WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to slap this mother silly. She must think we are all idiots to believe her story. She obviously wants the boy gone, probably just to get back at Dad. Not one thing in her story is believable. Breaks my heart. Who in the world would leave their 2 year old behind in an unlocked car unless she wanted to stage a kidnapping, or the child was never there. I hope she is arrested soon.

I'm still shaking my head that the father is mystified by how she could have left the baby alone in the car, when he did the SAME thing. It's like, he's dissociated himself completely from his own guilt in leaving his baby in the car while they were in Target for 55 minutes in the freezing weather - less than 2 years ago - and who knows HOW much longer they would have left that poor crying baby there had cops not arrived and called for them to come forward. I'm kind of wondering why his lawyer didn't help him out with that statement, helping him add something about having learned that lesson.

??

Makes you wonder if they used the car as kind of a baby sitter before and just happened to be caught this time. Makes no sense.

They also admitted that they left him so they wouldn't wake him up.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/parents-of-missing-wash-1219490.html

The article also says:

"Last December, a social worker determined that there was a "preponderance of evidence" that Metalwala had struck his daughter hard enough to cause bruising, court records show. The social worker also said Sky had troubling bruises, but because the boy could not talk, it wasn't clear where he got them. However the attorney for Metalwala, Leslie Clay Terry III, said Monday that case worker had only interviewed the mother and that Child Protective Services later conducted an investigation that cleared Metalwala.

"He was exonerated completely," Terry said.

Last week, at a mandatory mediation session, a tentative agreement was hammered out that would allow Metalwala to have some visitation with Sky and his older sister, his lawyer said.

I'm waiting to hear more detail on some of these allegations and I would really like to hear the father's version too. For instance, it just "might" be possible that they parked at Target and the father ran in to get something while the mom and kids stayed in the car. Maybe (just maybe) the mom thought he was taking too long and made the decision to take her daughter in with her to look for him, leaving the baby in the car. "Maybe" leaving the baby in the car was not the father's decision at all and she did it after he was gone. Ok, odds aren't real high, but still, possible until we hear the details.

Due to being up close and personal with a loved one having Postpartum Psychosis along with Bipolar, I know only too well how scary it is for the endangered children. One cannot be forced to continue treatment, even after involuntary commitment and many sufferers learn how to maintain the semblance of normalcy for short enough periods to fool the casual onlookers. Even CPS workers count as casual onlookers when they only drop by to check off the standard questions on the forms and rush off to their gazillion other cases.

The mom being mentally ill doesn't make the father necessarily a saint either. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until we know more. At this point, knowing of her mental illness, I know too well that every accusation she made COULD be false. I hope she didn't kill his son.

I believe I heard that they were on video in Target for 55 minutes (they told LE they had just left the baby for 15 or 20 minutes). I took that to mean they were both on the video.

So, to clear up some of the OCD confusion -- OCD compulsions (thoughts/behaviors) aren't consistent amongst all people. Some people have the more stereotypical presentation like hand-washing or being afraid of germs and some have repetitive fear-based thoughts that are more unusual like that their car will kick up a stone and crack the windshield of the driver behind them. It's very person-specific. But, the root in the behavior is in trying to quell the underlying anxiety. So, not all people with OCD are afraid of gas cans, germs, etc.

Also, to clear things up on Section 12's: to be involuntarily committed, you have to be a clear and potentially ACTIVE danger to yourself and/or another person/s. So, neglecting to feed your child or neglecting to provide them with proper medical care doesn't count -- that's neglect and that's when CPS/DSS/DCF steps in. Threatening to harm yourself or your child -- or making actions towards that -- does count as qualification for an involuntary.

Thanks for the clarification on OCD. Our postpartum psychosis loved one's particular OCD was believing her baby had something terribly wrong with her. She couldn't be left alone with the baby a minute for fear she would try to cut an imaginary tumor out of her. ! ! !

Also, I believe odds are that she is VERY ill if she was actually committed involuntarily. When people are still rational and see that this is going to happen whether they want it or not, many will sign themselves in voluntarily, as our loved one did. We thought at the time this was a good sign. But we learned that this allows a person to then sign themselves out at any time too, which she did against physicians' recommendations. It also allows the patient to construct their own "story" about why they were hospitalized. Our loved one's stories were doozies. One was that she was "just mad at her husband" and needed a break. LOL

Makes you wonder if they used the car as kind of a baby sitter before and just happened to be caught this time. Makes no sense.

Makes me wonder if something happened to Sky at home. So she concocted this ridiculous plan which fit with something authorities knew she had done before, leaving Sky in the car. She put his body in the car so the 4 year old would have a recollection of him in the car and started driving. She stopped along her route and put Sky's body somewhere (maybe in a garbage receptacle), then parked and walked to the gas station with her 4 year old daughter. Just speculation by me but if she's responsible it would be my guess at this point.

OH MY!
Hinky meter going full tilt..... oy. Where is Sky? Sweet baby boy....

The etiology of OCD rituals are no longer considered to be only a method to reduce anxiety. Numerous studies have shown that OCD is a neurotransmitter problem and a biological/structural problem in the brain.
Subjects with OCD have significantly less white matter than normal subjects when viewed by MRI. In other studies, persons having OCD exhibited abnormal activity in their frontal lobe and their basal ganglia. The NIMH hypothesizes that OCD behaviors are connected with antibodies attacking the basal ganglia (repeated strep throat infections in childhood is thought to be one cause). Other researchers believe that OCD results from an imbalance of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain.

Here is a scary thought for this missing child's case: OCD behaviors are also exhibited by some people with schizophrenia.

Pensfan
_______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133415258.html

The father of a missing Bellevue toddler took an hours-long polygraph test on Monday night, but the results were said to be inconclusive.

An attorney representing Solomon Metalwala said he believes the reason for the inconclusive results is his client's fatigue. Attorney Clay Terry said Metalwala is "exhausted" as he hadn't slept much since his son disappeared on Sunday. Metalwala will take another polygraph test on Tuesday to clear his name, Terry said.

Ok Mom, YOUR TURN!

snipped.......
Officials also said Monday that no gas can was found near the car despite the mother's account that she went to get gas after the car ran out of fuel. The car also started for police.

Just an FYI, in one of the previous articles, the police said that it was only started for a short time and that it would not be uncommon for it to start after it sat for a little bit. It just probably wouldn't drive.

ETA: They wouldn't try to drive it at this point because they don't want to tamper with any evidence that may be in there.

I would find you a source, but I can't imagine where to look at this point, but I am going back and reading the comments on articles, so if I see it again I will post it.

http://redmond.patch.com/articles/update-search-for-missing-boy-moves-to-redmond-7a3868c0

Update: FBI Interviews Neighbors of Missing Toddler's Mother

The search has focused on the Redmond apartment of his mother, identified as Julia Biryukova. Bellevue police, the FBI and other law enforcement searched the Veloce Apartments in the 8000 block of 161st Avenue Northeast in downtown Redmond on Sunday and Monday.

Ok, I can now confirm I did have the right high end apartment complex. http://www.liveatveloce.com/p/apartments/neighborhood/redmond-wa-98052/veloce-3441

In Redmond, residents at the Veloce Apartments reported that the FBI went from door to door to ask general questions about the family. Law enforcement was also seen going through the Dumpsters at the apartment complex, and residents heard what sounded like helicopters overhead overnight.

"The FBI came to the door this morning. They asked general questions, asked if we knew the family," said resident Ariana Burrow, who said she didn't know Biryukova or Sky. "I am following the news just like everyone else. I hope they find him safe. It's kind of bizarre."

Well, just going by when daughter ran out of gas and her car stopped while driving- there was no turning the engine over.

Poor little Sky. I feel this will not be a happy ending.

snipped.......
Officials also said Monday that no gas can was found near the car despite the mother's account that she went to get gas after the car ran out of fuel. The car also started for police.

I'm just going to have to say this.

I do believe the mother's story is VERY hinky, but if you have a car run out of gas and stall, and you turn it off, it's quite likely to start an hour or so later because gas has trickled down into the holding tank.

LE stated early on this was not unusual. At any rate, they have towed the car and can assess the amount of gas in the tank.

NOW, if they found 1/8 of a tank or so, that would be different. My guess is they found just enough to start the car in the tank.

We'll see.

I'm just going to have to say this.

I do believe the mother's story is VERY hinky, but if you have a car run out of gas and stall, and you turn it off, it's quite likely to start an hour or so later because gas has trickled down into the holding tank.

LE stated early on this was not unusual. At any rate, they have towed the car and can assess the amount of gas in the tank.

NOW, if they found 1/8 of a tank or so, that would be different. My guess is they found just enough to start the car in the tank.

We'll see.

TY for that info. I didn't know!

But no gas can was at site of car after mom returned from gas station? Hmmmm.

TY for that info. I didn't know!

But no gas can was at site of car after mom returned from gas station? Hmmmm.

I'm not sticking up for her, I really believe this is very questionable, BUT

It's not clear she went to the gas station for gas. It seems she might have gone there simply for a phone, to call her friend, and then they would work this all out.

From what I've read, she passed at least one open restaurant on the way to the gas station.

I REALLY doubt her whole story. I'm just throwing into the mix, that often cars will start later if they earlier quit from lack of gas.

I'm not sticking up for her, I really believe this is very questionable, BUT

It's not clear she went to the gas station for gas. It seems she might have gone there simply for a phone, to call her friend, and then they would work this all out.

From what I've read, she passed at least one open restaurant on the way to the gas station.

I REALLY doubt her whole story. I'm just throwing into the mix, that often cars will start later if they earlier quit from lack of gas.

Whaaat? She passed by a restaurant first? omg.

I just can't get beyond leaving one child behind and taking the other one with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda