WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

no, you're not wrong. Some areas did get rain, regardless of what that says. The most commonly used weather gauges are at Pangborn and zero inches may have been recorded there, but it did rain intermittently in some areas, like my yard :)

I also didn't see the sun at all that day but know some people did.

ETA- we also don't know when those pics were taken, and it rained intermittently for a couple of days after her disappearance. In fact it was raining up PC the next day when I drove up there for the first time after her disappearance.

I have some answers for everyone:

JV is sure that MC never went to the spec house with friends.

Text messages- the first one she sent him before she came into his work around 11:30
just to say she was coming in and, like I said earlier, he was busy so she left. The last text message he got from her was at like 2:45 PM. She said "hey" and it was normal for her to send short messages like that because she knew his schedule and what time he worked and got out. After work he went home and was waiting for her to text him because she always did but she didn't. He then tried to text her around 4:15 PM and it said that his text messages were not going through & being received. He called over and over and left a message. He was worried because she never would just turn her phone off like that.

Man, just typing that up was emotional. I could imagine how horrible and helpless you would feel if that happened to you. :(

If you look at the picture of the front of the car there is a dirt road next to the impound lot. If the tow truck took that road it could have gotten dirty that way. Or did the perp drive her car up the unpaved portion of the canyon road before he or she brought it back down and left it where it was found? Perhaps he drove around a bit searching for a spot to leave it.

• . . . . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . . . . .

Where was the car between those times? If it appears 'dirty' as @ 7:00 pm then it must have been driven through on gravel or dirt road(s)? Would a trip to and from the CB propertycause such 'dirt' overlay?

. . . . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . . . . .

I suspect PCR was chosen because it is out of the way from and not anywhere near where the perp might live .. if the perp lives in Wenatchee.

Is it someone who frequents the 'downtown' area, perhaps frequents the same locations as once did Mackenzie? Or is it a SK.

• *** IMO, it’s highly unlikely that “a trip to and from the CB property caused such ‘dirt’ overlay.” If the perps merely drove from Wenatchee to the CB property without any detours, there is no plausible reason for the perps to travel on any roads but paved ones.

*** Assuming MC’s car was in the Eagle Rock-area (which includes the spec house) when the perps decided to ditch her car, then PCR would be somewhat on the way to CB. That said, if the perps hadn’t ditched MC’s car on PCR, then it would have been a couple minutes quicker if the perps drove across the north bridge, and then turned right (southbound) onto Hwy. 28/Sunset Hwy.

So, I’m OPINING that MC’s car was somewhere in the Eagle Rock-area (or at least in north Wenatchee-area) when the perps decided to transport MC’s body to CB. I OPINE the perps chose PCR for two reasons: (1) it is somewhat remote; and (2) it was NOT out of their way in traveling to the CB property.

Text messages- the first one she sent him before she came into his work around 11:30
just to say she was coming in and, like I said earlier, he was busy so she left. The last text message he got from her was at like 2:45 PM. She said "hey" and it was normal for her to send short messages like that because she knew his schedule and what time he worked and got out. After work he went home and was waiting for her to text him because she always did but she didn't. He then tried to text her around 4:15 PM and it said that his text messages were not going through & being received. He called over and over and left a message. He was worried because she never would just turn her phone off like that.

Man, just typing that up was emotional. I could imagine how horrible and helpless you would feel if that happened to you. :(

Wow, 4:15? That narrows things down significantly!

If I were the perp, the FIRST thing I would do is seperate myself from the most difficult thing to conceal...the car.

If I were the perp, the FIRST thing I would do is seperate myself from the most difficult thing to conceal...the car.

I would not drive it more than I had to (transporting body etc.)

Just a suggestion but I think we should let Sillyputty answer one or two questions before we ask any them anymore about the car wash rumor.

I know. Can't u just imagine this situation. Her leaving the academy at 3, then her phone being off by 4:15? So, so sad. :cry:

So, if she left the Academy at 3:01..........and was at the car wash at about 4:00 (and I think we've determined that LE SHOULD have video), but JV's txt msgs weren't going through by 4:15............did something happen at the car wash? Was her phone turned off? I have been in a car wash and gotten txt msgs and calls on my phone! If the car was wet from the car wash and traveled down a gravel road soon after, the dust and dirt would stick and that would explain the water trails from the spoiler. Was the car wash a drug deal? Where did they go between the car wash and the boat launch, where her phone transmitted for the last time? Plus, was that last transmission a call for help?

Did I answer everyone's questions or was there anything else?

Mel, this one might be too bold, but ask JV his opinion of the "heaviest" drugs MC MAY have experimented with.

And MC (alive or not)! Two very obvious things that would be difficult to hide. My thought: two POIs. Especially within this narrow time frame (3-4 hrs.) One to ditch the car, one to ditch the body. Someone has got to fold and snitch!!

However...If only one POI, it was extremely premeditated and well planned. :waitasec:

Silly putty?? whatcha got?

So, if she left the Academy at 3:01..........and was at the car wash at about 4:00 (and I think we've determined that LE SHOULD have video), but JV's txt msgs weren't going through by 4:15............did something happen at the car wash? Was her phone turned off? I have been in a car wash and gotten txt msgs and calls on my phone! If the car was wet from the car wash and traveled down a gravel road soon after, the dust and dirt would stick and that would explain the water trails from the spoiler. Was the car wash a drug deal? Where did they go between the car wash and the boat launch, where her phone transmitted for the last time? Plus, was that last transmission a call for help?

And to add that MC was purported to be near/at the Riverfront Park boat ramp at around 3:40 PM, and the time frame gets even more filled in.

Reference: pufnstuf's timeline

:(

How did he know that text message did not go through?

IMO if the phone is off the sytem sends the text when the phone is turned back on.

Does anyone know how the car was towed? On a flat bed truck or hooked up to the front/back? That could explain a lot of things

On my Blackberry it indicates when a text goes through. Until then, I get what I call the "limbo clock." Sort of like the hourglass your get on Windows programs. KWIM?

Thanks Melissa! Where was JV when he texted MC at 3:40? or did he even text her then? TIA

I hope this image post works. Do you all remember awhile back when we were discussing a gray vehicle that was in the parking lot with someone in it? Does anyone know what kind of car this is? Do you think it could be the car in the parking lot?

I don't want to leave this up on here very long, so I am going to delete it shortly.

I belive that's a Nissan Altima (in comparison to goodled images). However, I think the car from the video was actually a hatchback from the looks of the higher backend. That's JMO, but here's an example of a black hatchback that I pulled off of google images:

hatchback.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member