Who is Matthew Bartlett and why the middle finger sign?

Saw a segment on Local 6 11pm news tonight on this guy on the and bought out some other items:

The reporter went to his mother's house to try and interview her. She refused the interview saying she hadn't spopken to him for a year.They also showed a video and interview they had done with him the day before (Wed.) as he waited in line to get a ticket for Thursday's session. He was number 1 in that line. I remember he made some cocky remark to the reporter but can't remember what it was now and I can't seem to find that clip on their website.

BBM: Did she say why?

Yes, I realize this may be perpetuating the 15 min. of fame, but his "fiance" (won't even go there) talks here.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/30/guilty-verdict-reachedbut-not-for-casey-anthony/

He's no kid. 28 is decades from being "a kid". At least in age.

I know he was just flipping off the camera. He wasn't looking at Ashton, just the camera. And congrats to the Video Tech who got him! GOOD JOB. Bird-Nut was just out for his own masturbatory experience. A real Toyota job - you asked for it, you got it!

I loved his testimony "It's just something I do." Too cowardly to do it face-to-face - just chicken***** enough to disguise it and see if you could get away with something else. Six days is SO lenient. I hope he'll be paying appeal fines, too.

He is the reason I think spectators should not be allowed in court rooms. That is just my opinion, but after all the pushing and shoving matches that have gone on, it should have been off limites except for the media.

He knew better, he is not a kid and he deserves just what he gets IMO.

Bet HHJP will be surprised to know this man evidently beat up a senior citizen and robbed someone, according to his criminal record!

When did 28 turn into being a "kid'? He is a man and was dispatched by the judge as such for his crime---yes, he committed a crime. All things considered I think he got off lucky.

He is the reason I think spectators should not be allowed in court rooms. That is just my opinion, but after all the pushing and shoving matches that have gone on, it should have been off limites except for the media.

He knew better, he is not a kid and he deserves just what he gets IMO.

I understand your frustration with attention-seeking spectators.

But imagine a system in which the government conducted secret trials without witnesses. Even if trials were still televised, we'd have no way of knowing whether we were getting the real feed or some facsimile the government wanted us to see.

No, I'm not a big believer in government conspiracies; but that's at least in part because we have checks and balances and don't conduct "secret trials."

I tend to agree with someone who mentioned yesterday that this guy didn't flip off JA, but flipped off the camera. And it clearly looks more like that to me. I'll bet it was his way of acknowledging his friends or something. Now why would he say he flipped off JA? I have no idea other than he was scared.

Anyway he is getting way more attention than he deserves, imo.

Yes, he was flipping off the camera IMO. He (or his friends) were recording the day's proceedings and were looking forward to laughing about it. Bartlett probably thought it would not be noticed.

Bartlett likely said he was flipping of JA because it might make it easier on him. Had he said "I was flipping off the camera," Judge Perry would have assumed (with reason) it was HIM the gesture was directed at.

David In TN

Your comment about being a supporter of Casey Anthony is completely irrelevant.

What killer is he a supporter of?

Mathew Bartlet

Allow me to make a few statements here;

- this was NOT some inocent 'prank', he is a SUPPORTER of Casey Anthony

It is not ok for decent people to excuse or make light of his behavior, as he is a supporter of a killer. It makes him a demented, wrong thinking person who should be ostracized by all until he seeks mental health treatment & is able to become a productive member of society; people who are 'fans' of killers deserve no sympathy.

Society would be better if people like this were treated harshly by all. There are just too many weirdos like this - & this includes the mentaly ill member of the defense team who married a serial killer after he was found to be a serial killer.

He was asked who, if anyone, that middle finger was extended to and his answer was, to Mr. Ashton. It was a stupid thing to do, and he deserved what he got. MOO.

That's true, but when pressed by HHJP, MB stated that he didn't know why he did it.

OK, so if he did it against JA, why? And why doesn't he know why, if he knows who he did it against? He behaved like an idiot and a fool, but that's already been established.

Mathew Bartlet

Allow me to make a few statements here;

- he is NOT a 'boy', he is a 28 year old MAN
- this was NOT some inocent 'prank', he is a SUPPORTER of Casey Anthony
- he commited a SERIOUS offense which also could have caused a mistrial. Think about the implications of THAT.
- he DESERVES all the scorn & hardships that will now come his way by all NORMAL people in society.

It is not ok for decent people to excuse or make light of his behavior, as he is a supporter of a killer. It makes him a demented, wrong thinking person who should be ostracized by all until he seeks mental health treatment & is able to become a productive member of society; people who are 'fans' of killers deserve no sympathy.

Society would be better if people like this were treated harshly by all. There are just too many weirdos like this - & this includes the mentaly ill member of the defense team who married a serial killer after he was found to be a serial killer.

re what I bolded in your text above, Matthew Bartlett is a supporter of Matthew Bartlett. I seriously doubt he cares about Casey Anthony's criminal case one way or the other.

I havent read through the whole thread, so I dont know if it has been asked, but if something that immature and stupid could possibly cause a mistrial, then why do they allow the public to sit back there at all?

And how could doing that possibly cause a mistrial in the first place?

This is one of the looks Hon. Judge Perry gave Bird Guy yesterday:

article-2010172-0CD0569400000578-818_224x340.jpg

:giggle: I heart Judge Perry!!

@OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News

Court denied Matthew Bartlett's appeal. He's the spectator who flipped the bird at Jeff Ashton. #CaseyAnthony

Sorry just saw this thread, I don't understand, this guy flipped the bird in the same manner as ICA herself has done on several occ. Why was he brought to task , ICA should be called out as well ! It is very disrespectful to the court to act in this manner...........

When did 28 turn into being a "kid'? He is a man and was dispatched by the judge as such for his crime---yes, he committed a crime. All things considered I think he got off lucky.

I heard his age tonight for the first time 28 wow he sounded acted and looked like a teenager.:waitasec:

Hope this guy uses these few days in jail to take a look at the direction his life is going. Otherwise he may be seeing the inside of a courtroom again in the future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy
Back