Why Were There 17 Inches Of Cord Between The Wrist Ligatures?

Why Were There 17 Inches Of Cord Between The Wrist Ligatures?

• Rigormortis had started setting in, and her arms/wrists couldn't move closer.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • The Ramsey's were in a hurry to finish the staging.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
coloradokares said:
Toaster is it? How was she restrained to a water heater that only required an additional 17 inches to encompass the circomference of the water heater? Those are usually pretty big aren't (?) Or is what your picturing reaching around some other portion of the hot water heater than the tank portion itself. I man I'd think that would have taken more than 17 inches is what I saying and I don't think they restrained her to the hot water tank . I think it was staging.
Water heaters are 2-3 feet in diameter. With her arms wrapped around it, you just need a short piece of chord to connect her hands.

Solace said:
Sort of like the way he shook his head "yes" when asked by M. Tracey (the lowest of the lowest) on the latest documentary shown in England, if he killed his daughter. Then after several shakes of the head, he seemed to have realized and said something like "I would have given my life for JonBenet" and started shaking his head no.

Ames, if someone asked you if you killed your child (sorry about the question, but sometimes to drive my point, I have to - so we can realize how horrible it is). So if someone asked you if you did that, do you think you would be shaking your head yes in any way, shape or form. I say no. You would not. And I know John would have us believe that the shaking of the head is a realization that the question would be asked. Just like the perennial smirk he has on his face. The half smile that just doesn't leave. He really is an .

LOL.....Your last sentence is correct...and made me laugh...and I almost choked on my food...that I am eating while I type this. Straight and to the point!!!

I agree with you, if someone asked me if I had killed my child...and I was innocent....I sure as heck wouldn't have been shaking my head YES. And what a dumb explaination..that he KNEW that question would be asked next...so, what does he have...ESP, now? Is John a PSYCHIC?? How in the world could he have known what the question was going to be??? How stupid does he think we are??? It was subliminal, I believe....he accidently shook his head YES...because he knows who killed his daughter. I believe that she was barely alive after the head blow...and he and Patsy helped to finish her off....with the staging...not realizing that she was STILL alive during the strangulation. SO YES....he helped to kill his daughter.

Toaster said:
Ames said:
I agree....that whole wrist restraint scheme....screams staging. I personally have never heard of anyone being "retrained" before...by having their wrist loosely tied over the cuffs of their sleeves....and 17 inches of cord between each wrist....and the wrists not even being bound BEHIND the back. Well....there is ONE person....if we are to believe the Ramsey's intruder theory....JONBENET. Yeah, right. There is NO way that would have restrained her. And IF she had been strangled FIRST...those loosely bound hands, with 17 inches of cord between them, in FRONT of her...would have been clawing at her neck, and trying to remove that cord, so that she could breathe. IMO
/QUOTE]
You need 17 inches to reach around the water heater in the basement that she was tied to by the hand restraints.

So, in your scenario, she was tied to the water heater. How did they take her off of it, without removing the restraints...and WHY did they not remove the restraints? Did they remove her, and then tie her hands again? Or did they just lift her from it, without untying the wrist restraints?

coloradokares said:
Toaster is it? How was she restrained to a water heater that only required an additional 17 inches to encompass the circomference of the water heater? Those are usually pretty big aren't (?) Or is what your picturing reaching around some other portion of the hot water heater than the tank portion itself. I man I'd think that would have taken more than 17 inches is what I saying and I don't think they restrained her to the hot water tank . I think it was staging.
SO DO I!!

Ames said:
So, in your scenario, she was tied to the water heater. How did they take her off of it, without removing the restraints...and WHY did they not remove the restraints? Did they remove her, and then tie her hands again? Or did they just lift her from it, without untying the wrist restraints?
I think the autopsy report or a police interview they mention it is a slip knot. They loosen the loop and pull it off her hand and then put it back on and pull it tight. It's a very effective way of restraining a child to molest her.

Toaster said:
I think the autopsy report or a police interview they mention it is a slip knot. They loosen the loop and pull it off her hand and then put it back on and pull it tight. It's a very effective way of restraining a child to molest her.
Our water heater is bigger around than that. Are you suggesting that she was tied to ANOTHER part of the heater?

Ames said:
I also believe that the wine cellar was "Plan B"...and that they had at first intended to get rid of the body...maybe that was John's idea...and Patsy couldn't bare the thoughts of it, for some reason...or maybe they just ran out of time.
I vote for they ran out of time,since the 911 call came in so late, in accordance with what their original plans were to leave for MI that morning.

Ames said:
Yep, I thought it was pretty fascinating too. I am sure, that if questioned about that...he would say, that he simply meant that the gown was OUT OF PLACE. But, the way he worded it.....it wasn't SUPPOSED to be there....sounds like it wasn't part of the staging...and he doesn't know how it ended up there. Thats the way that I take it. (Thats why I believe that static cling had it attached to the blanket...that was used to wrap her in...that had been in the dryer. I don't even think that they realized, in their haste and panic, that the gown was taken out with the blanket...and left with her. And THATS why John says....that the gown "wasn't supposed to be there". IMO
I recall LHP saying PR forgot to put fabric softener sheets in all the time,so it likely was static cling,IMO.

Solace said:
Sort of like the way he shook his head "yes" when asked by M. Tracey (the lowest of the lowest) on the latest documentary shown in England, if he killed his daughter. Then after several shakes of the head, he seemed to have realized and said something like "I would have given my life for JonBenet" and started shaking his head no.

Ames, if someone asked you if you killed your child (sorry about the question, but sometimes to drive my point, I have to - so we can realize how horrible it is). So if someone asked you if you did that, do you think you would be shaking your head yes in any way, shape or form. I say no. You would not. And I know John would have us believe that the shaking of the head is a realization that the question would be asked. Just like the perennial smirk he has on his face. The half smile that just doesn't leave. He really is an .
agreed.he's very smug about getting away with it all,which is why I think he played a part in it.

Toaster said:
Water heaters are 2-3 feet in diameter. With her arms wrapped around it, you just need a short piece of chord to connect her hands.
O

Granted model design changes allowed for I just tried to reach around ours and I'd need more than 17 inches of cord. Not that its a scientifc survery on short squatty water heaters or tall skinny cyndrical ones..?

What about if she'd been posed on the bed,with the loops(small ones),looped over the bedposts,arms above her head and spread apart????

Toaster said:
Is it at least six feet tall? If it is, do me a favor and reach around your water heater with both hands (give it a hug) and have someone measure how far apart your hands are.
LOL...okay. How tall was the Ramsey's water heater??

JMO8778 said:
I vote for they ran out of time,since the 911 call came in so late, in accordance with what their original plans were to leave for MI that morning.
The only thing about that is....how much more time would it have taken for them to tie her hands TOGETHER? Binding them together, IMO..would have taken LESS time, than to bind each wrist separately. As far as the extra rope goes...why not leave it at the ends...with a little extra cord hanging down from each wrist, if they wanted to make sure that all of the rope was used. That's the reason that I believe that rigormortis had already started to set in....I believe that the wrist restraints....(can we REALLY call them RESTRAINTS...because thats not what they were)....were the last part of the stage....and that since the other staging took so long...rigormortis had already started to set in, and her arms could not be moved together, so that the wrist could be bound together.

JMO8778 said:
agreed.he's very smug about getting away with it all,which is why I think he played a part in it.
For sure...he has that permagrin going on. There is a video on youtube...of Patsy crying on John's shouder...and he is talking to her with this huge grin on his face...just like the cat that ate the canary.

Ames said:
For sure...he has that permagrin going on. There is a video on youtube...of Patsy crying on John's shouder...and he is talking to her with this huge grin on his face...just like the cat that ate the canary.
What's it called?

TIA!

narlacat said:
What's it called?

TIA!

Try this....

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=jonbenet+ramsey+&search=Search

There a tons of JonBenet Tribute Videos on youtube...but, I cannot remember which one. I am going to try to narrow it down for you, but until I can get that done....try the link above, and just start watching. I will try to get back to you soon, so that you want have to watch them all. They are pretty sad though...I cried when I watched them.

Toaster said:
It looks about 6 feet tall, not that wide at all.
Water Heater

Its right next to the window vent that the scream was suppose to have come from.
Hmmmm..very interesting. But a 6 year old's arms would be shorter than an adults. I would need rope to get my arms around ours, but a six year old would need a great deal of rope...I don't think that 17 inches would cut it.

Ames said:
Try this....

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=jonbenet+ramsey+&search=Search

There a tons of JonBenet Tribute Videos on youtube...but, I cannot remember which one. I am going to try to narrow it down for you, but until I can get that done....try the link above, and just start watching. I will try to get back to you soon, so that you want have to watch them all. They are pretty sad though...I cried when I watched them.
Thank you Ames.

I didn't realise there was any JBR stuff on youtube.

I have seen alot elsewhere, and yes...very sad :(

narlacat said:
Thank you Ames.

I didn't realise there was any JBR stuff on youtube.

I have seen alot elsewhere, and yes...very sad :(

You are quite welcome narlacat. I am still trying to narrow down the search for you. I saw it on one of those many youtube JB tribute videos....I just cannot remember which one. DOGGONE IT.... I will keep looking, though. Its on there...I promise. (John practically laughing as Patsy is seen crying on his shoulder....geez...he is a warped man). Theres a place that you can comment on the videos...and there were several comments about his demeaner....while Patsy was crying on his shoulder).

Ames said:
You are quite welcome narlacat. I am still trying to narrow down the search for you. I saw it on one of those many youtube JB tribute videos....I just cannot remember which one. DOGGONE IT.... I will keep looking, though. Its on there...I promise. (John practically laughing as Patsy is seen crying on his shoulder....geez...he is a warped man). Theres a place that you can comment on the videos...and there were several comments about his demeaner....while Patsy was crying on his shoulder).
Ames
Don't bother too much, I thought it might be a quick and easy thing- I will try looking myself and if I find it I will post it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back