WA WA - Misty Copsey, 14, Tacoma, 17 Sept 1992

Bump for Misty. Everything that I read about this case just makes me so, so angry at the way the investigation has been handled. Poor Misty, and her poor mother!

Thank you for bumping this. I think of Misty's case often.

Puyallup police are asking the public for photos taken at the 1992 Fair in a search for clues in this case: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022546503_photoswantedxml.html

I was so surprised to see this article today! After all these years....now they are asking for public help, I wonder if something new in the case came up and they are looking for evidence or something. Photos and video all the way from 1992, wow I sure hope some people send anything in. I personally think she was picked up and taken by someone she knew and is probably deceased.

Wasn't there red paint chips found on Misty's pants? If so, I wonder if they ever tested it against paint chips found around from where Gary Leon Ridgeway/The Green River Killer's crime scenes occurred.

I have not seen Jack Mccullough brought up in this thread, so here goes. Jack Mccullough is currently serving prison time for the 1957 rape and murder of 7 year old Maria Ridulph. Although this crime was committed in Illinois, JM has lived in the seattle area for atleast 30 years or more. This was a cold case that was solved in 2011 and JM was given a life sentence in 2012. In the 80's jm worked as a cop in the cities of Milton, WA and Lacey, WA. In 1984 he was charged in the sexual assault of a teenager. Milton is only 7 miles away from Puyallup. Can someone please forward this info to the proper authorities. They may already know this but I figured I would bring it up here just in case. Here is a link to where i got most of my information from:

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011...d-how-cops-finally-found-jack-mccullough.html

Wasn't there red paint chips found on Misty's pants? If so, I wonder if they ever tested it against paint chips found around from where Gary Leon Ridgeway/The Green River Killer's crime scenes occurred.

In that multiple part article posted up thread, they tested the paint to see if it was connected to GR and it wasn't. I believe the two girls found in the area where Misty's pants were, were also determined not to be related to GR.

Bump for Misty. Just reading about this case now and hoping to find any updates.

Misty's new age-progression to age 35 (she is currently 35).

NCMC774514e1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/774514/1#poster

I have not seen Jack Mccullough brought up in this thread, so here goes. Jack Mccullough is currently serving prison time for the 1957 rape and murder of 7 year old Maria Ridulph. Although this crime was committed in Illinois, JM has lived in the seattle area for atleast 30 years or more. This was a cold case that was solved in 2011 and JM was given a life sentence in 2012. In the 80's jm worked as a cop in the cities of Milton, WA and Lacey, WA. In 1984 he was charged in the sexual assault of a teenager. Milton is only 7 miles away from Puyallup. Can someone please forward this info to the proper authorities. They may already know this but I figured I would bring it up here just in case. Here is a link to where i got most of my information from:

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011...d-how-cops-finally-found-jack-mccullough.html

Hi Josephus - On Misty's missing poster is asks that anyone with info should contact the Pullayup Police Department (Washington)-1-253-841-5415 or 1-253-841-5538.

I was just pointing out that it's not bad to suspect a carnie. Then again, we have bad preachers, teachers, bishops..... it takes all kinds.

I am a Carny. I started travelling when I was 15 and traveled within my home state of Florida on and off from 16 til 20, than at age 20 I came out to California to work for some shows out here (Shows=Carnival), I was a ride jock for 10 years (ride jock=work rides) but now at age 26, and for the last 4 years, have been a ticket seller (I sit in a ticket box and sell ride tickets/wristbands) and my hubby is from california and we met 5 years ago in the carnival, he works the Giant Ferris Wheel (he is 27, has been a carny for 9 years)

We work for Butler Amusements, a large carnival that does the California state fair, Idaho state fair, and other large carnivals/county fairs.

I have worked for about 25 different shows, from very large ones to ones that owned maybe 15 rides at most.

For the most part, Carnies are not bad people and we usually look out/take care of each other. There CAN be some "bad" people here, just like anywhere else in life, but a lot of them tend to be ran off the lot. Most carnies actually take pride in their jobs, contrary to what the general public believes.

Just wanted to add my two cents on the carnival worker subject, as someone with... "Inside knowledge"...lol.

Hi Josephus - On Misty's missing poster is asks that anyone with info should contact the Pullayup Police Department (Washington)-1-253-841-5415 or 1-253-841-5538.

I really do think some form of LE reads these threads, so i don't think it's necessary to call them. But if they don't read these threads then i was hoping someone local to the area would give the tip. The reason is because i have the impression that LE would like tips from locals close to the case, rather than arm chair sleuths from hundreds of miles away..:blushing:..but like i said before i really do think they know about this. It would just be nice for us websleuthers if someone could confirm they know this and whether he can be ruled in or ruled out as a suspect.

:bump: for Misty.

I hope someone sent in Josephus' suspicions over the last few months since there's been a post here, or Josephus did themselves (LE don't mind you sending in tips btw, that's how they work). I actually came across Misty's case reading about Maria Ridulph on here, but I don't know if they are related. This Jack McCullough/John Tessier character is interesting, although I don't believe he's responsible for Misty's disappearance, but it's good to have him there so he can be ruled out or ruled in.

I feel like it might be this Schmidt guy. I don't like how he talks about blacking out and not remembering aspects of the night Misty disappeared and how he has said he knows where she's buried. He knows something.

As for Bober, I think he's an over enthusiastic and obsessive fan and feel he is pretty harmless overall. He had nothing to do with Misty's disappearance.

I feel sorry for Misty and the people who cared about her. The LE really botched this investigation and the thing I don't get is, they had forensic evidence available to them that isn't usually available to them in a lot of missing people's cases, so this could've been very solvable! But the LE was just lazy! How sad!

Misty has been missing 23 years as of last month. I hope someday we will have the answers.

I don't want to give them my email address... Anyone braver than I want to give updates?

Apparently the writer of this paper is the one who is related to him, I attempted to get information. No responses... I sure hope ALL information was given to LE and not just written down on paper!

Mother fights to find daughter she last saw almost 25 years ago
They are the crimes committed by those who have yet to see justice.

They’re murders, disappearances investigated for years where one tip could be all it takes to put someone behind bars.

This December, KOMO News took a closer look into a Puyallup cold case that deserves a second look, where a mother's fighting to find her daughter she last saw almost 25 years ago.

“I just picture her being herself, having a good time, yelling and screaming,” sighed Diana Smith as she stood outside the Puyallup State Fair.

By all accounts, that's how the night of September 17th, 1992 began for Misty Copsey, a trip to the fair with a girlfriend after talking her mom Diana, into a ride.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back