WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, this is incorrect. I have a Facebook page & when you sign up for an application, it asks for authorizations to do automatic posts. I have been on vacation for the past seven days & my horoscope posted every day.

I agree my friends daughter has her horoscope played daily on FB...

"In the midst of darkness... light persists......" Taken from Shantina's MySpace profile, the quote she chose as her insignia. http://www.myspace.com/neiko_82 Easter Wishes and Prayers for Shantina, Azriel, and their families and loved ones, that there may be resolution in this case.

Workers said she appeared to have trouble staying awake and she fell in the parking lot.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22881089/detail.html

Hadn't seen she had trouble staying awake.
Thanks for this. I had not heard it termed as "trouble staying awake" before anywhere, either. I had also not seen that a child had first discovered Azriel, or that a tee shirt was wrapped around his head. Very sad details, I suppose it was the water which caused it. Sad/:(

Thank you so much for posting that! I missed it. That's a symptom of a concussion. "Mom hit her head".

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/concussion

I wonder if she hit her head on the seat belt thingy when she went over the bump? I don't believe that would cause a concussion, but she could have said owe and her son might have asked what happened. Oh -- nothing I just hit my head. Just speculating.

Thank you so much for posting that! I missed it. That's a symptom of a concussion. "Mom hit her head".

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/concussion

Robb indicated that in her call to him at 6:45, she complained of the traffic. In her phone call to her grandfather, she said something about an accident; perhaps she wasn't referring to her being in an accident, but one she encountered along the way. Maybe she had to make a hard stop and whacked her head on the wheel. Or she may have hit her head while loading the van (when I had a hatchback wagon, I was forever smacking my head on the damn thing).

Does Rob know where she was when she called to say she was stopping to feed AZ? If she left Silverdale as the 4:30 phone call implied she should have been almost to her destination as Google maps had the drive time being 2 hrs 7 minutes. What did she call him "with" when she was going to "she'd be pulling off I-5 to get some food."

Why would she call asking him to bring her phone when he said he was leaving straight from training and was meeting her on on the road...

I think she left closer to 5 pm and stopped somewhere and called Robb at 6:45 pm. That would have been close to the right amount of time it would have taken her to get from her home in Silverdale to the Handy Pantry in Oly. This is what Robb wrote on his website: I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at. She was in the Olympia area, but wasn’t quite sure of where, Azriel was hungry, so she pulled off. She made complaint of being in the traffic. She gave me the destination address and told me she would be there shortly.

I think Shantina thought Robb would be getting home from his scout training around that time (6:45) so she called him - but he got out early and was already on the road, in fact he was actually ahead of her. He was about 15 mins or so from Castle Rock. I am not aware of him telling her he was leaving straight from training.

But now I am wondering where the part comes in about him asking her to bring his cell phone charger. Does anyone have the source of that info?

I think she left closer to 5 pm and stopped somewhere and called Robb at 6:45 pm. That would have been close to the right amount of time it would have taken her to get from her home in Silverdale to the Handy Pantry in Oly. This is what Robb wrote on his website: I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at. She was in the Olympia area, but wasn’t quite sure of where, Azriel was hungry, so she pulled off. She made complaint of being in the traffic. She gave me the destination address and told me she would be there shortly.

I think Shantina thought Robb would be getting home from his scout training around that time (6:45) so she called him - but he got out early and was already on the road, in fact he was actually ahead of her. He was about 15 mins or so from Castle Rock. I am not aware of him telling her he was leaving straight from training.

But now I am wondering where the part comes in about him asking her to bring his cell phone charger. Does anyone have the source of that info?

From Robb himself.

"As many of you may have heard, my Fiancé’ Shantina “Kat” Smiley and her son Azriel James Carver are currently missing, in the Olympia Area.

The past 36 hours have been nerve racking, and full of fear pain and sorrow. I just want my Fiancé’ and Azriel back home . I want to marry her, and spend the rest of my days by her side.

The media has been putting out mixed stories.

I am keeping updates via my facebook page, search for Robb Simmons. I have posted a lot of pictures of Shantina & Azriel

After several years, Shantina had made contact with her Step Father in Castle Rock. We had planned to go down and visit them.

I had Cub Scout Training that was planned to finish at 6:30

Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out. I asked her grab my phone charger, since my phone was near dead.

My training wrapped up at 4:30, I figured that she was already on the road heading to Castle Rock, so I proceeds to Castle Rock as well

I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at. She was in the Olympia area, but wasn’t quite sure of where, Azriel was hungry, so she pulled off. She made complaint of being in the traffic. She gave me the destination address and told me she would be there shortly.

I arrived in Castle Rock around 7:40, and found her Step Father’s house. We started to get worried about 9:00pm, I began to check in with the WSP about accidents. Her step father and I drove around the area to see if we could spot her. I called her Grandparents house in Brinnon with her Step fathers phone. They had informed met hat she had stopped at a house in Olympia around 10:10, to use the phone, and ask for directions, and let them know she was ok. We went back to the Step Fathers home until 12:00 when we headed up I-5 to Olympia, we checked the two rest stops on the way back. We got a few hours sleeps, headed back up I-5 at day break, got a phone charger, recharged my phone, and went back up to Olympia and back to Castle Rock. During this time I was in vigilant contact with the authorities for any information.

We went to get a bit to eat, when I received a phone call from the Thurston County Sheriff’s office. The had found the Van. In a follow up call, they informed me that they had to pull it out of the bay at the end of a dead end road. I immediately headed up there and say the van. As many of you know, I usually have a camera on hand, besides being waterlogged, the van did have some damage, but no broken windows. There was no sign of Shantina or Azriel.

I spent about 6 hours on the location talking to the detectives. I left there around 5:30, and had to make numerous stops to field phone calls from numerous sources, including the media. I stopped at my childrens mother house to sit with them around 8:00pm

Last night they brought blood hounds over, and took scent item.

I have no idea of why she would have ended up down that road. I know that our family want both her and Azriel back home safe and sound.

Please pray for their safe return. I already talked with Azriel’s Father in New York. That is a hard call to make."

Thanks Calliope! I forgot that was where I saw it. So she may very well have packed his charger and it is in the over night bag that is still missing.

Did Robb, the media, or LE ever say if Shantina and Robb were planning on staying overnight at her step-dad's house? Or were they staying somewhere else in Castle Rock?

The following suggests she may have not been planning on staying at her step-dad's house:

Attachments

• Shantina fb.JPG
    Shantina fb.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 66
Did Robb, the media, or LE ever say if Shantina and Robb were planning on staying overnight at her step-dad's house? Or were they staying somewhere else in Castle Rock?

The following suggests she may have not been planning on staying at her step-dad's house:

Interesting. She obviously wasn't planning to stay at step-father's.

This is the post I had been trying to say previously. You will also note that it is almost as if she is trying to cover for herself. CK implies that she wasn't coming and could therefore go shopping. SS then states that her and Azriel will be there. If you then notice the evening that she disappears -- CK did indeed go shopping and didn't post anything about them being missing until a few days later. Odd IMO

I just went back through her FB and that post has been deleted!

I also recall she was to have spent the first night at the step sister's. Girl talk and getting reaquainted. I did not get the impression that included RS as spending the night there too. Now he may SAY we were planning a trip down. But, the facts he gives refutes this when he did not know the address and only found it out at 6:45 when he was already in Olympia outskirts. I would think if he was intended to go from the start he would ALREADY have known the "destination address".

Personally, I do not believe that she had ever intended on visiting her former step parent. Why after this long and his having remarried? She did not choose to when she was right there two weeks prior. I believe that it was a ploy and a cover story for her intentions of where she was planning to go.

As far as hitting her head. I think she may have bumped it when she hit the curb also. Usually, it will rock you into the side window. But, it is nothing serious leading to a concussion. Ditto the small scuff mark down the side of the van. Not a serious accident.

So it is well populated around much of the shoreline with waterfront property? I do not think they have found a body because she is very much alive. For now.

So it is well populated around much of the shoreline with waterfront property?

With few exceptions, yes it is populated. Or they are public "beaches."

If she washed up, she'd have been found by now IMHO.

From Day 2 as more info came out about this story, I had a strong intuitive feeling and analytical reading from the scene that this incident was staged. Days before I knew where this beach road came down from a private residences driveway that was not visible from the road even. I knew she went there with a purpose that was not just a person looking aimlessly for a place to "crash out". When her son's body was found and her's was not within a few miles of there or within a few hours. I knew she would not turn up at all and my suspicions have grown since that a crime has taken place.

I also recall she was to have spent the first night at the step sister's. Girl talk and getting reaquainted. I did not get the impression that included RS as spending the night there too. Now he may SAY we were planning a trip down. But, the facts he gives refutes this when he did not know the address and only found it out at 6:45 when he was already in Olympia outskirts. I would think if he was intended to go from the start he would ALREADY have known the "destination address".

Personally, I do not believe that she had ever intended on visiting her former step parent. Why after this long and his having remarried? She did not choose to when she was right there two weeks prior. I believe that it was a ploy and a cover story for her intentions of where she was planning to go.

As far as hitting her head. I think she may have bumped it when she hit the curb also. Usually, it will rock you into the side window. But, it is nothing serious leading to a concussion. Ditto the small scuff mark down the side of the van. Not a serious accident.

So it is well populated around much of the shoreline with waterfront property? I do not think they have found a body because she is very much alive. For now.

I couldn't have said it better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member