Why Were There 17 Inches Of Cord Between The Wrist Ligatures?

Why Were There 17 Inches Of Cord Between The Wrist Ligatures?

• Rigormortis had started setting in, and her arms/wrists couldn't move closer.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • The Ramsey's were in a hurry to finish the staging.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
narlacat said:
Ames
Don't bother too much, I thought it might be a quick and easy thing- I will try looking myself and if I find it I will post it.
I found it 20 min. ago, but I am having trouble posting for some reason...my computer is acting all screwy tonight.

Its....JONBENET RAMSEY: SOMEWHERE
By: jess9191

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l0aEYkjGtPU

Toaster said:
I think the autopsy report or a police interview they mention it is a slip knot. They loosen the loop and pull it off her hand and then put it back on and pull it tight. It's a very effective way of restraining a child to molest her.
:confused: Surely if her arms were out in front of her, wrapped around the heater, the front of her body would be up close to the heater also.. therefore "access" (for want of a better word) to molest here would have been difficult?

narlacat said:
Hey thanks Ames!!

Edit to add:
Why on earth would he be smiling like that.
YOU ARE WELCOME!!

I don't think that he can help it. Its a permagrin...or a permasmirk...in his case.
That's one of the reasons that I say that he doesn't act and DIDN'T act...like a grieving father. I mean, ....who in the world smiles....while consoling a grieving spouse? Or smirks almost the whole time that they are being interviewed about their dead daughter? I can only think of ONE person....JOHN RAMSEY. And why?....Because, IMO he is NOT a grieving father, because he either helped killed his daughter...or helped to cover it up, after someone else did.

KBUK said:
:confused: Surely if her arms were out in front of her, wrapped around the heater, the front of her body would be up close to the heater also.. therefore "access" (for want of a better word) to molest here would have been difficult?
Very good point...and as I pointed out in an earlier post, she would have needed alot more than 17 inches of rope between her wrists, if she was going to be attached around a water heater. A six year old's arms are a whole lot more shorter than and adults...and I can't get my arms around my water heater, I would need about 17 inches of rope, my own self....that would mean that a 6 year old would need more. IMO

You know what really bothered me about JR (bothered me recently anyway) was his appearance on Larry King Live when LK asked him to describe what JB was like. There was no joy in his answer. He described her once again as a "sparkplug"..and left it at that. I would have imagined a father fawning over his deceased daughter. Call me biased but I took his answer to mean she was a handful (difficult to deal with maybe?). I hope I'm describing his response accurately. There just didn't seem to be a connection with his daughter.

Where is the anguish? Where is the love? The seems to always be a distancing in response to JB.

Veronica10 said:
You know what really bothered me about JR (bothered me recently anyway) was his appearance on Larry King Live when LK asked him to describe what JB was like. There was no joy in his answer. He described her once again as a "sparkplug"..and left it at that. I would have imagined a father fawning over his deceased daughter. Call me biased but I took his answer to mean she was a handful (difficult to deal with maybe?). I hope I'm describing his response accurately. There just didn't seem to be a connection with his daughter.

Where is the anguish? Where is the love? The seems to always be a distancing in response to JB.
Veronica: There is another thread here and I forget which one. I will find it re the douching theory and it is from Colorado. It is very interesting.

And you are the best also.

Veronica10 said:
<snip>There just didn't seem to be a connection with his daughter.

Exactly...now compare that with the way he goes on and on and on about his inability to cope with Beth's death, and all that he lost when she was killed, how much she meant to him, and how he's still grieving and can't get over her death. It's the complete opposite of how he's responded to JonBenet's murder.

The old "sparkplug" comment. And saying JB was "100% Patsy." It's like he never even really knew JonBenet all that well...I was so SO disappointed that the Rs didn't spend more time in DOI talking about JonBenet and who she really was and less time talking about themselves. Even when Patsy is describing things like JB's birth, her relation of the story focuses more on her herself than on JonBenet. I just keep wondering...who was the real JonBenet? What was she really like? I don't think she really was who J&P want us to believe she was.

Veronica10 said:

Veronica: Under "Stun Gun Marks" Post number 113 and 115. Very interesting.

Ames said:
LOL....Yeah, Solace cracked me up when I read that.
Solace if I read you correctly and I think I did. :laugh: Did you really say A--hole?
:woohoo:

coloradokares said:
Solace if I read you correctly and I think I did. :laugh: Did you really say A--hole?
:woohoo:
I am afraid I did Colorado. His smirk was more than I could take at that moment.:furious:

Veronica10 said:

Veronica JonBenet was by all accounts delightful and yet ...could be demanding and difficult as well. Remember Patsy had cancer John was gone alot. So the kids well the kids ..hmmmm Burke was said to whittle at will around the house and they were quite mmmmmmm cute but pressing the boundaries. JonBenet was witnessed kicking Patsy at a one of the pagents. But you know the 5-6 year old child will test every boundary. Some parents roll with it and roll with it. Then pow.... Just as in expample the red shirt and the My Twin Doll. Perhaps John lost the ability to connect in the ongoing grief he was experiencing after the loss of Beth as well. And just wrapped everything into Access Graphics etc.......just a thought you know.

I hate being the heavy here, but there's an error in this thread that should be corrected.

The length of the cord on the wrists was not 17" and JonBenet's hands were lashed together at the wrists when John found her. He untied the knot holding the left wrist.

The 17" long cord was the one that was tied to the ligature around JonBenet's neck and ended at the opposite end with multiple wraps around the wooden handle.

The ligature knot on the right wrist had two tails; one tail was 15.5 " long and ended in a double loop which at one time had been wrapped around JonBenet's left wrist. The other tail was 5.5" long and went nowhere.

BlueCrab

Toaster said:
A six foot tall person could wrap their arms around the water heater in that photo and touch their hands together.
5'two and under needs help.

BlueCrab said:
I hate being the heavy here, but there's an error in this thread that should be corrected.

The length of the cord on the wrists was not 17" and JonBenet's hands were lashed together at the wrists when John found her. He untied the knot holding the left wrist.

The 17" long cord was the one that was tied to the ligature around JonBenet's neck and ended at the opposite end with multiple wraps around the wooden handle.

The ligature knot on the right wrist had two tails; one tail was 15.5 " long and ended in a double loop which at one time had been wrapped around JonBenet's left wrist. The other tail was 5.5" long and went nowhere.

BlueCrab
Please list your source...TIA.

Solace said:
I am afraid I did Colorado. His smirk was more than I could take at that moment.:furious:
Don't ya know...that he probably gets on these boards, and reads what all of us say....and probably laughs his stupid, little, smirky butt off....because he (and Patsy) got away with murder.

Ames said:
Don't ya know...that he probably gets on these boards, and reads what all of us say....and probably laughs his stupid, little, smirky butt off....because he (and Patsy) got away with murder.
I nominate this as post of the week.
woohoo.gif
clap.gif

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members