Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered that too, Edeva...I wondered if Cindy knew Caylee was dead...because although custody battles in a divorce situation can be long and harrowing, this one would have been pretty cut and dry...mom is in jail, dad is unknown to child, the court would absolutely have gone with the next of kin who Caylee had lived with her whole life...nobody other than CA, GA, LA had any better standing to take temporary custody of Caylee unless:

Is biodad still alive? Is it possible he does not know he is biodad? Does Cindy know who he is? Does Cindy worry that Casey may have told one of her friends who biodad is and that info could now get out and biodad could appear to challenge custody?

It's clear to me that whoever biodad really is, Casey did not want him involved in Caylee's life, or she wouldn't have tried to make Jesse biodad...if I'm not mistaken, the man A's claim is Caylee's dad died in a car accident but not before Caylee was born, IIRC, so even after Jesse was not the dad, there still was time for KC to tell the guy who is the dad if she had wanted to...I think it just became convenient for KC to say that the guy who died in the car accident was the dad because she didn't want real dad involved...Whether or not he knows Caylee was his, I think biodad is still out there, and that may have been part of the equation also...

I can say that I have been somewhat in Cindy's shoes. Thank God I filed for custody before it was to late. My granddaughters mother has "antisocial behavior" disorder, is a sociopath and bipolar. My son is the father and he could not take the responsibility of the child nor did the birth-mother want him to, she tried to take his rights away as well. Long story short. At the age of 6 and half weeks old our baby girl-granddaughter was abandoned by the Birth Mother. She wanted to party and play around with drugs, alcohol and needed to be with several men at all times and had no time for the child, but claimed she was the mother, but didn't want the responsibility. I went to the court house late one Friday afternoon and filed a petition for custody. This poor excuse of a mother left my granddaughter in the car in the winter when she was only 9 days old so she could visit with friends, she then would just leave the child with whom ever and kept my son from the child. She moved 6 times in the first 6 weeks of the child's life. I did not wait. To add to the sickness of this poor excuse of a mother, the judge ordered supervised visitation, when the baby was 4 months old she put a pill on the tray of the baby's exersaucer, thank God I seen it and she just said oops I don't know where that came from. Out the door she went and back to court I went to take away her parental right. My granddaughter will be 3 on Friday and her poor excuse of a mother has not seen her for almost 7 months. So, yes it's a hard long, costly court battle, but it's worth it if it will save my granddaughters life.. I did not wait...That is what I don't understand about Cindy A. She knew her daughter better than anyone...why? Why did she wait? Why didn't she step in and take over the situation? That is the Guilt that Cindy will live with for the rest of her life, George tried to step in and make Casey take the right path in life, other family members warned Cindy and she shut them out. Now look, the victim out of this is Caylee and nobody else. I feel nothing for anyone else but Caylee...

Please take a min and stop by and sign my petitions to help our innocent children.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/alexus-law.html

Oh, I didn't mention that I did report this to the CPS -DCS AND THEY DID NOTHING BUT SEND HER TO PARENTING CLASS!

I am NOT an attorney nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, BUT I do know someone in this situation. It is much harder than people realize to take a child away. In addition, Caylee would have likely been placed in Foster care until the court could arrange for CA to be her guardian. In smaller counties that can happen simultaneously with a removal, but in a county as large as Orange it would have been a while to even get CPS to investigate, find cause for removal, and the court to award custody. She could not have done this behind KC's back as KC would have been interviewed by CPS as part of the investigation. If crack moms can keep their parental rights then it goes without saying that lazy moms are a slam dunk.
IMO with some knowledge. Feel free to correct any statements that are untrue.

LMAO!!! I agree with your post however, I still think that CA should have started the process so that "when" Caylee came home vehicle which rolls on the slow wheels of justice could have at least been rolled out of the garage and onto the driveway....
on a personal note, been through the CPS system in Cali, fought to protect my step-daughter from a pedophile stepdad and after 3 years only got custody after it was too late.

The a family KNEW it was to late, from evidence and smell in car.............

Sorry to post twice in a row-

I also do not think she would have filed for custody even if they thought Caylee was alive because that would make Casey madder than a hornet and they needed her help to find an alive Caylee.

The part I bolded...absolutely.

I don't believe they thought Caylee was alive after the preliminary scientific results. I really don't.

But, Casey was throwing out hope hooks..."My gut says says Caylee is alive." "She's close." "Casey is coming home for her birthday." "I can feel it. She's ok. Zanny wouldn't hurt her." "Zanny is keeping Caylee because she loves her so much she can't let her go."

Every jailhouse video shows George and Cindy hanging onto Casey's every word for SOMETHING hopeful. Cindy looks physically ill when she gives Casey a chance to say something hinting that Caylee might be alive and Casey shoots the hint down.

Filing for custody would most likely cut off the only tie that COULD lead to Caylee...dead or alive.

JMO

After reading a few more posts it just occurred to me...

CA lied, along with KC, about KC being pregnant.

Had this case not become so media friendly,

CA would have lied, along with KC, that Caylee never existed....

In order to file for custody, it requires a child to be alive. I see this as a good reason for her not to file for anything.

Considering the childs mother was jailed July 16th and charged with Child Neglect, there is no way Caylee, if found alive, would have been turned back over to Casey until those charges were settled. The person/s given custody of Caylee would be determined AFTER the neglect charges were heard. Not before.

I've wondered that too, Edeva...I wondered if Cindy knew Caylee was dead...because although custody battles in a divorce situation can be long and harrowing, this one would have been pretty cut and dry...mom is in jail, dad is unknown to child, the court would absolutely have gone with the next of kin who Caylee had lived with her whole life...nobody other than CA, GA, LA had any better standing to take temporary custody of Caylee unless:

Is biodad still alive? Is it possible he does not know he is biodad? Does Cindy know who he is? Does Cindy worry that Casey may have told one of her friends who biodad is and that info could now get out and biodad could appear to challenge custody?

It's clear to me that whoever biodad really is, Casey did not want him involved in Caylee's life, or she wouldn't have tried to make Jesse biodad...if I'm not mistaken, the man A's claim is Caylee's dad died in a car accident but not before Caylee was born, IIRC, so even after Jesse was not the dad, there still was time for KC to tell the guy who is the dad if she had wanted to...I think it just became convenient for KC to say that the guy who died in the car accident was the dad because she didn't want real dad involved...Whether or not he knows Caylee was his, I think biodad is still out there, and that may have been part of the equation also...

My bold....

Grandparents getting custody is not a slam-dunk, & even harder than in a divorce.

What if KC had (legally) signed over her parental rights to someone wanting to adopt ???... Cindy would have no say-so about this.

Maybe this was KC's plan......just tell all Caylee's w/nanny, thinking no-one would call LE......then later finally admitting she adopted her out....sure better than ever having to admit she was dead.

Huh? Are you serious?

Cindy phoned 911 (three times) and spilled the beans.

It was Cindy who set of the alert that Caylee was missing. The media has simply followed the story from there on.

Exactly. What had Cindy told the counselor that led this professional to believe that Cindy stood a chance of gaining custody of Caylee? I have to believe that this professional must have been given evidence to make her realistically believe that KC was indeed an unfit mother or IMO she never would have advised Cindy to seek custody. Yet, Cindy somehow conveniently forgets that she, herself, recently came to the conclusion that KC was unfit as a mother and immediately proclaims her "Mother of the Year" material to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen.

ETA: Keeping on topic, IMO, Cindy never filed for custody then because she knew there was no reason to.

I just had a thought on this...would this counselor be able to give LE information concerning WHY CA felt that KC was an unfit mother? I don't know about privacy laws concerning this.

Huh? Are you serious?

It was Cindy who set of the alert that Caylee was missing. The media has simply followed the story from there on.

nO, not seroius PaddieAB, just feeling really snarky. I hardly think CA's conduct has been as Caylee's advocate though.

Huh? Are you serious?

Yes she called but Caylee wasnt mentioned immediately . The priority
was a stolen car ( they had already recovered) theft of money which
was causing problems in Cindys birth family and oh yeah by the way
the car smells like death and my granddaughter is missing .
To this day Caylee is the last priority - other people - things are
more urgent - KC and her defense - the banned from the funeral list
other people profiting from Caylee - grave robbers - T-shirt sales
immunity deals.

My bold....

Grandparents getting custody is not a slam-dunk, & even harder than in a divorce.

What if KC had (legally) signed over her parental rights to someone wanting to adopt ???... Cindy would have no say-so about this.

Maybe this was KC's plan......just tell all Caylee's w/nanny, thinking no-one would call LE......then later finally admitting she adopted her out....sure better than ever having to admit she was dead.

This is certainly a possible scenario. I hadn't thought of that. Casey was good at lying but not so good with logical planning. Maybe that's why she needed "one more day"....

I agree with you about grandparents and custody. For some reason many posters seem to think it's a simple thing. Grandparents have no special "rights" to take grandchildren away from the parent, even if they think they can do better. The good thing is many mothers/fathers care about their children enough to voluntarily allow grandparents (or someone else) to raise their children, if they cannot and if the grandparents choose, all with the best interest of the child at heart. Not Casey.

You are right.

Cindy COULD have done that. She could have left Casey with Tony, too. She had the car back. She wasn't ever gonna get money back from Casey.

There is only ONE reason Cindy called LE and that was so Cindy could find Caylee. If Cindy hadn't called them NONE of this case would ever be known.

Not a single one of Casey's friends noticed Caylee's absense and ever would have called. Not a single person but Cindy, George and Lee WONDERED about Caylee or noticed she was gone.

IMO

Yes she called but Caylee wasnt mentioned immediately . The priority
was a stolen car ( they had already recovered) theft of money which
was causing problems in Cindys birth family and oh yeah by the way
the car smells like death and my granddaughter is missing .
To this day Caylee is the last priority - other people - things are
more urgent - KC and her defense - the banned from the funeral list
other people profiting from Caylee - grave robbers - T-shirt sales
immunity deals.

Sounds pretty bad....:blowkiss:

In the 911 call, we hear Cindy threaten KC that she will file for custody of Caylee...we know she talked to a therapist who instructed her to do this...My question is, why didn't she??? I mean, after all this happened, after July 15, where we now know Caylee is missing... Especially once FCS got involved and KC was in jail...if she truly did believe Caylee was alive, why didn't she file for custody??

How can you file for custody on a missing child .That makes no sense at all to me.I would think the courts would not let you waste time filling for a missing child, unless of course you found that child.I have never ever heard or read of anyone who has done something like that.Even if she could and did file,Caylee was already dead. So whats the point?

You are right.

Cindy COULD have done that. She could have left Casey with Tony, too. She had the car back. She wasn't ever gonna get money back from Casey.

There is only ONE reason Cindy called LE and that was so Cindy could find Caylee. If Cindy hadn't called them NONE of this case would ever be known.

Not a single one of Casey's friends noticed Caylee's absense and ever would have called. Not a single person but Cindy was even LOOKING for Caylee or WONDERING about her.

IMO

Interesting, I'm thinking about various theories to this regard...I know there's a couple floating around that elude to Casey "was" Zenaida, and was infact creating a paper trail by various means to prove this imaginary Zenaida existed....who probably crossed over from Mexico without papers IMO. If Casey was creating a Zenaida, then she certainly could have planned to take it the next step (and sign custody over) because she had no need for a "real" nanny for Caylee any longer.:eek:

You are right.

Not a single one of Casey's friends noticed Caylee's absense and ever would have called. Not a single person but Cindy was even LOOKING for Caylee or WONDERING about her.

IMO

Some of us think logically others will find fault no matter what. I just pray that If any of the people who think they have all the right answers will be able to remember them if they ever find themselves in CA shoes.IMO Casey finally broke Cindy mentally, and alot of people are exploiting her nervous breakdown for profit.

This is certainly a possible scenario. I hadn't thought of that. Casey was good at lying but not so good with logical planning. Maybe that's why she needed "one more day"....

I agree with you about grandparents and custody. For some reason many posters seem to think it's a simple thing. Grandparents have no special "rights" to take grandchildren away from the parent, even if they think they can do better. The good thing is many mothers/fathers care about their children enough to voluntarily allow grandparents (or someone else) to raise their children, if they cannot and if the grandparents choose, all with the best interest of the child at heart. Not Casey.

Yep, Cindy had already bought the idea of the (invented) nanny, if KC could kept it going, she could of finally admitted to an adoption 'scenario'.....
Cindy would have no legal standing to find out about a 'legal' adoption.

Been there, done that, grandparents have very few 'legal' rights.....& it's totally different if the parent 'chooses' to sign over custody, to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon