GUILTY WA - Man tried to abduct toddler from Eastern Washington park *Arrest*

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-15-arrested-attempted-kidnap-washington-boy/story?id=29568293

Thank God they found this perp and got him off the streets. People in this community will feel safer and sleep better tonight.

They may sleep better tonight, but what about in a few months or years? If he's charged as a juvenile, he likely won't serve much time and his record will be expunged or sealed. So he grows up, moves to a new town, and a child goes missing .... this guy won't be on anyone's radar.

I really wish he'd have to at least wear a tracking device for the rest of his life (I know that's not a possibility). I have a strong feeling that if he had successfully gotten away with this young child, that it would not have ended well.

omg...what happened in this young adult's life would take him to this moment? God help our babies

The message is clear and ever so present, you just can't take your eyes off your children. Times have so changed. I could play with a certain amount of freedom as a child. Internet, for all the good it has done has also brought out another type of sick element.

I'm still having a really hard time wrapping my brain around the man in that image being a 15 yr old... Has identity been verified at all? Or not because of being a juvenile? If the person in that image really is 15, what was their motive?! So difficult for some reason for me to believe that person is 15... This is so weird.

I'm still having a really hard time wrapping my brain around the man in that image being a 15 yr old... Has identity been verified at all? Or not because of being a juvenile? If the person in that image really is 15, what was their motive?! So difficult for some reason for me to believe that person is 15... This is so weird.

As far as I can tell, he is not being identified. I'm a bit confused if he is 15. The town is only 500 people and the two boys who ran after him were about the same age (16 and 15), so how could they not know him?

As far as I can tell, he is not being identified. I'm a bit confused if he is 15. The town is only 500 people and the two boys who ran after him were about the same age (16 and 15), so how could they not know him?

Right! This is just BIZARRE. The watched-too-much-x-files part of my brain is feeling strongly that something is being covered up here.... Lol

When the 2 teens who chased the kidnapper were interviewed at the following link, they said the suspect is a classmate:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-15-arrested-attempted-kidnap-washington-boy/story?id=29568293

They didn't recognize him at the time, though... probably because he was wearing a disguise. The one teen says he saw the suspect later walking down the street, but didn't think anything of it because the guy was acting normal. He did say he has had problems with the suspect off and on since he's lived in the town. The suspect sounds very mentally unstable. So glad he was caught.

Arrest!

Today, the Lincoln County Sheriff said an intense investigation led to the arrest of a 15-year-old town resident, who the siblings identified in a photo montage. The boy, who was not identified, was charged with kidnapping, second degree and booked into a juvenile facility.

15 year old???

I am VERY troubled about this case. The rage I felt watching him run off with the baby was intense. But it appears they have charged him as a juvenile. Why? He actually used a disguise which means he carefully planned this.

No one can tell me this was a prank. I believe he intended to, at the least, molest the child.

Even if he had been charged as an adult, if he wasn't charged with second degree with the intent to commit a sexual offense, then he would've faced at max 8 years. (20, if they added the intent part).

I'm disappointed in WA. They have a horrible track record of charging and sentencing sex offenders. In fact, wasn't the Groene family murder incarcerated there?

Dylan Wohlenhaus (@DylanWohlenhaus) tweeted - 12 Mar 15:

We have confirmed identity of the 15yr old teen arrested for the near child abduction in Sprague Sunday. Still not known if charged as adult (https://twitter.com/DylanWohlenhaus/status/576097632059179008?s=17)

Why does he not divulge it then? "We have confirmed the identity, but nah nah nah, we're not teeeellllliiinnng!!"

Also, his other tweets indicate it is unlikely the teen will be charged as an adult. However, it appears from a link I
found that if they were going to charge him as an adult then instead of filing charges in juvenile court they file a motion to seek leave to file in adult court:
[h=3]Being Charged as an Adult[/h]Instead of filing charges in the WA State Juvenile Court System, a prosecutor can file a motion for a Decline Hearing. At this hearing, the prosecutor will argue that the case should be transferred to adult court, due to the seriousness of the charges.

The defense attorney will present arguments to keep the case in the Juvenile Court system, where the penalties are less severe. The judge will then make a determination that is based on:

• The seriousness of the crime (violent crimes and sex crimes are considered the most serious)
  • The criminal history of the juvenile
  • The age of the juvenile defendant (minors who have reached the age of 16 are more likely to be tried as an adult)
http://seattlejuveniledefender.com/juvenile-process/
So I'm confused!

I just read from your link....
If he has special needs, then why hasn't someone put him where he needed to be to get the help. Where the heck were the people in authority to see that he got this help. No where in the article does it say that he got help.
His family has no comment? Why didn't they get him the help.
This is just so frightening.

Exactly. Special needs does not mean a person can't be a danger to society.

Teen who helped chase down 15-year-old kidnapper who ran off with a toddler says the boy was his classmate disguised in a FAKE MUSTACHE and glasses

Washington teen Andrew Crain, 15, and his friend Isaac Yow, 16, helped save the 22-month-old toddler as their fellow teen ran off with her

Crain didn't realize it at the time, but the still unnamed culprit was his classmate in a bizarre disguise

The minor has not been identified but the tiny town of Sprague is now breathing a sigh of relief the alleged kidnapper has been arrested

It was revealed Thursday that the 15-year-old had previously been investigated a year ago for allegedly trying to lure a minor

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ised-FAKE-MUSTACHE-glasses.html#ixzz3UE0I1oVD

Barrus says the teen's family "tried to get help for him," and the 15-year-old arrested has "special needs" issues.

"I don't want him to be vilified," Barrus says. "He needs help."

So, he's tried to do this before it seems casually, then he does it again dressed up in a full on disguise and almost gets away with it... Special needs or not he still seems to be bright enough to pre-meditate this plan. Charging him as a juvi, that will mean he will most likely be released in a shorter amount of time? I don't know much about how that system works in comparison to adult.. Ugh, I just have a really bad feeling if he gets released about what his next plan will be and him fully carrying something really bad to fruition. Bad bad feeling.

I don't know much about how CPS could/should be involved but it raises questions for me if he has siblings --or young cousins-shouldn't there be ''some investigation into his family''? -- I don't mean to sound ''mean'' but what else could this person have done to others?? MOO

I wonder how many other times he's tried to kidnap a child? A disguise? No wonder the description was so far off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back