WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

i read that they had cut off family. which is what tweekers tend to do when they are using.
That's totally possible HOWEVER if my Grandchildren's safety was a concern, they couldn't have stopped me. If the family knew they were using again then shame on them for not calling the authorities. This is an extremely small town and people talk. I can't imagine the family didn't know they were using again. If they couldn't get to the kids to check on them, all they had to do was make a phone call. Unless they did and nobody checked on them...that wouldn't surprise me either. The former foster parents contacted DCYF in January and November and were ignored. So, who's to say others didn't try.

That's totally possible HOWEVER if my Grandchildren's safety was a concern, they couldn't have stopped me. If the family knew they were using again then shame on them for not calling the authorities. This is an extremely small town and people talk. I can't imagine the family didn't know they were using again. If they couldn't get to the kids to check on them, all they had to do was make a phone call. Unless they did and nobody checked on them...that wouldn't surprise me either. The former foster parents contacted DCYF in January and November and were ignored. So, who's to say others didn't try.
I'm pretty sure any calls would have been ignored. Just like the ones made in January,and November. CPS could put out Calendar January through December covering ignored calls I bet. MOO

The latest... not much new except they do not believe she is alive and parents could still face manslaughter or murder charges if she isn't found.

Undersheriff: Missing 5-year-old's sister said Oakley is 'no longer around' (q13fox.com)
I'm happy to see they will face charges no matter what. Poor siblings, we see this frequently. They are able to articulate what was happening to their abused sibling :(

Was family local? Did they ever check in on the kids? Just curious.

I'm happy to see they will face charges no matter what. Poor siblings, we see this frequently. They are able to articulate what was happening to their abused sibling :(

Was family local? Did they ever check in on the kids? Just curious.

The word "could" BBM. That doesn't mean they absolutely will. Immediate family had not seen her in a year.

"Johansson said that even if Oakley is not found at all, the parents could still face manslaughter or murder charges, but that would be up to the prosecutor's office."

The word "could" BBM. That doesn't mean they absolutely will. Immediate family had not seen her in a year.

"Johansson said that even if Oakley is not found at all, the parents could still face manslaughter or murder charges, but that would be up to the prosecutor's office."
Oh thanks for correcting me.

Meanwhile, the Oakville School District is hoping Oakley will be found alive and praising the principal of a local elementary school who called attention to the girl's disappearance.

Court documents show the principal alerted authorities she was concerned for Oakley's wellbeing after speaking with a sibling, who told her "Oakley is no more."

"We followed protocols we would do in any case like this," said Oakville School District Superintendent Rich Staley. "The staff member who identified this made the proper reports at the proper time and got the right people involved and now we're looking into something that hopefully has a good resolution."
Search for missing Oakville 5-year-old Oakley Carlson continues | king5.com

I didn't realize it was the school principal who requested a wellness check. Sorry if this has been posted previously.

Meanwhile, the Oakville School District is hoping Oakley will be found alive and praising the principal of a local elementary school who called attention to the girl's disappearance.

Court documents show the principal alerted authorities she was concerned for Oakley's wellbeing after speaking with a sibling, who told her "Oakley is no more."

"We followed protocols we would do in any case like this," said Oakville School District Superintendent Rich Staley. "The staff member who identified this made the proper reports at the proper time and got the right people involved and now we're looking into something that hopefully has a good resolution."
Search for missing Oakville 5-year-old Oakley Carlson continues | king5.com

I didn't realize it was the school principal who requested a wellness check. Sorry if this has been posted previously.

it’s been mentioned, but I appreciate every new link because we find out something new sometimes. There was apparently a house fire mid November that they did not alert the fire dept “because they couldn’t find their phones” the school and fire dept has been involved in resources w the family after the fire and the principal noticed Oakley’s absence and asked the sister when she slept over w her daughter.

Last edited:
Somehow I missed that it was 15 months. 15 months!!!
t1948.gif

New charges filed against parents of missing Grays Harbor County girl – KIRO 7
The Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that neither Carlson or Bowers gave Oakley’s older 6-year-old sister her medicine for nearly 15 months, the result of which could have killed her.

Documents Shed New Light on Suspicion Surrounding Missing Oakville Girl's Jailed Parents | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
A fire investigator searched the residence and confirmed there had been a fire, but advised detectives he believed it had started from the microwave on the kitchen counter — not from the couch, as Bowers and Carlson had claimed.

Wow, guys.

First, I want to say that these 2 "parents" are likely horrible people who harmed their own child. I want to clarify that I am not standing up for these 2 particular people in any way, and I don't agree with children living in a home with parents who are addicted. I know first hand just how harmful that can be. Little Oakley has stolen my heart, she has the face of an angel, and I wish more than anything she'd come home safe.

Something that really bothers me, as a person with multiple close family members & friends who struggle with addiction, is the absolute viciousness of people who do not understand it. These two people do not deserve our sympathy. But people online are saying things about ALL addicted people, like, "Druggies should be spayed and neutered!", "If an addict gets their kids taken away they should have to sign off rights immediately!", and things like that... it shows a distinct lack of understanding for addiction, which is a massive issue in our society. That lack of understanding is a huge part of why addiction is an epidemic in America. These are the kinds of attitudes that people trying to hide their struggle with drug use will see and decide to let their problems remain a secret instead of getting help.

The public shaming, misunderstanding, hatefulness towards something that is proven to be a disease makes the disease even worse. Lumping all drug users into one category of "horrible" is both cruel and untrue, as well. I would also like to point out that, statistically/more than likely, there are parents surfing here on Websleuths who lost their kids to drug overdoses or the like, and they have to come across comments like this that dehumanize people like their kid. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

The immense stigma and lack of general understanding often makes people feel too ashamed to get the help they need. The language used truly matters. My dad was so ashamed about the judgment he felt over his alcoholism. He felt like people stopped seeing him as him, and saw him only as his worst problems. This made his crippling social anxiety even worse, which made him drink even more.

My heart is broken, because he just died from liver failure in September. It killed me when I would hear the sorts of awful things people said about/to him, all because he could not stop drinking. And he had such a beautiful heart. Addiction does not discriminate by one's race, career, relationships, class, education, motherhood or fatherhood.

Good people get mixed up in drugs just as much as bad people do, I've seen it with my own two eyes. It's like we as a society forget entirely, or perhaps just do not realize, that drug use often stems from overwhelming trauma, childhood abuse, or mental illness issues. People being demonized for trying to numb pain that they can't cope with breaks my heart to see.

Love-and-compassion-are-necessities-not-luxuries.-Without-them-humanity-cannot-survive.-Dalai-Lama.jpg

Here are some good links to learn more about how people with addictions are people just the same and need our help and compassion, not our judgment
Again, I want to reiterate that this way of talking about addiction is harmful in general. I am NOT standing up for these two people; they have officially failed as parents and have caused their surviving kiddos a lifetime of pain. They deserve life in prison at the very least IMO.

Aren't people basically saying the same thing you are in your last paragraph? That there should be accountability?

Btw, once an addict becomes a criminal I do not care about poor poor them. No one cares about victims anymore. Its about the poor poor criminal.

Moo.

All the active addicts though are neglectful parents, due of the very nature of addiction. The potential of abuse is not the only reason the children should not be handed to the addicted parents.

Thank you. I don't get the naivete regarding addicts. For one thing, how do people think they are supporting their habit? Smh.

Moo.

That makes a lot of sense

Oakville community holds vigil for missing 5-year-old girl

Jamie Jo read Oakley’s favorite bedtime story at the vigil, "I've Loved You Since Forever" by Hoda Kotb.

"There are pictures of a mom and a baby on every page. We would read it, and we would say that’s me and that’s you, and so when you look through it there’s a baby bee and a mama bee and at the very end there was a lady holding a baby, and she always said that’s me and that’s you mama," said Jamie Jo.

About a hundred people showed up for the candlelight vigil. Some who are connected to Oakley through her birth parents, and others who have grown to know and love the girl through her previous foster parents.

Holly Harp - relative of Hiles

"My girls would play with her, and she would come over all the time, and we would do family functions. Lots of fun with Oakley," said Holly Harp, sister-in-law of Jamie Jo. "It’s hard as a human not to think the worst, but we have to have hope. We just have to have hope that she’s out there somewhere

Jordan must have done some of the work required to get Oakley back. Oakley knew who she was from supervised visits but she thought of Jaime Jo as mom. One can only imagine Jordan’s wrath toward Oakley might have been due to her missing her foster mom, the only real mom, that Oakley has ever known. They neglected to give their other daughter essential medicine but the siblings mentioned mom’s anger was directed towards Oakley.

it’s been mentioned, but I appreciate every new link because we find out something new sometimes. There was apparently a house fire mid November that they did not alert the fire dept “because they couldn’t find their phones” the school and fire dept has been involved in resources w the family after the fire and the principal noticed Oakley’s absence and asked the sister when she slept over w her daughter.

I’ve seen a couple of mentions of the school noticing Oakley’s absence as if it were a recent thing. The timeline is puzzling. Did she ask after Oakley at the sleepover after not having seen her since January? In which case one child at the school and not the other for a year? Makes more sense that they haven’t seen her since November. This is confusing

‘Oakley is no more’ — siblings suggest the worst of missing Grays Harbor girl, court documents say

Search crews continued combing through roughly 312 acres of one Oakville home on Friday looking for any sign of 5-year-old Oakley Carlson.

“If there’s burn piles, we’re going through the burn piles, if there’s any fresh dirt, were’ looking in fresh dirt, any crawl spaces, enclosed spaces. We’re checking everything we can possibly do,” said Undersheriff Brad Johansson with the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office.

Court documents say that Oakley’s grandparents last saw her in December 2020.

“Oakley had dark circles under her eyes, pale skin, and she had scratches or sores on her face,” said her grandmother, in an interview with detectives.

Officials said the last place Oakley was seen was at her Oakville home.

I’ve seen a couple of mentions of the school noticing Oakley’s absence as if it were a recent thing. The timeline is puzzling. Did she ask after Oakley at the sleepover after not having seen her since January? In which case one child at the school and not the other for a year? Makes more sense that they haven’t seen her since November. This is confusing

Documents Shed New Light on Suspicion Surrounding Missing Oakville Girl's Jailed Parents: Parents of Missing Oakville Child Held on New Charge; Girl Not Seen Since January

Law enforcement later confirmed there was a fire reported at the Carlsons’ residence just before 5 p.m. on Nov. 6. Carlson had told dispatchers his 4-year-old (Oakley’s age at the time) had lit the couch on fire with a cigarette lighter and said he had put the fire out himself.

She was still 4 on Nov. 6 so she would not have been in kindergarten yet. Preschool is optional. Not all districts offer general education preschool. Most districts do have to offer a developmental preschool. It sounds like the principal began asking about Oakley after the fire. The principal was helping the family after the fire and her daughter and Oakley’s sister were friends so that might be how she knew about Oakley.

‘Oakley is no more’ — siblings suggest the worst of missing Grays Harbor girl, court documents say

Search crews continued combing through roughly 312 acres of one Oakville home on Friday looking for any sign of 5-year-old Oakley Carlson.

“If there’s burn piles, we’re going through the burn piles, if there’s any fresh dirt, were’ looking in fresh dirt, any crawl spaces, enclosed spaces. We’re checking everything we can possibly do,” said Undersheriff Brad Johansson with the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office.

Court documents say that Oakley’s grandparents last saw her in December 2020.

“Oakley had dark circles under her eyes, pale skin, and she had scratches or sores on her face,” said her grandmother, in an interview with detectives.

Officials said the last place Oakley was seen was at her Oakville home.

BBM This is so incredibly sad.

It sounds like she was very abused and neglected and possibly starved (I say that due to the sister saying she worried about her starving).

I did read that the Grandparents called CPS in Dec and the parents were mad and stopped them from having contact at that time. So, it's sounding more and more like the system failed Oakley in every way imaginable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back