What do you think the Ramsey's original plan was...

Why didn't he tell them about the open window then? That didn't happen until 4 months later. I feel John was telling the truth when he told three different investigators the house was locked. Again, that story changes later as well.

According to the police report which was initially typed up, they DID discuss the broken window with John. This is a screen capture from the Dateline show:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DL_PoliceReport2.jpg
    DL_PoliceReport2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 407
According to the police report which was initially typed up, they DID discuss the broken window with John. This is a screen capture from the Dateline show:

attachment.php

He said it was broken but he never mentions it was wide open or that there was a strange suitcase under it does he?

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at. Good question. However, you'd think he'd tell the police right away at the time, if he truly were a frantic father looking for points of intruder entry/clues to where his missing child had gone.

He said in one of his interviews that it was open a crack and that he closed it.

Very strange.

JR couldn't pretend that the broken was a new occurence because the housekeeper knew it was broken for a while. But, wouldn't he have thought "hey, I slipped in through this window once and maybe the intruder saw it was broken and did the same thing?" I had better alert LE to this right away. No, instead he touched it, closed it and latched it. FW moved a bit of broken glass and even the suitcase around.

Surely, LE had already noticed it during the initial search?

What I find ridiculous is that, once again we find JR in his underwear - this time breaking into this own home. Why not slip BR, who is alleged to have been with him at the time, into the house via the window?

Put yourself in the place of an intruder. It's a bitterly cold, almost freezing December Christmas night. You decide to go out for a bit of abducting......

You find a house that is in total darkness - you creep around to the back of the house where you (somehow) notice a big heavy iron grille. Using your flashlight (there would be no other way to see it otherwise) you lift this big thing off the ground because you have spotted - somehow through the grille - down below in the dark, dark, well of the basement area - a window. You decide to get down into the well and see if you can open a window. Hey presto! You're almost in.

Now doesn't that sound ridiculous?

And, as we know, after that, the story becomes even more ridiculous, if you were to believe the intruder baloney.

Put yourself in the place of an intruder. It's a bitterly cold, almost freezing December Christmas night. You decide to go out for a bit of abducting......

You find a house that is in total darkness - you creep around to the back of the house where you (somehow) notice a big heavy iron grille. Using your flashlight (there would be no other way to see it otherwise) you lift this big thing off the ground because you have spotted - somehow through the grille - down below in the dark, dark, well of the basement area - a window. You decide to get down into the well and see if you can open a window. Hey presto! You're almost in.

Now doesn't that sound ridiculous?

And, as we know, after that, the story becomes even more ridiculous, if you were to believe the intruder baloney.

What's more ridiculous and seldom mentioned is the sound that metal grate made. Even in the clip of Lou Smit climbing in, there is a lot of noise. On a cold winter night I think it would have drawn attention- even if it hadn't, it seems too risky a route to take for a would be intruder.

JR couldn't pretend that the broken was a new occurence because the housekeeper knew it was broken for a while. But, wouldn't he have thought "hey, I slipped in through this window once and maybe the intruder saw it was broken and did the same thing?" I had better alert LE to this right away. No, instead he touched it, closed it and latched it. FW moved a bit of broken glass and even the suitcase around.

Surely, LE had already noticed it during the initial search?

What I find ridiculous is that, once again we find JR in his underwear - this time breaking into this own home. Why not slip BR, who is alleged to have been with him at the time, into the house via the window?

The story goes that PR &a the kids (Burke as well) were in Michigan at the cottage when JR had to break in, hence why he had no key or garage door opener (question: my garage has a keypad where I can enter a code to get in without my opener, is this not normal? Is this not what would have been around in 1996? Keypad entry is hardly high tech. If anyone has any insight into this question please let me know! I think it could potentially be a very important point. If JR didn't need to break the window, then who did?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The story goes that PR &a the kids (Burke as well) were in Michigan at the cottage when JR had to break in, hence why he had no key or garage door opener (question: my garage has a keypad where I can enter a code to get in without my opener, is this not normal? Is this not what would have been around in 1996? Keypad entry is hardly high tech. If anyone has any insight into this question please let me know! I think it could potentially be a very important point. If JR didn't need to break the window, then who did?)

I remember that story, it's from one of John's interview transcripts. And yet in the childhood interview transcript from Burke recently acquired and partially published by the National Enquirer, Burke claims to have been with JR when it happened. What's up with that!

I can see the garage not having a keypad, I don't know how common that was. But why that window, and why not just go to the Barnhills across the street and get the spare key?

I remember that story, it's from one of John's interview transcripts. And yet in the childhood interview transcript from Burke recently acquired and partially published by the National Enquirer, Burke claims to have been with JR when it happened. What's up with that!

I can see the garage not having a keypad, I don't know how common that was. But why that window, and why not just go to the Barnhills across the street and get the spare key?

Precisely. One telling it was all of them were in MI and the other, BR was there. And, he had to take off his 'suit' and slid through in his shoes and underwear. Strange.

Or, BR swung a golf club at a hockey puck and it broke the window on a ricochet after it cracked JBR's skull.

I can see the garage not having a keypad, I don't know how common that was.
I recall remote controls even in the early 80s. I first saw a keypad entry device in the late 80s, but I remember thinking it was new. By the mid 90s I recall keypads being common on new garage door openers.

That will explain why JR had separate attorneys for himself and Patsy

Don't use taking good legal advice as evidence of guilt. Two adults should have separate counsel whose priority is their single client's best interests. Guilty or innocent. The shameful part is that sadly most people aren't going to be able to afford that, if they can afford a lawyer at all.

But why would they want separate lawyers? If my husband and I were being investigated I most definitely would want to appear unified with 1 attorney. Also, they're married legally they don't have to say anything about each other at trial.

Also, my aunt was murdered by her husband while their 2 teenagers daughters were there. They were also part of the cover up and lied for him. He also convinced the cops that it was suicide and there was no investigation until my grandparents looked into it. He thought he could manipulate LE and I think so did JR. Talk their way out of things or always have a reason for something. So it's definitely plausible to think that a parent would cover for their child. I think it was an "oh crap" moment. Burke could've told PR he hurt JBR or PR saw it. As a mother, I'm sure she went into full blown panic mode. And went from there because I think I read that PR was still in the clothes from the party??

But why would they want separate lawyers? If my husband and I were being investigated I most definitely would want to appear unified with 1 attorney. Also, they're married legally they don't have to say anything about each other at trial.

JR stated that it was on the advice of his attorney, Mike Bynum, that he got them both separate lawyers. However, I suspect the real reason was that JR suspected that there might be an eventual conflict of interests between what he said and what Patsy said, with regard to the night of the murder. I think ST thought that was the reason.

For all we know he may have feared that his wife would tell the police that her husband had more to do with everything than she did.

As it happened, he needn't have worried because the couple weren't even intereviewed by the police until many months later.

I think the legal advice is generally that each specific person should have their own attorney that is looking out for their best interests. Even if you are innocent of something things could be not going your way and you need to consider a plea bargain. Your lawyer should only be considering YOU when working out a plea, not you and your spouse. They may have to throw your spouse under the bus for you, etc. Not saying that you would choose to let that happen, but having a lawyer per person is the best, safest plan IMO. But I'm not a lawyer!

I think the legal advice is generally that each specific person should have their own attorney that is looking out for their best interests. Even if you are innocent of something things could be not going your way and you need to consider a plea bargain. Your lawyer should only be considering YOU when working out a plea, not you and your spouse. They may have to throw your spouse under the bus for you, etc. Not saying that you would choose to let that happen, but having a lawyer per person is the best, safest plan IMO. But I'm not a lawyer!

Very true! It makes sense definitely but I guess it just looked "off" kind of like why do you need two if you're innocent type thing?? I don't know! Lol

Yes, and John's attorney would consider it a conflict of interest to also represent Patsy and the other way around in such a situation, even if they had both wanted to be represented by the same lawyer. My recollection is that Burke had his own attorney as well, but I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is faulty here.

Yes, and John's attorney would consider it a conflict of interest to also represent Patsy and the other way around in such a situation, even if they had both wanted to be represented by the same lawyer. My recollection is that Burke had his own attorney as well, but I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is faulty here.

Yes, Burke did have his own lawyer, at least for the Grand Jury.
May 26 - Twelve-year-old Burke Ramsey was secretly questioned last week by the grand jury investigating his sister JonBenet's death. The next day, Boulder authorities publicly reaffirmed that he's not a suspect, only a witness.

Burke, 9 years old when his sister's body was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her parents' Boulder home in 1996, was subpoenaed to appear before the 12 grand jurors last Wednesday, according to a 9News report from Paula Woodward. His attorney, Atlanta-based Jim Jenkins, also attended the hearing, but the questions came only from the jurors, Woodward reported.
http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jon0526.htm

The problem I have with the theory that the Ramseys hid JonBenet in the suitcase and planned to dispose of the body after the cops left is that it has been determined that JonBenet's body wasn't moved after death. It is likely she was in the wine cellar the entire time, in which case the Ramseys had to have thought she'd be discovered pretty soon after calling 911. I don't think they were obtuse enough to believe they'd be left to their own devices after reporting a kidnapping. LE would have been camped out in the neighborhood canvassing neighbors and monitoring to see if the kidnappers attempted to contact the Ramseys again.

Do you think maybe their plan was to dispose of her but when it came time they just couldn't go through it? Maybe they had a little decency? Anyone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back