WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching our local news Kiro 7 and they showed court docs with allegations from her husband that she had told him she had dreams of strangling their younger child. That would be the child that is missing now.

:sick:

Again, just like her allegations against him, I don't know what to believe, however, I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with her mental issues from before. I can't remember now, after reading so much today, was she hospitalized for mental issues? Or was this just why they were looked into from CPS (besides the Target incident, of course.) It is so crazy it is all mushing together for me now. I should have been taking notes.

Link to Bellevue Police Department missing child poster Sky Elijah Metawala
http://bellevue.komonews.com/news/9...sing-child-bulletin-sky-elijah-metalwala-case

sky_flier.jpg

:sick:

Again, just like her allegations against her, I don't know what to believe, however, I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with her mental issues from before. I can't remember now, after reading so much today, was she hospitalized for mental issues? Or was this just why they were looked into from CPS (besides the Target incident, of course.) It is so crazy it is all mushing together for me now. I should have been taking notes.

She was involuntarily committed, then declared "fine" at some point.

I have to tell you, from what I know, it's extremely difficult to get an involuntary commitment in this state.

Really? When was it she was supposed to have said this? Because I find it very hard to believe she would share this information with him. IMO it sounds like mud slinging he is making up. I mean, I really can't imagine sharing this with my stbx who I have accused of beating me and have obtained an order of protection against.

The only way this would remotely make sense if if she had some kind of ppd after Sky was born, which would be on record (but not disclosed to the public per hippa).

Why would dad say this outside of the context of mentioning it along with PPD if it was not intended to be mudslinging?

all jmo]

These people were at one point in love. Perhaps these dreams were disturbing to her and she confided in her husband, with whom she was still in love with at the time, for comfort and support. The news did not say when she had these dreams, could've been anytime up to their separation. The court docs said none of her allegations were ever confirmed after investigation. A psychiatrist stated she may have severe OCD, I don't consider that an allegation, it is a medical opinion of a doctor who has no reason to lie. I don't know what happened here but I'm much more likely to believe what the father is saying after finding out about the severe OCD. Never ever underestimate mental illness.

Really? When was it she was supposed to have said this? Because I find it very hard to believe she would share this information with him. IMO it sounds like mud slinging he is making up. I mean, I really can't imagine sharing this with my stbx who I have accused of beating me and have obtained an order of protection against.

The only way this would remotely make sense if if she had some kind of ppd after Sky was born, which would be on record (but not disclosed to the public per hippa).

Why would dad say this outside of the context of mentioning it along with PPD if it was not intended to be mudslinging?

all jmo

Thank you! Do we even have a time frame of when she allegedly said this? PPD is serious business. She had a dream, that's not the same as saying she wishes she could. I've had some pretty disturbing dreams.

This poor mother & Sky. He's been missing how long? We don't even know that he's dead and everyone is ready to hang mom?

From above link: "I don't understand why she would leave a little baby in the car," Metalwala said. "The whole story is puzzling."

That sounds like one of us saying it, not the dad?!! Found it odd imo

Wasn't HE there with his wife when "the little baby" was left in the car in December of 2009??? :waitasec:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133378413.html

"I don't understand why she would leave a little baby in the car," said the boy's father, Solomon Metalwala.

But this was not the first incident in which the boy had been left alone in a car.
In December 2009, officers in Redmond cited Biryukova and her husband for reckless endangerment after they acknowledged leaving Sky, then 3 months old, in their Cadillac sport-utility vehicle in a Target parking lot on a 27-degree day.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but wouldn't a dx of wanting to harm a child come under the form of some kind of postpartum depression or psychosis and not OCD? :waitasec:

My gut tells me there was a lot of ugly bitterness back and forth between both parents and I fear this father will use this opportunity as a means to 'get back at his stbx' and not put the focus where it should be, on finding his child.

I think the OCD could indirectly have an impact if the parent if it leads to neglect. :(

I have to tell you, from what I know, it's extremely difficult to get an involuntary commitment in this state.
Who stated she was involuntarily committed? The husband? This might not be correct. Most of the time patients that are a danger to themselves or others are unwillingly taken to the ER, but they can be talked into agreeing to be admitted. She was likely admitted for her OCD symptoms.

all jmo

Maybe she never sought help for PPD. Happens all the time.

The couple had been together for 14 years. He was 21 and she was a high school sophomore when they began dating, according to one of her court declarations. In another declaration, her mother, Nadia Biryukova, wrote that they married in 2003 in her kitchen just before he was to be deported to Pakistan.

In court documents filed in connection with their divorce, Julia Biryukova said their relationship deteriorated in 2008 after they bought an expensive home in Kirkland and couldn't keep up with the payments on that property and a condominium they also owned.

Most psych patients have multiple diagnoses. If her homicidal thoughts just recently began, they will not fall under PPD as she is 4 years past her last delivery. She could have Major Depression with psychotic features, but there is no telling until the entire story is heard.

Pensfan
_____
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Edited: Husband reported her as having homicidal dreams and not obsessive thoughts about injuring her child while awake.

4 years past??, her baby is 2

BBM

I think we are sometimes too quick to blame a woman's mental health issues on PPD.

I wasn't meaning to post blame. My comment was in response to her husbands comment about her having OCD and wanting to wash the refridgerator twice a day. Personally, I don't understand what her washing the refridgerator has to do with their child being missing.

Also, was trying to clarify or distinguish between an official DX of OCD versus PPD. I have never heard of a mother having thoughts of strangling her child dx'd as OCD and not some form of PPD.

Honestly, at this point, there has been so much back and forth from both parents, I don't know what to believe and quite frankly believe neither.

jmo

So, JB was "more interested in cleaning the empty refrigerator twice a day" than feeding her daughter -- that's how bad her OCD was. FYI, OCD is an anxiety disorder and it sounds like hers was really unchecked. OCD compulsions (i.e. behaviors and thoughts) get worse in times of increased stress. Sounds like this divorce has been highly stressful. When OCD compulsions get to the point that they're interfering enough in your life that you're not tending to your kids' basic needs, that's a train that has run pretty far off the rails. (I'm a mental health therapist, btw).

Also, SM has made some pretty weird statements to the news -- he's kind of a creepy-sounding guy. But, at least he's made statements to the news (both addressing JB and the possible kidnapper/s). Why hasn't JB made a statement? From her POV, there are only 2 possibilities -- Sky walked off or Sky was kidnapped. Why isn't she appealing for his safe return?

And if there is all this money being thrown around, why is there not an announcement of a reward? They paid a $5000 fine for leaving this baby in the car alone (which to me speaks volumes on top of the community service, parenting classes and citation as to leaving him alone AGAIN) then why have we not heard of a reward yet for this baby?

yes, link provided in previous posts but here is another one . . .

Complicating matters is a prior incident at the Redmond Target store two years ago, where the parents left the same child, then just a baby, sleeping in his car seat as the two shopped. An onlooker called police. Sky was left alone for nearly an hour.

The boy's father admits it was a stupid mistake and can't imagine how his ex could have done it again.

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellevue/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

bbm...and yet in this story, they only mention the mother having done it...

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/bellevue-police-search-missing-2-year-old/nFXM6/

Most psych patients have multiple diagnoses. If her homicidal thoughts just recently began, they will not fall under PPD as she is 4 years past her last delivery. She could have Major Depression with psychotic features, but there is no telling until the entire story is heard.

Pensfan
_____
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Edited: Husband reported her as having homicidal dreams and not obsessive thoughts about injuring her child while awake.

Her youngest is only two. I don't know enough about PPD to know how far it extends or may extend after delivery.

Thank you!! That is what I thought I remembered, but didn't want to say without checking first and this thread has gotten so long that I wouldn't know where to begin at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CriminalPineapple