WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a lot? I'm not sure what is normal for CPS, but I feel like that's a whole lot!! Yikes...

Could it be the parents calling in on each other or one of them doing it to sabotage the other due to the custody issues and DV allegations? Can they even do this?? Maybe anonymously? IDK... Just thinking out loud and wondering what happened with this family!

My heart is just aching for these babies - both of them! What kind of a crappy life did these poor kids live? Being abused? Being used as pawns in a custody battle? Being left alone in a freezing car crying as an infant? And now - no matter where Sky is, it's not happy. And poor little M... being in state custody has to be frightening. I can't say what I'd like to do to parents like these... I am SURE it's against TOS. :furious:

Hmmm strange! Maybe he "took one for the team" so to speak? As part of a deal maybe? So Mom didn't have to have the record or take the punishments?

No they were both charged per the court records. ABC got it wrong.

I'm still shaking my head that the father is mystified by how she could have left the baby alone in the car, when he did the SAME thing. It's like, he's dissociated himself completely from his own guilt in leaving his baby in the car while they were in Target for 55 minutes in the freezing weather - less than 2 years ago - and who knows HOW much longer they would have left that poor crying baby there had cops not arrived and called for them to come forward. I'm kind of wondering why his lawyer didn't help him out with that statement, helping him add something about having learned that lesson.

??

This article says the father was charged with leaving Sky alone before. Someone is wrong since earlier reports said both parents, correct?

ETA: So there's more further down the article. Why would just the father be charged?

bbm

They were both charged. According to the video on KIRO 7 there was also a $5000 fine involved.

So, to clear up some of the OCD confusion -- OCD compulsions (thoughts/behaviors) aren't consistent amongst all people. Some people have the more stereotypical presentation like hand-washing or being afraid of germs and some have repetitive fear-based thoughts that are more unusual like that their car will kick up a stone and crack the windshield of the driver behind them. It's very person-specific. But, the root in the behavior is in trying to quell the underlying anxiety. So, not all people with OCD are afraid of gas cans, germs, etc.

Also, to clear things up on Section 12's: to be involuntarily committed, you have to be a clear and potentially ACTIVE danger to yourself and/or another person/s. So, neglecting to feed your child or neglecting to provide them with proper medical care doesn't count -- that's neglect and that's when CPS/DSS/DCF steps in. Threatening to harm yourself or your child -- or making actions towards that -- does count as qualification for an involuntary.

They were both charged. According to the video on KIRO 7 there was also a $5000 fine involved.

Thanks :) Gosh I wish just for once MSM would get their facts straight before publishing!!! It has been a total jumble right from the beginning when they thought the 4 yr old was a boy..

For HRCODEPINK as requested. This isn't the worst one, but in the same area. IMG_2348 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thank you! I am not so sure. I am going to have to be on the fence with this one. It is certainly nothing like my daughter's blue spot, but it does look like it may, possibly, be something that is always there. Perhaps a birth mark. Check out these

So cute: http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalwala/4074021367/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalwala/4074779374/in/photostream

ETA: I'm sorry! I don't know how to make them not huge pictures on the thread and just clickable to the pics!

Does anyone know Julia's approximate address or how far away the car was from her residence? I think LE need to be determining garbage pickup details along that route and getting dogs out at the landfill or wherever garbage is transferred to search that incoming garbage.

Thank you! I am not so sure. I am going to have to be on the fence with this one. It is certainly nothing like my daughter's blue spot, but it does look like it may, possibly, be something that is always there. Perhaps a birth mark. Check out these

So cute: M and SKY 042 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

M and SKY 018 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

hmmm True enough!

I'm so sad for these children. I don't know what the heck happened, and I know that mom left Sky alone in that car (unbelievable) but it wouldn't surprise me if dad took him to make mom look bad -- the whole scenario would be coincidence beyond belief if he were following her or having her followed and she happened to 'allow' the circumstance to take him.

hmmm True enough!

I'm so sad for these children. I don't know what the heck happened, and I know that mom left Sky alone in that car (unbelievable) but it wouldn't surprise me if dad took him to make mom look bad -- the whole scenario would be coincidence beyond belief if he were following her or having her followed and she happened to 'allow' the circumstance to take him.

Don't forget that she also would have had to have forgotten her iPhone, because no way in this world I believe someone living at those apartments couldn't afford the bill.

Does anyone know Julia's approximate address or how far away the car was from her residence? I think LE need to be determining garbage pickup details along that route and getting dogs out at the landfill or wherever garbage is transferred to search that incoming garbage.

It is about 8 miles from what we could tell.

Uh Oh! NG blog is already calling him "tot!" Coincidence? Looks like we have a new Tot Mom!

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...ing-after-being-left-alone-in-car/?hpt=ng_bn4

So, to clear up some of the OCD confusion -- OCD compulsions (thoughts/behaviors) aren't consistent amongst all people. Some people have the more stereotypical presentation like hand-washing or being afraid of germs and some have repetitive fear-based thoughts that are more unusual like that their car will kick up a stone and crack the windshield of the driver behind them. It's very person-specific. But, the root in the behavior is in trying to quell the underlying anxiety. So, not all people with OCD are afraid of gas cans, germs, etc.

Also, to clear things up on Section 12's: to be involuntarily committed, you have to be a clear and potentially ACTIVE danger to yourself and/or another person/s. So, neglecting to feed your child or neglecting to provide them with proper medical care doesn't count -- that's neglect and that's when CPS/DSS/DCF steps in. Threatening to harm yourself or your child -- or making actions towards that -- does count as qualification for an involuntary.

There are other reasons why she might have been admitted besides stating/feeling that she wanted to kill herself or her child.

She might have been jeopardizing her health by being unable to complete her rituals and place enough calories into her mouth. She might have other ritualized behaviors such as the use of laxatives, chemicals, abrasives and/or etc.... She might have had other co-existing medical or psychiatric disorders that we don't know about which compounded her OCD's symptoms at that time and required her to be committed.

In my state it is NOT difficult to get someone committed for 3 days. One doctor's and one judge's signature is all it takes. Judges are very receptive to the request for the first involuntary admission. Getting a noncompliant patient kept in the psych hospital for over 3 days is where it becomes difficult. At this point the doctor must appear in court in front of the judge (read: doc must take off work and is not paid).

I noticed some bruises on M's legs in a few of the pics. It's so hard to tell if it's normal kid stuff or sinister. I'll see if I can find the pics and figure out how to upload them.

I'm waiting to hear more detail on some of these allegations and I would really like to hear the father's version too. For instance, it just "might" be possible that they parked at Target and the father ran in to get something while the mom and kids stayed in the car. Maybe (just maybe) the mom thought he was taking too long and made the decision to take her daughter in with her to look for him, leaving the baby in the car. "Maybe" leaving the baby in the car was not the father's decision at all and she did it after he was gone. Ok, odds aren't real high, but still, possible until we hear the details.

Due to being up close and personal with a loved one having Postpartum Psychosis along with Bipolar, I know only too well how scary it is for the endangered children. One cannot be forced to continue treatment, even after involuntary commitment and many sufferers learn how to maintain the semblance of normalcy for short enough periods to fool the casual onlookers. Even CPS workers count as casual onlookers when they only drop by to check off the standard questions on the forms and rush off to their gazillion other cases.

The mom being mentally ill doesn't make the father necessarily a saint either. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until we know more. At this point, knowing of her mental illness, I know too well that every accusation she made COULD be false. I hope she didn't kill his son.

I noticed some bruises on M's legs in a few of the pics. It's so hard to tell if it's normal kid stuff or sinister. I'll see if I can find the pics and figure out how to upload them.

Of course, M could have had a swing set injury and the mom immediately used it to falsely accuse the dad of abuse. I've seen this kind of thing so I KNOW it happens, especially among the dramatic personality disordered.

the 8000 block of 161st Ave NE, Redmond, WA

I'm waiting to hear more detail on some of these allegations and I would really like to hear the father's version too. For instance, it just "might" be possible that they parked at Target and the father ran in to get something while the mom and kids stayed in the car. Maybe (just maybe) the mom thought he was taking too long and made the decision to take her daughter in with her to look for him, leaving the baby in the car. "Maybe" leaving the baby in the car was not the father's decision at all and she did it after he was gone. Ok, odds aren't real high, but still, possible until we hear the details.

Reports say that after the parents were paged in Target, they told police they had only been in the store for 15 to 20 minutes, but when police looked at surveillance video it was determined they were in the store for 55 minutes.

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=1063504

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member