Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM can't use the money anyway, so it'll likely end up with MB no matter what happens.

Apparently MB is not named in his will and as an ex-wife is not entitled to anything from his estate. My guess is that creative accounting has ensured that there is not much in WM's "estate" at this point anyway. At the time of his death, it appears he only owned the Maplegate house, 1/2 of MillardAir/Millard Properties including the hangar contents related to the business and maybe some old vehicles/aircraft. And I believe the last we heard, MillardAir owed a ton of money to DM because he sold all his properties to bail the company out of it's bank loans. And one of those properties was used as collateral on those loans, I'm sure very much against DM's wishes, which is probably part of the catalyst for this alleged murder.

At present, I believe the only income MillardAir is receiving is the mortgage payments on the hangar. And I would assume it's still paying MB as the acting president and the bookkeeper and/or accountant occasionally, even though the company doesn't really exist anymore. I guess they can keep Millard Properties going as long as they are getting paid a mortgage on the hangar?

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 14m14 minutes ago
Court is now back in session. Crown Jill Cameron is continuing her examination in chief. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12m12 minutes ago
We're seeing now seeing a photo comparison of Sutherland's 16th test fire with markings on the pillow from the scene. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
He says in this instance, the gun was on its left side, and angled approximately 45 degrees. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
We're now seeing photos side by side of test fire 17, 18 and 20, as well. In each, Sutherland was moving the gun angle slightly. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Sutherland says he was never able to get the exact same soot markings on the tests he was doing as on the pillow from the scene. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s31 seconds ago
Sutherland is now using a screen to draw how he believes the gun was positioned on Millard's pillow. He says he believes the gun was on a 67.5 degree angle. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
We're now seeing a photo juxtaposing the scene photos of Millard's head with photos from the firearm tests with the mannequin. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s20 seconds ago
On both the test photo with the mannequin, and on the scene photo of Millard, there is gunshot residue on the back of the right hand, near the head. #Millard

Last edited:
This man is very good, but it is still only one person's opinion, however expert -- which might be hard to accept as proof beyond a reasonable doubt. But, put together with what I think is the most persuasive evidence so far (and it's fact) - DM, just a couple of days after the "shock" of his father's death, announced his plans to shut down Millardair and fire almost all employees. He must have had the plan to liquidate the assets in place prior to the death (in my opinion.) Would have been smarter to be seen to wait and get a thorough audit of the books and existing debts and anticipated income, before taking these steps.

Anyone know on what basis Pillay will argue that this evidence is inadmissible?

I’m wondering if the gunshot residue can’t be recreated because one of them was moving when the shot went off?? I really don’t know, I’m just guessing at possibilities.

Anyone know on what basis Pillay will argue that this evidence is inadmissible?
Presumably by challenging the expert standing of the witness and/or alleging bias (based on knowledge of the existing convictions.)

DM can't use the money anyway, so it'll likely end up with MB no matter what happens.

That may not be true. In the Shafia case (the father, mother and eldest son who killed their their three daughters and the father's first wife), the father, who was/is very wealthy, found out ahead of time that he could still have control over his investments from prison. All three received life sentences for first degree murder (horrible case) but the dad is still wheeling and dealing from behind bars. There has been fairly extensive MSM coverage and more than one book. So it's not clear how much money DM would still have, but if there is any, he could still use it, yes.

Or - remember Pillay asked if the soot was tested (and the answer as I recall was no.) He could try to argue the stains were something else entirely. Wouldn't be very credible, but he could try based on how carelessly the original crime scene seems to have been handled.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
One linear gunshot residue mark from Millard's pillow could never be recreated, Sutherland says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Sutherland says his report for this case was peer reviewed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The Crown asks Sutherland if he believes Wayne #Millard shot himself. "I don't believe he did ... it is a very unlikely handling of the gun, very difficult to recreate," Sutherland says. If Millard had fired the gun, his left hand would have had gunshot residue on it, he says.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 24s25 seconds ago
He says again the firearm had to be on its left side. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sutherland says it is technically possible, however, for Millard to hold the gun in his left hand, with his arm bent at the elbow, and his hand bent at the wrist, with his thumb on the trigger, almost holding it upside down. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
It looks very awkward to do this as he's attempting it in court. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7s7 seconds ago
"So if Wayne was able to get his hand into that position, you would expect to see gunshot residue [on his left hand]?" Cameron asks. "That's correct," Sutherland responds. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther