GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Was anyone else surprised by the prosecution’s rebuttal closing remarks? I think he went too far by saying that NM always lies and is “weird”. ( can’t remember the exact words he used, maybe he said bizarre)

I feel his rebuttal would have been much stronger if he hadn’t just parroted the teens’ descriptions. It put him on the same level as the teens— not a good look for an adult. IMO.

Which photo was that? TIA
The specific photo was from the only known lynching in Roanoke VA, where the man was accused of brutally beating a local socialite nearly to death. The details of what he was accused of were gory. The people pulled him out of jail and lynched him in front of his tearful sister. They put up a sign in the city about it and I looked it up. I don’t remember the names and I’m not looking it up again. Once was enough. But probably all photographed lynchings look the same.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this before. Maybe the ship has sailed on the NM lying discussion. But he is from Romania, and that is one of the countries over there where the police are corrupt. He may have an ingrained distrust of police that would be hard to get past in emergencies.

Edit: I’m not from Romania and obviously I don’t know. Just what I’ve heard.

Bbm.
Really ?

I thought he came over to them , with his snorkel and face mask in hand in the first video.
At some point he seems to drop the items in his hand after grabbing onto the inner tubes; at which point the younger people start haranguing him.
Curious to see how this will conclude.
I do agree with above poster who mentioned the possibility of civil suits.
Omo.

There are two videos. When he "ran up on them" that was the second video. It wasn't at all the beginning of their interaction. The first video shows him looking for the phone. Someone asks what he's doing. (He and the final teen testifying says looking for a phone). Camera guy says "what did you say? Looking for little girls?". Then they start taunting him calling him a raper and pedophile. That video ends with him walking away.

The second video is where he thinks he sees the phone and comes back to them. Loses his snorkel stuff and walks around the tubes looking for it.

There is the very first video it is only about 6 seconds long where they first see him and start yelling to him. I don't have a link to the video, but here is a link to the video from the courtroom where they come back in to play the videos.
Wow thanks for linking, I hadn't seen that before. Starts at around 3:38, yells can be heard "grown man wants to have sex with little girls" "watch out" "he's a raper", NM is walking away from them and turns around at the same time that someone says "he's a raper," not sure if there was a statement just before that that caused him to turn around.

This is actually the first time I'm seeing the whole longer video as well. Was it shared before? The Court TV video I watched turned the camera away from the screens and just recorded the audio. Really highlights how quickly things occurred--even after AJ was stabbed, people are still yelling "he hit a woman" and laughing.

Purely my opinion of Miu watching the whole trial so far. Very high opinion of himself, and does not like his ego challenged. Seems he was very accomplished in his studies and employment. And was use to being treated a certain way.
Well, Jeez, wouldn’t any of us be like that too? Arrogance and innocence may look the same on the outside. You’d be angry and indignant either way! I can’t imagine being hauled up in court and then being like, gosh guys, it’s understandable y’all think it’s me…

Wow thanks for linking, I hadn't seen that before. Starts at around 3:38, yells can be heard "grown man wants to have sex with little girls" "watch out" "he's a raper", NM is walking away from them and turns around at the same time that someone says "he's a raper," not sure if there was a statement just before that that caused him to turn around.

This is actually the first time I'm seeing the whole longer video as well. Was it shared before? The Court TV video I watched turned the camera away from the screens and just recorded the audio. Really highlights how quickly things occurred--even after AJ was stabbed, people are still yelling "he hit a woman" and laughing.
So did NM say when he was testifying that he did NOT hear the filming kid saying these things? I was not sure if I imagined that or misunderstood.

There is a longer 1st video. That is only a small portion.

Here's the whole video and the kid that filmed it.

I’ve been thinking about the stab wounds. How much force would NM have had to use to cause such deep and deadly wounds like he did with a small pocket knife? I keep thinking he had to have used quite a bit of force and strength to cause the wounds he did. If what I’m thinking is true, he meant to cause significant damage. jmo
If the knife was sharp, it would not take much force, especially since all the teens/young people I saw seemed to be leaning toward him. Remember that none of them were standing on flat ground. It was a rocky river bed. Were some of them barefoot? If so, that would make staying stable harder too, and make it more possible to fall into the knife.

This one is not so much an uninformed opinion. My spouse is a knife collector.

Another video from far away shows MIU going after Dante? to stab him. I think it was Dante. It was the last boy he stabbed.
I guess that would be the third video someone else filmed but it's so blurry you really can't make anything out.

Does anyone know why people keep saying "for the culture" in the comments on the video?
There are websites where young people upload videos of themselves doing daring things like jumping from one tall building to another, drinking a gallon of pickle juice, fighting each other, or ganging up on supposed pedophiles because they have been watching too much Chris Hansen. It is their “culture” like bitterly minding your own business is the culture of my generation.

Posted 2 hours ago:

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Jury is back in court. They want to watch the Jawahn Cockfield witness cellphone videos again.

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Adding one more charge to graphics below: Battery of Madison Coen, meaning blonde tuber Miu allegedly struck in the river to spark the physical confrontation. Jury was handed case an hour ago. They were to start w/ lunch, then deliberations.

Day 8 - Deliberations

2 p.m.
After being out for just over 90 minutes, the jury requested to view some of the video clips shot of the deadly conflict on the Apple River. Judge R. Michael Waterman ruled that jurors could view the clips, but that he would not allow the video to be released into the jury room and they would have to come back into the courtroom to see them.
Both the prosecution and defense constructed their cases heavily using the Apple River video, and regularly referred to specific clips both during testimony and throughout closing arguments.

Court TV just announced the jury went home for the day but told the Judge they want to watch the video again in the morning when they return.

Seems like perhaps the jury has the same issue we have in this thread, some see the video one way and some see it the other way.

I guess that would be the third video someone else filmed but it's so blurry you really can't make anything out.
There is, and then the video shot by someone in Miu's group that showed Miu back on his tube and some guy in the woods by the bank.
On blurred one, I think you can see Miu stabbing one of the boys and the boy bending over.

There is, and then the video shot by someone in Miu's group that showed Miu back on his tube and some guy in the woods by the bank.
On blurred one, I think you can see Miu stabbing one of the boys and the boy bending over.
Nobody in his group took any video. There was a blurry video (phone got wet) taken by someone completely unrelated.

Or.... as I saw in another trial recently, the jury wanted to devils-advocate their concensus, to ensure they'd exhausted the defense's defense before returning their guilty verdict.

It remains for me that, if he thought they had the phone, he could have called the police who could have waited downstream to question them and cite them accordingly.

We don't get to take the law into our own hands.

I do wonder what this trial would have looked like without the videos.

Now I wait on the jury because my opinion carries no weight there.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie