Who is Matthew Bartlett and why the middle finger sign?

If my son had EVER been stupid enough to do that, he would have begged HHJP to keep him in jail a very long time because he would know that the minute he got out I would be right there waiting for him and when I got done with him 6 days in jail would have seemed like a vacation!

I think LE should be allowed to arrest people for "Felony Stupidity" but then our jails would be filled to overflowing. However, if they just fined these people, we might be out of the recession in no time at all!

I missed how HHJP found out about this event -did he witness it himself or did the camera guy see him and notify him or what?

TIA,

I heard the press ratted him out. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Illinois and was in a courtroom once that didn't allow shorts, jean with holes, and all shirts had to have sleeves. I had worn a "skort" and wasn't sure I would be allowed to enter the courtroom, however I was allowed.

I have been surpised at some of the dresses and such that CA has worn to court. I will admit I think she has looked very nice, but, never the less it has shocked me at times....not sure if that is all courts in Illinois or just that particular county.

Anyway, I am thinking that it all goes back to the "respect of the court" idea, which isn't all that bad I don't think. just sayin'.....jmho....

Your comment has just reminded me of all of Casey's stunts in the courtroom: inappropriate laughter, mouthing comments, shaking her head. I'm surprised the judge has not warned her lawyer to tell her to knock it off.

JP: "can you read and write?"
ICA laughed at first, then got a chance to see JP in action. I think it scared the "carp" out of her.

Really??

He's an <modsnip> who wants 3 seconds of fame and has no respect for the judicial system. Not really worth a thread but that's JMO. And I've been wrong once or twice. Or just once ;)

Really??

He's an <modsnip> who wants 3 seconds of fame and has no respect for the judicial system. Not really worth a thread but that's JMO. And I've been wrong once or twice. Or just once ;)

I completley agree. This is insane. See y'all. :seeya:

Re: age

By the time I am 28 (yes, I am only 23), my husband will be celebrating his 7th college reunion, and 7th year working for a berkshire hathaway holding, I will have celebrated my 4th college reunion, and 4th anniversary at a different company. Our son will be 6, we will have purchased a car and home outright NEW, and will still have a emergency fund, along with various other savings.

I am not saying all this to brag, but to suggest that it isn't "kids these days" that don't have their chit together, it is this gentleman who does not.

My mom used to tell me that boys and girls don't automatically become men and women at certain age, and to not be surprised to meet a "girl" in her 50's. This boy I believe is a prime example of that.

For chrissakes, he has been able to vote for TEN years...!

This guy was there to support ICA....perhaps he is hoping to befriend her or more. His despicable behavior and bad judgement earned him a six day stay at the grey motel. I am thrilled.

Of course it's legal, I am not doubting that. But my point is if mark geragos had flipped the bird, I bet he wouldn't be locked up right now. Or some rich person with access to a fancy lawyer. maybe I am wrong.

The guy broke the law, got punished. It has nothing to do with anyone else. It has to do with personal responsibility. If you choose to break the law, you suffer the consequences. If 10 people are speeding and the one cop on I-4 only pulls you over, are you going to try to fight the ticket because everyone else was speeding too but only you got ticketed? Doubt that would go far either.

Re: age

By the time I am 28 (yes, I am only 23), my husband will be celebrating his 7th college reunion, and 7th year working for a berkshire hathaway holding, I will have celebrated my 4th college reunion, and 4th anniversary at a different company. Our son will be 6, we will have purchased a car and home outright NEW, and will still have a emergency fund, along with various other savings.

I am not saying all this to brag, but to suggest that it isn't "kids these days" that don't have their chit together, it is this gentleman who does not.

My mom used to tell me that boys and girls don't automatically become men and women at certain age, and to not be surprised to meet a "girl" in her 50's. This boy I believe is a prime example of that.

For chrissakes, he has been able to vote for TEN years...!

Bravo! 28 is no kid. By the time my husband was 28 he was on his third tour in Vietnam after being drafted at age 18. Time to grow the heck up. Sheesh.

But the real question in this day and time is, will the parents call up the judge and complain that their little darling is being unfairly treated? Can you imagine how a parent would feel seeing this broadcast for the world to see?

He wanted attention - he got attention. Probably one of the best lessons he will learn in his life. Tough - grow up!

Bravo! 28 is no kid. By the time my husband was 28 he was on his third tour in Vietnam after being drafted at age 18. Time to grow the heck up. Sheesh.

O/t but thank you to you and your family for your service to your country. My DH is in the USN reserves, and thankfully hasn't been called up yet. I can't imagine 3 tours!

Back on topic, I know that he doesn't deserve a thread but it is nice for some lightheartedness (at least a little bit lighter) between "Will Casey get the death penalty" and "dead pets"---just my opinion though.

But the real question in this day and time is, will the parents call up the judge and complain that their little darling is being unfairly treated? Can you imagine how a parent would feel seeing this broadcast for the world to see?
begin snark:

So, they call the news stations instead: "IT'S A TICK...HE DIDN"T MEAN TO DO IT" cue the parental tears...

end snark.

He's 28 years old! He's not a kid that was sent to the principal's office! That's not how grown up real life works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will ask some lawyers in my family. You guys are not understanding my question. I understand contempt of court, I understand it's legal. What I don't understand is how an american citizen can do something and be locked up within the hour and have the system throw a lawyer to you.... Shoot casey had freedom longer for killing a child.

BBM....Happens everyday, all day, in every state in the union. You have a petitioner/victim make a accusation against the respondent/defendant, law enforcement takes defendant/accused into custody. Lawyer appointed if cant afford one, arraignment, trial, etc...

This guy was there to support ICA....perhaps he is hoping to befriend her or more. His despicable behavior and bad judgement earned him a six day stay at the grey motel. I am thrilled.

That is what I thought. One more <modsnip> that has a crush on KC and wanted to impress her. Like the <modsnip> that wrote her in jail and offered to marry her. Who in their right mind want to marry a child killer? Because she is cute?

I don't know but if I were Casey Anthony I'd be concerned, if he got that for the finger what do you get for 4 counts of lying to LE, child abuse, first degree murder?
My thought, too. This young "man" behaved badly in a very serious situation. The signs were posted, there's no excuse. He showed complete disrespect for the court. He got caught and needs to be held accountable for his behavior. The sad aspect is that there has been several other "men" in the court the past few weeks who have also, in my opinion, shown great disrespect for the Court as well. I am flabbergasted by JB's "we have requested the records, too, for CA's place of employment but they cant' get ours until next week." I'm sorry but the request sounded like a spoiled child's request. I am going to have to follow some other cases after this trial is over to regain my confidence in the those who have sworn to uphold our justice system..... A post from another site, expressed the idea that the DT's request for the 15th has to do with the day that CA took off to get the KC's car with GA, an attempt to not only delay the trial but to make a moot point of CA's home/or not home evidence from the work e-mails.

His bday is July 4th, he'll be spending it in jail, booking photo:

image.asp

What an unusual person. He looks very pleased with himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back