Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really wrapped up in the Caylee A murder/thread and know very little about this case. But when I heard who had been arrested for this crime, and the details, I was shocked and stunned. Something's not right here. Women don't behave this way without a man threatening them to either comply/participate or ELSE. Yet, LE states that they anticipate no other arrests will be forthcoming. Is this woman simply the 1% female rapist/murderer anomaly or WHAT? What was she thinking? So far, with the little I know, I don't see her as the complete psychopath like KC A is...

Bolded respectfully by me.
While I appreciate your opinion on this, as a former child abuse investigator, I have to strongly disagree. While women as sexual perps are definitely in the minority of the perpetrators, it DOES happen, and often without any coercing, or involvement of a man. It's just so hard for us to wrap our head around the fact that a woman, a mother, could do such a horrible thing.

If indeed guilty (and so far, I think she is), I do think MH is as much a psychopath at KC is, in the fact that neither of them have any feeling whatsoever about their victims. With KC, she viewed the death of Caylee as a "door to her freedom" (however horribly misguided and sick that thought process is). What was Melissa's warped reason?

Galvino, I snipped your posting to save space, but you truly need to take a bow! Your posting should be the thesis for someone's PhD project! Very, very, well stated. I bolded your word "empathy". To me, that is the key to what is lacking in ALL of these crimes we discuss and analyze. Most criminals are so self-centered, they are incapable of realizing the pain and suffering they inflict, or they are so evil that they inflict the pain and suffering for no other purpose than....the pain and suffering. So, what do we have in this case? A murderer who was incapable of feeling the pain and suffering of their victim, or one who committed the crime because of the pain and suffering? Perhaps, there is a terrifying third category; someone who lacks any empahty for their victim and is incapable of feeling their pain and suffering, yet simultaneously enjoys the pain and suffering from a self-loathing voyeuristic viewpoint? I applaud your resiliency in surviving your own pain and suffering and I am glad that you are part of us here at WebSleuths. :blowkiss:[/QUO

Galvino, I so appreciate your insight and sharing of your experiences. It's encouraging to hear from a "survivor" and to know that victims can take something positive from their tragic experiences.

I voted I just don't know. However, something about how she disposed of Sandra makes me think of the info on mothers who murder their children. Sandra was put into a waterproof Eddie Bauer suitcase (would that be considered womblike?), in water, and less than two miles from home.

I'm probably way off the mark on this though.

This is the very reason that I believed..in the beginning, after Sandra's body was found...that her own mother could have been involved somehow. I didn't want to believe it...but, putting her inside of the suitcase, disposing her in the water, just two miles from home...are things that a mother would do. Wonder if...in a way...she thought of Sandra as a daughter. I know that's a strange thing to say, considering the circumstances. But...it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

------------------------------

Snipped...

-"But a study by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children shows that fathers are far more violent. And mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womblike" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic. Moreover, the NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away. All these behaviors suggest that women associate these murders with themselves, their homes, and their bodies."

I'd like to know just what kind of preaching went on at the church ~ is it one of those fire & brimstone cast out demons church?

Several reports seem to suggest that very little of anything went on at that church. I even read somewhere (but can't remember the source, unfortunately) a comment that they haven't had any services there since 2007. There seems to be a consensus in the various stories that the church has a tiny congregation, perhaps as few as 15 members.

Bolded respectfully by me.
While I appreciate your opinion on this, as a former child abuse investigator, I have to strongly disagree. While women as sexual perps are definitely in the minority of the perpetrators, it DOES happen, and often without any coercing, or involvement of a man. It's just so hard for us to wrap our head around the fact that a woman, a mother, could do such a horrible thing.

If indeed guilty (and so far, I think she is), I do think MH is as much a psychopath at KC is, in the fact that neither of them have any feeling whatsoever about their victims. With KC, she viewed the death of Caylee as a "door to her freedom" (however horribly misguided and sick that thought process is). What was Melissa's warped reason?

A criminal psychologist (a talking head) on HLN said yesterday that woman sex abusers will often reenact out their own childhood trauma on their victims.
And the killing could have been from all that rage that came from the reenactment coming to an head and she killed Sandra much like she wanted to kill her childhood abuser.

A criminal psychologist (a talking head) on HLN said yesterday that woman sex abusers will often reenact out their own childhood trauma on their victims.
And the killing could have been from all that rage that came from the reenactment coming to an head and she killed Sandra much like she wanted to kill her childhood abuser.

ITA with the criminal psychologist. And the motive is plausible. If you believe the statistics, most of the sexual perps who commit these crimes as an adult, were sexually abused as a child. What I meant to infer, was that women CAN and DO perpetrate sexual crimes, with no immediate involvement or coercion from a man.

ITA with the criminal psychologist. And the motive is plausible. If you believe the statistics, most of the sexual perps who commit these crimes as an adult, were sexually abused as a child. What I meant to infer, was that women CAN and DO perpetrate sexual crimes, with no immediate involvement or coercion from a man.

ITA! It's statistically rare but it does happen.

I'm really wrapped up in the Caylee A murder/thread and know very little about this case. But when I heard who had been arrested for this crime, and the details, I was shocked and stunned. Something's not right here. Women don't behave this way without a man threatening them to either comply/participate or ELSE. Yet, LE states that they anticipate no other arrests will be forthcoming. Is this woman simply the 1% female rapist/murderer anomaly or WHAT? What was she thinking? So far, with the little I know, I don't see her as the complete psychopath like KC A is...

An interesting article which discusses these same issues:

Sandra Cantu Case: Accused Female Molesters Rare, Often Accomplices
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7337185&page=1

An interesting article which discusses these same issues:

Sandra Cantu Case: Accused Female Molesters Rare, Often Accomplices
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7337185&page=1

Interesting article, thanks for posting.
If TPD are right, and MH had no accomplices, then I guess that would put her in the 6% category. I am no professional, by any means, but based upon my personal experience with SA investigations, I think that statistical number of "just female" perps is a little low.
Or maybe, I live in a community with high SA incidences. IDK.

This was not a first time situation. I think MH had been taking Sandra down to the church and molesting her. I think that is why Sandra told her friend early that day she was going to run away. She was starting to realize what MH was doing was not right. Sandra said something to MH which made her think she might tell so she killed her. Simple. I would bet MH was also the victim of sexual abuse which is most likely why she is so F'ed up to start with. I feel bad for her daughter, but then again many times molestors will not touch their own children.

just thinkin.... what if there was some type of accident... and then she decided to set up a scene once sandra passed... and she commited the rape thingy after she passed to set it up to point to a more than likely man... just thinking out loud.... i dont want to make excuses for her or try to reason for what she has done... i just am throwing this out there...but i dont know...just dont know...too sick to think too much about it... may sandra rest in peace

This was not a first time situation. I think MH had been taking Sandra down to the church and molesting her. I think that is why Sandra told her friend early that day she was going to run away. She was starting to realize what MH was doing was not right. Sandra said something to MH which made her think she might tell so she killed her. Simple. I would bet MH was also the victim of sexual abuse which is most likely why she is so F'ed up to start with. I feel bad for her daughter, but then again many times molestors will not touch their own children.

I bet this is why she did want to run away.

Have I missed the source for this "Sandra told her friend she wanted to run away" statement?

I am starting to wonder about some things. I was just reading that Huckaby had a couple of her relatives at home with her when she "sent Sandra away" the first time. That was from an early news article after the arrest, so I have no idea if that is true or has changed. This article said that Sandra went to the other friend's house and then went back to Huckaby's home, as we see in the video of her skipping. It also stated that Huckaby had called Sandra's sister to babysit with Huckaby's child--or some child--while Huckaby went to the church.

Now, if all that is still being said to be true, it's a very strange set up. It would mean that Huckaby somehow coerced Sandra into going to the church with her without anyone else AT THE HOME knowing about it, though a few other people were on site at the home. That would be some kind of subterfuge carried out by Huckaby, so I'm inclined to think those reports have been amended. Anyone know about this?

Then an article says LE was on the roof of the church and took a large, garbage can-like object from the scene, as well as a fold-up bed.

There's another source I've read that says Huckaby had a boyfriend in the park where they lived, that Sandra had been to his house, and this man tried to "obstruct the investigation", but no other details on that.

And of course, there is the strange, uncorroborated story Huckaby told of being questioned about a child being drugged when Huckaby brought her home from the park, though I haven't seen LE talk about THAT, either.

Nice SUV Huckaby was driving, as well. Was it hers?

All of which may or may not be true, mean anything...it's very confusing since the reports now mention none of this on the national news, anyway.

I hesitate to follow the "child sex ring" theories, I really do, because they seldom end up being valid. LE has said repeatedly they do not have another suspect in this case. Of course, they could be lying to throw off perps if they're even involved in investigating a child sex ring. What put me to wondering, though, really, is the LE investigation activity on the roof and the garbage can-like item removed later from that building. May mean nothing, though, as many people have satellite dishes.

But there were computers taken from the home, etc.

So I have to wonder if Huckaby was using children for income by videotaping or photographing and selling child *advertiser censored*, and in this case, she overdosed the child. Now they are asking any other victims of Huckaby to come forward.

"Lewd and lascivious acts...rape."

If any of this is true, this woman will get the death penalty, and her panic in court is knowing she is revealed for the monster she is.

Or none of the above.

(respectfully snipped for space and specificity)

When are drugs a mitigating factor related to the commission of a crime? I don't think that drugs/drug use are determinative (other than aggravating, not mitigating - if anything) when an individual commits a crime.

That said, I personally don't believe that addiction, which I believe is defined by the AMA as a disease (not a crime) - should be "treated" with arrest/imprisonment when not correlated to a criminal violation (like selling, driving while, etc.). Much the way alcohol is not a crime unless a factor in an unlawful act.

When does drug use lessen the consequences of a crime?

Drug use IS used in some state courts as a "mitigating circumstance." Missouri is one, off the top of my head.

I'm not a lawyer.
And my point wasn't to do anything other than to head off people who will jump on the idea of me saying Meth was involved was somehow trying to "lessen" the crime. I don't care what perps take, it ought never be considered as "softening" the crime and yet it is. I'm sure you can research it more if you're interested.

I hesitate to follow the "child sex ring" theories, I really do, because they seldom end up being valid. LE has said repeatedly they do not have another suspect in this case. Of course, they could be lying to throw off perps if they're even involved in investigating a child sex ring. What put me to wondering, though, really, is the LE investigation activity on the roof and the garbage can-like item removed later from that building. May mean nothing, though, as many people have satellite dishes.

But there were computers taken from the home, etc.

So I have to wonder if Huckaby was using children for income by videotaping or photographing and selling child *advertiser censored*, and in this case, she overdosed the child. Now they are asking any other victims of Huckaby to come forward.

I cannot get this same suspicion out of my mind, either.
I hope and pray the investigators leave no stone unturned and get ALL the truth about what actually happened, for Sandra and for the sake of any other children who may have been harmed.

It looks like they're starting to discuss the possibility of Huckaby making child *advertiser censored*, from another thread started about a TV discussion tonight.

If this is the case, they can't execute this woman fast enough for me.

Silver~Bell: I'm sorry that my response came across as adversarial, when it really is a matter of finding the idea truly perplexing, so I figured I would ask you about it because I cannot recall ever hearing or reading such a thing. I wasn't saying you're wrong, I'm just amazed and can't figure out how drug use would be deemed an appropriate factor for lowering/lessening a sentence.

Are you talking about drug court, maybe? No, that doesn't make sense because I don't think such programs are available to those who's violation is anything but possession.

Again, I apologize if you felt I was attacking you. I was not. I'm purely curious and surprised.

I have done considerable research on this subject and haven't seen what you describe (but that doesn't mean it isn't there - I may have missed it, but I'll see if I can find more info). I'd appreciate any suggestions that would point me in the right direction as you seem to have specific info. But please feel no obligation to do so).

Thanks for responding - I certainly HOPE no one attacks you, I certainly didn't mean to.

I havent read through all of this thread but I was wondering if there was ever any animosity between MH and Sandra's mom? If there was, in her sick mind this would have been the ultimate payback or revenge.

This story shows how it important to be very careful and not let ourselves get carried away in anger over what happened to sweet, beautiful little Sandra Cantu. A second, innocent woman named Melissa Huckaby lives in Tracy, CA. She's also 28 years old, a single mother of a 5 year old and is a Sunday school teacher. Apparently she's been getting death threats and her whole family is traumatised:

California Sunday School Teacher Mistaken for Accused Child Killer
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Associated Press
(carried on foxnews.com)

Please pardon me if you have come across this message posted on other threads, but it's so important to get the word out even to future visitors or casual visitors who may read only this thread.

I'm still not so sure that the murder was sexually motivated instead of staging to make it look as if a man did it. The past very high debts to hospitals and huge ambulance bills, the way the ex husband came out on visitation, the super skinny daughter, the whiny note written to the high school friend, and finally the stealing from Target, the other drugged child, and the swallowing of blades all seem more like some histrionic drama she was creating around herself, and maybe even to make herself seem like some pathetic victim in order to get her way or get out of some problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back