently.

I wonder why the windshield wipers are like that? Someone may have been in a hurry to get out of the car and hit the switch and didn't fix it before turning the ignition off.. was it raining at all that day?

///snippage///

The pics of MC's car sure do not portray a car that had been recently washed. I suppose it's possible the paint is deteriorated but not likely since paint formulations and application processes are much improved over that of the '80s and earlier, although the car might have been paced through some rough times.

So, through the car wash @ ~ 4:00 pm, then abandoned on PCR @ ~ 7:00 pm.

Where was the car between those times? If it appears 'dirty' as @ 7:00 pm then it must have been driven through on gravel or dirt road(s)? Would a trip to and from the CB propertycause such 'dirt' overlay?

There are areas of the car that appear to have been wiped, notably around the gas fill area. Interesting. Did the perp wipe specific areas on the car?

///snippage ///

I apologize for quoting my own post but this is important:

I do see evidence on the car showing it had been recently exposed to water, such as being driven through a car wash or rain.

The rear spoiler installation on those Gran Prixs are notorious for not having adequate insulation to prevent water from puddling under the structure.

What occurs after a moderate rain or car wash venture is water accumulates under the spoiler and seeps out when the car accelerates or when the trunk is opened.

The attached picture indicates the trails left by this phenomenon.

My conclusion: MC's car was driven through a car wash, sprayed with a garden hose or was exposed to rain (but I do not recall it having rained that day or previous in Wenatchee).

Also, the 'dirt' on the car definitely occurred post-water exposure, given the water trails left by the water seepage from the spoiler.

See the attached pic:

Attachments

• GP_rear_watermark.png
    GP_rear_watermark.png
    499.7 KB · Views: 77
I wonder why the windshield wipers are like that? Someone may have been in a hurry to get out of the car and hit the switch and didn't fix it before turning the ignition off.. was it raining at all that day?

NO rain, that day.

Well...some people said it did rain...??? maybe so? Not where I was, however.

It was raining intermittently in different areas throughout the day. Some areas had sun breaks, most of the day it was gloomy.

OH? ok...well, I recall being in the center of town between 3-5 that day, around the court house. There was no rain, in that spot, at that time. Maybe other parts of town got rain?

If MC was seen at the car wash, with a passenger, then I am wondering if the passenger drove the car, later that day, to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname