WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then why would the perps drive all the way to CB and place MC's body at such a public place like CB?

There are dozens of secluded hidden spots between Rock Island Dam and CB which would be far better for disposing of a body.

It just doesn't make sense to launch a boat 5-miles up river and then ditch the body at CB.

Possibly just to cause complete chaos and confusion. Not much of this adds up if you ask me. Mostly because we don't know all the facts...but it's like we're trying to connect the dots on a map here.

Exactly. We know LE got warrants for MC's cell phone records. Therefore, either RC and/or WC refused to give consent to LE to obtain MC's cell phone records. ASSUMING it was WC who refused to give consent regarding MC's cell phone records, then why on earth would she consent to a search of the Spec house?

Not necessarily. Even with consent warrants may have been obtained based on probable cause, to prevent any possible defense team challenges down the road. I think they are dotting every i and crossing every t on this one. Taking absolutely NO chances.

I had asked this before, but it probably got lost in the shuffle.... does anyone know about the extended family of MC dad? I am thinking along the lines of the "family business in Chelan" and possibly some kind of inheritance? Maybe she was a "daddy's girl" and was getting special treatment because of that? What does everyone else have to say about this.............

A few of us have tried that angle but don't seem to get anywhere. It appears RC was very close to MC. That might create problems with a future step mother also............but there doesn't seem to be any evidence to support that theory whatsoever! Since she hasn't been named anywhere.........it's pretty much off limits, too, I believe? I don't even have any idea what initials are!

No. As you suspect, I am talking about "lost their stomach" -- as in to try to stop a body from bloating and rising to the surface of the water. greydiggity commented back in thread #3 he heard the suspect "lost their stomach" or some such, but we all know have rumors have a way of getting twisted quite a bit. So maybe it was the victim that lost their stomach?

How do you stop a body from bloating? Do I even want to know? :shutup:

Does anyone know if child support is given to the mom? I know for myself I share custody of my children with their dad but he still pays me support as he makes more then I do.

The answer is yes..but I would think that was going to come to an end when she turned 18 and/or moved out. Sounds like she already lived with Dad most of the time anyhow.

If Tarpiscan is the one that goes to the right and up the hill off of Malaga/Alcoa highway, no. The launch we're talking about is at the end of the paved highway, right where the last houses are.

Your boat launch looks to be just down stream from Rocky Reach Dam but before the Tarpiscan road. If there is still access to this launch, it would have been closer, more secluded and with more favorable current to float a body away(on more of an outside bend). I believe the residence at CB is key and not at all a random selection. I wonder...are there PUD cameras at all PUD boat launches? If so, cameras would certainly be a deterent for those particular river accesses.

This is a really good theory. Only problem I have is that MC would have turned 18 on April 1, 2010. At that point she would have been free to live anywhere she wanted anyway. I guess it could still upset WC depending on how she may have approached her with it though.

Now that I notice her birthday was coming inheritance could be a possible. Sounds like quite a few people around her were in over their head financially. I would think if she had some kind of settlement or something coming we would have heard?

Perhaps MC told WC that she decided to reside solely or mostly with her father when she turns 18 y.o. in 6-weeks (since she may be allowed to make that decision on her own at 18 y.o.).

I don't BELIEVE greed was the motive for this murder. But, that's just my own OPINION.

And..it was Applette senior night.

Hmmmmmmm. Seems like that would have been mentioned at some point in at least one of the WW articles! Maybe Dad just forgot? I wouldn't think MC would, though. :waitasec:

Possibly just to cause complete chaos and confusion. Not much of this adds up if you ask me. Mostly because we don't know all the facts...but it's like we're trying to connect the dots on a map here.

Plus..........you said it yourself, Del Rio! CB is dead this time of year! If someone dumped her not knowing the currents, how long do you think it would have taken for her body to surface and land on that beach? Or a little below it?

Your boat launch looks to be just down stream from Rocky Reach Dam but before the Tarpiscan road. If there is still access to this launch, it would have been closer, more secluded and with more favorable current to float a body away(on more of an outside bend). I believe the residence at CB is key and not at all a random selection. I wonder...are there PUD cameras at all PUD boat launches? If so, cameras would certainly be a deterent for those particular river accesses.

Just looked on Google earth and it is just a mile or so down Tarpiscan road, so the first poster was correct. In any case, it's accessible year round. I've been there all times of year to run the dogs on the beach. Didn't realize the highway became Tarpiscan so quickly.

It's right across the river from Columbia Siding road, and the turn off for the beach is directly after the last orchard on Tarpiscan.

Cold. Wonder if the spec house has a freezer in the garage?

I wouldn't think so. Nobody was living there, right? Just a fridge in the kitchen. Would it be cold enough out in the garage in February? Tarp with ice?
I can't even believe I'm asking these questions! Unless..........did the spec house have a walk in fridge with walk in freezer? You know.......those really big ones.

Or.......an old house with a cellar?

speculation

I wouldn't think so. Nobody was living there, right? Just a fridge in the kitchen. Would it be cold enough out in the garage in February? Tarp with ice?
I can't even believe I'm asking these questions! Unless..........did the spec house have a walk in fridge with walk in freezer? You know.......those really big ones.

Or.......an old house with a cellar?

speculation

A lot of new refrigerators have those freezer drawers at the bottom. With her height it would be hard... but if it was wide enough... maybe?

Not necessarily. Even with consent warrants may have been obtained based on probable cause, to prevent any possible defense team challenges down the road. I think they are dotting every i and crossing every t on this one. Taking absolutely NO chances.

I agree. In a murder case like this one, LE are not going to be lazy by going around the warrant requirement and risk losing a conviction(s). I'm pretty sure that Mr. Riesen is requiring a prosecuting attorney to pre-authorize all LE searches of homes or premises in this case.

Simply obtaining consent to search or using other exceptions to the warrant requirement to search and seize evidence could unnecessarily leave the door open for a defense motion to suppress evidence. I don't believe LE would take such a risk with a murder case like this one.

Just looked on Google earth and it is just a mile or so down Tarpiscan road, so the first poster was correct. In any case, it's accessible year round. I've been there all times of year to run the dogs on the beach. Didn't realize the highway became Tarpiscan so quickly.

It's right across the river from Columbia Siding road, and the turn off for the beach is directly after the last orchard on Tarpiscan.

Any dirt roads? Or railroad track crossings?????

Plus..........you said it yourself, Del Rio! CB is dead this time of year! If someone dumped her not knowing the currents, how long do you think it would have taken for her body to surface and land on that beach? Or a little below it?

If dumped at the "Tarpiscan launch," 2 or 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix