GUILTY WA - Man tried to abduct toddler from Eastern Washington park *Arrest*

It IS hard to run with a child that age. I was running a 5K charity race when my son was about that age. About a quarter mile from the finish line, my husband and son were at the sidelines. My son called and reached out to me and I took him. Oh, my gosh, I didn't think it would be that hard to run with him, but I didn't get very far before I had to walk.

One of many strange things about the story is "...Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19...." Why did the the man state his age? The siblings and nearby teens run after the man, and the man sets the child down? Then what happened? Did the witnesses ask how old he was? Did the man just blurt out "I'm 19"? Weird.

I read thru this thread so quickly because I was at work earlier today. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the perp was talking with the siblings and mentioned his age during that conversation - Then he grabbed the child and ran off. I could be wrong though - have no idea where I read it.

I read thru this thread so quickly because I was at work earlier today. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the perp was talking with the siblings and mentioned his age during that conversation - Then he grabbed the child and ran off. I could be wrong though - have no idea where I read it.

I read that too in an article somewhere... Let me see if I can dig it up... It said something to the effect of he was seen talking to another witness at the park and then to the two kids prior to grabbing the toddler out of the stroller, so he must have been chatting with them to gain trust right before... Perhaps he said he was 19 because he thought that age sounded more trustworthy and less threatening for some reason being more of a "youngster"..

I found this article which elaborates on the teen boys chasing him & more of what they have to say.. And yes it appears the man was chatting with them directly prior - http://www.krem.com/story/news/loca.../09/sprague-teens-praised-as-heroes/24674341/

On Monday, deputies with the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office said it did not appear the toddler's family knew the man who tried to snatch him. The toddler's older sister told authorities that they had been chatting with the man in a nearby park around noon on Sunday when he suddenly grabbed the boy and ran.

Oh! Just found this article that references how the parents feel about the babysitter!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...ter-snatching-2-year-old-boy-stroller-n320601

The boy's mother, Nicole Wright, told the station that she's "distraught" her son was nearly kidnapped. The family's babysitter is a trusted family friend, Wright added, although she isn't angry about the situation — just relieved her son is safe. "I'm glad he's here now. All day Sunday, I did not want to let him go," Wright said, adding, "It could have been so much worse."

This is so scary cause next time might not turn out so well. He wanted a child bad enough he tried to take one chances are he will be trying again at some point if not caught.
Hurts my heart. My son is 18 months. Whenever I read these stories he sleeps with me. Lol

Delicia's screams alerted Dorothy Giddings, who was working at her antique store downtown.

"I said there is something wrong," Giddings recalled Tuesday.

"Then this man busts out and runs across the street and he's got a baby and a little girl right behind him screaming," Giddings said. "The girl said, 'That man got my baby brother! That man got my baby brother!'"

Giddings said she realized what was happening and sent her grandson Andrew Crane, 15, and his friend Isaac Yow, 16, to chase the man.
As the older boys approached, the kidnapper put the child down in a vacant lot and fled, the sheriff's office said.

"He went around a corner and disappeared," Giddings said. "Somehow he disappeared from the face of the earth."

No vehicle was seen with the kidnapper, who is described by the sheriff's office as about 30 years old, 6-foot to 6-foot-2, with a thin build, brown hair and a mustache.

"We are leaning on somebody coming through town," which sits along Interstate 90, a major east-west artery, Magers said.
http://www.dailyastorian.com/hunt-o...ews-northwestfe205f321c4c4ac6a5258b34ae39da48

In the description it was noted he may have a puffy left cheek....it looks almost disfiguring in the photo to me. IMO he came from another town, in disguise to abduct a child. And he saw his chance.

Arrest!

Today, the Lincoln County Sheriff said an intense investigation led to the arrest of a 15-year-old town resident, who the siblings identified in a photo montage. The boy, who was not identified, was charged with kidnapping, second degree and booked into a juvenile facility.

15 year old???

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-15-arrested-attempted-kidnap-washington-boy/story?id=29568293

I REALLY hope that it was a stupid kid responding to a stupid dare or something.

A 15 year old won't spend much time for this. It scares me to think about that. FIFTEEN!!!!

I REALLY hope that it was a stupid kid responding to a stupid dare or something.

A 15 year old won't spend much time for this. It scares me to think about that. FIFTEEN!!!!

Since he is 15 his case could be forwarded to adult court. Even second degree kidnapping is a serious felony.

I am so glad he was caught.

I don't think it was a dare. It is unbelievable how many criminals are hitting right in the middle of broad daylight now. I guess they have become too lazy to get out and do their crimes at night like they use to do.

I want to know if they are going to find kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer at home. If that is there then it will help clear up the motive in this case.

IMO

Since he is 15 his case could be forwarded to adult court. Even second degree kidnapping is a serious felony.

I am so glad he was caught.

I don't think it was a dare. It is unbelievable how many criminals are hitting right in the middle of broad daylight now. I guess they have become too lazy to get out and do their crimes at night like they use to do.

I want to know if they are going to find kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer at home. If that is there then it will help clear up the motive in this case.

IMO

But is a person's first crime against a child, snatching them in the middle of a park during the day. It seems so brazen and...I just hope there isn't a history here of hurting other children. :(

I have all kinds of different things running through my mind right now, "could be this, could be that" "just exactly what was his thoughts in taking this child". "Was he getting this child for someone else"? Was he going to rape and kill this child?

I swear, we hear more and more of "teens and children" doing such vicious things. What the hell is wrong with our society?

Will be interesting to see what LE says what his intentions were.
Are they quite certain they have the right person.

15????? Sheesh.

I have all kinds of different things running through my mind right now, "could be this, could be that" "just exactly what was his thoughts in taking this child". "Was he getting this child for someone else"? Was he going to rape and kill this child?

I swear, we hear more and more of "teens and children" doing such vicious things. What the hell is wrong with our society?

Will be interesting to see what LE says what his intentions were.
Are they quite certain they have the right person.

15????? Sheesh.

BBM. I thought of that, too.

The suspect is only 15???? Why would a 15 yr old steal a 2 yr old? SCARY :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member