GUILTY WA - Man tried to abduct toddler from Eastern Washington park *Arrest*

I don't know much about how CPS could/should be involved but it raises questions for me if he has siblings --or young cousins-shouldn't there be ''some investigation into his family''? -- I don't mean to sound ''mean'' but what else could this person have done to others?? MOO

IIRC there was a statement in one of the videos I posted that referred to this young man living with his grandparents who had tried to help him. I believe there were some references to high functioning autism (as opposed to the lower functioning autistic child involved in the previous attempted luring event). I am sure that there are very few services in this little town. They might have some in home programs or in school programs (ie: therapy, behaviorists, etc) but probably very limited resources (ie: 30 day family therapy).

I am happy that no child was harmed in these 2 reported incidents.

Report of a 3rd child this young man alleged attempted to lure from the park previously:

"Audrey Lynn told KHQ's Gabe Cohen in an exclusive interview that she left her two grandchildren playing in City Park for 15 minutes in October, and when she returned she found her 5-year-old grandson in the arms of the 15-year-old now facing second degree kidnapping charges"

http://www.khq.com/story/28534571/third-sprague-family-claims-15-year-old-lured-child

ETA: if true these reports tend to show a pattern of behavior with this particular individual. MOO

So this 15 yr old was 6ft tall...with fake mustache and glasses. ..in a town of 500. What an awkward sight to see this perp trying
to run with a toddler. The heroes seemed to realize right away that he was 15..vs the older age he told in the park. Why did the town? say right away that the perp wasn't from there? How many 6ft 15 yr olds in this town. Very bizarre event. Did the glasses and mustache have the plastic nose attached too....:jester:

Maybe his grandparents will shed light on why he takes children. Or tries to.

I would think if it were a benign reason, he would not be facing kidnapping charges with LE pressing to charge him as an adult.

IIRC there was a statement in one of the videos I posted that referred to this young man living with his grandparents who had tried to help him. I believe there were some references to high functioning autism (as opposed to the lower functioning autistic child involved in the previous attempted luring event). I am sure that there are very few services in this little town. They might have some in home programs or in school programs (ie: therapy, behaviorists, etc) but probably very limited resources (ie: 30 day family therapy).

I am happy that no child was harmed in these 2 reported incidents.

I know someone that sits with an Autistic Young man, who lives on his "own" with 24 hour house sitters. He is never left alone. There are 2 people with him at all times. He is considered a runner, and when he feels threaten (what he perceives) he has episodes. Recently he had one, and the police, house manager, became involved. This young man is 19. His favorite thing is watching Disney movies and going to the pet store, Dairy Queen and a couple of other places.
I'm not sure where his family is, I have never asked, not my place to. Just hearing what this young man goes through, and how much "attention" that is given to his over-all well being and the safety to him, the caregivers, and others is quite remarkable.
The place that takes care of him is not a "government entity". However I'm sure the gov't pays for his services through disability.
It's a community base option place.
It sure sounds like this 15 year old needs a lot of help and depending on the age and the well being of his grandparents, it sounds like they can't give him the help he needs.
This is so sad and yet so scary at the same time.

June 2015
The 15-year-old accused of grabbing a toddler from a park in Sprague earlier this year pled guilty Wednesday to a charge of second-degree kidnapping.

(...)

Lincoln County Deputy Prosecutor Melvin Hoit argued there were aggravating circumstances that justified an exceptional sentence of 56-70 weeks in juvenile detention instead of the standard range of 15-36 weeks. The boy was tried as a juvenile and The Spokesman-Review does not typically name juvenile suspects.

Lincoln County Judge John Strohmaier imposed the sentence requested by Hoit. The teenager will get credit for the nearly 14 weeks he already has been in jail and will be required to register for the state’s sex offenders and kidnappers registry.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/24/teen-pleads-guilty-sprague-toddler-kidnapping-case/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back