GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

I don't know who said that hitting a person on the left with a left hand is physically impossible, however, I can dispute that definitively. One can backhand another with their left hand to the left side of the other person easily, and one can backhand someone to the right side with their right hand. It's very 'physically possible' and happens more than it ought to.

I honestly detest the way that this younger generation 'videos' for fox sake, hold a steady frame and stay focused on what is happening in front of your face! Jmho
I believe I was the one who said it and I was repeating what I heard on Court TV from the MC testimony which we could not see or hear. You say "backhand" but what MC said was "punch".

I agree. Had the 2 'girls' stayed away i don't think anyone would have been hurt. I don't think the boys would have taken it to a physical level. May be wrong as they were closing in around him... but the extra people defin. made it much much worse. And drunk mouthy MC pushed it over the edge. MOO
The girls came from the Carlson party. As did boys Dante, Tony and AJ. NM approached the teens, the Isaac group, and the Carlson group came charging in. It seems the girls got there first and the boys jumped in to protect their girls. One of who claimed to get punched. It is sad this is a public trial and any prospective employer who Google checks their names is going to learn their lack of integrity and possibly get passed over for a nice job where such a thing is valued.

I believe I was the one who said it and I was repeating what I heard on Court TV from the MC testimony which we could not see or hear. You say "backhand" but what MC said was "punch".
True. However, the two can feel very similar depending upon the force behind it. And being as inebriated as MC likely was, it's doubtful that she would have capacity to discern which force impacted her face. I've been a recipient of a more than one backhand, I can tell you most assuredly that it can feel as forceful as a punch.

True. However, the two can feel very similar depending upon the force behind it. And being as inebriated as MC likely was, it's doubtful that she would have capacity to discern which force impacted her face. I've been a recipient of a more than one backhand, I can tell you most assuredly that it can feel as forceful as a punch.
Quoting myself just to add: This may also explain a lack of any redness/swelling/bruising on MC as a backhand can hurt like a SOB and knock the sense out of you for a spell and also not leave behind much of a signature unless it contacts just right to a cheekbone or eye socket.

A young woman also had every right to be there, it was a public space!
But nobody has the right to touch you without your consent.

You have a right to tell someone to get away from you, even aggressively, and not get stabbed.
The young people were using their words, why didn't Miu use his words like a big boy?

Miu is the only one responsible for his actions. If he has no control over himself, he needs to be confined.
And MC is also responsible for her actions...yes? Big girl used her words, aggressively as you pointed out. Acts of aggression often lead to violence because the recipient feels threatened.

I’ve been thinking about the stab wounds. How much force would NM have had to use to cause such deep and deadly wounds like he did with a small pocket knife? I keep thinking he had to have used quite a bit of force and strength to cause the wounds he did. If what I’m thinking is true, he meant to cause significant damage. jmo

As explained by the defense attorney (paraphrasing) that self-defense must be reasonable - is your conduct reasonable - did you need to use lethal force - did you believe you were seriously in danger of bodily harm?
Tomorrow during closing arguments we may year the term 'disparity of force.' Below is the Bing compilation definition that anyone can search up. I thought it was concise and easy to read but I am not including the 5 different links. The defense will say 13-to-1 and the prosecution will say 5-to-1.

Screenshot_20240409-191024_Samsung Internet.jpg

He lied, thinking he'd get away with it because he wasn't aware of the video!
I was just about the write the same thing! NC was so wrapped up in his own world he forgot teenagers have their phones glued to their hand , ready to film at any split second . Folk NCs age ( and mine) that's not our 1st thought to film so I wonder how he felt when he was told a video of almost all the incident existed.
On a separate note , Ariel and Ernesto (?) . Why did they not rush to dial help or report NC ? Why did they not tell others in their group about injuries and blood ? . They were beside NC at one point , hear the shouting and screaming yet floated away down the river to the end as if oblivious to the havoc . And what about the knife . It was found nearby on the riverbank . Did they not observe NC tossing knife ?
Watched the video again after hearing almost all witnesses , did notice a lot more detail 2nd watch . But did throw up more questions .

His "I don't remember anything, but also I do know I was so frightened I didn't even want to speak to the police that were literally right there" defense is complete garbage; I'm sorry. He KNOWS he was terrified enough to use lethal force on unarmed drunk morons, but he also doesn't remember flat-out lying about absolutely all of it TO THE POLICE?? Please. If he had IMMEDIATELY found the cops, or called 911 and screamed about how terrified he was and how some kids just tried to kill him so he had to start stabbing people with a knife he had for some reason/[edit: still had on him and at the ready when he said he didn't even plan to still be carrying it at that point], I could MAYBE see attempting his argument. OR if he'd automatically attempted the tried-and-true immediate defense of "I dunno what happened; I just blacked out!" (not that that often works especially when there is literally VIDEO of the event), but to give a DETAILED recounting and THEN later claim you were just spewing nonsense at the time because you were, what? In some sort of trance state that makes you imagine fake scenarios??? Sure dude.

He was drunk, the kids were drunk and high and being idiots, the other group were also being drunk idiots, and every single person in this situation should have AT WORST maybe gotten shoved away from somebody. The fact that anyone left in a body bag is bananas, and that's on him.

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about the stab wounds. How much force would NM have had to use to cause such deep and deadly wounds like he did with a small pocket knife? I keep thinking he had to have used quite a bit of force and strength to cause the wounds he did. If what I’m thinking is true, he meant to cause significant damage. jmo
That knife must of been (kept)really sharp.
He said on the stand he used it for work.

As a juror. I don’t like the lies NM told about the knife. He said he turned the boys knives they were holding and stabbed them with their own knives. He hid the knife on the river bank post stabbing. And that bodycam of him in police car acting like he knew nothing!
Why lie if you are the victim.. who feared for your life.

Moo

His "I don't remember anything, but also I do know I was so frightened I didn't even want to speak to the police that were literally right there" defense is complete garbage; I'm sorry. He KNOWS he was terrified enough to use lethal force on unarmed drunk morons, but he also doesn't remember flat-out lying about absolutely all of it TO THE POLICE?? Please. If he had IMMEDIATELY found the cops, or called 911 and screamed about how terrified he was and how some kids just tried to kill him so he had to start stabbing people with a knife he had for some reason, I could MAYBE see attempting his argument. OR if he'd automatically attempted the tried-and-true immediate defense of "I dunno what happened; I just blacked out!" (not that that often works especially when there is literally VIDEO of the event), but to give a DETAILED recounting and THEN later claimed you were just spewing nonsense at the time because you were, what? In some sort of trance state that makes you imagine fake scenarios??? Sure dude.

He was drunk, the kids were drunk and high and being idiots, the other group were also being drunk idiots, and every single person in this situation should have AT WORST maybe gotten shoved away from somebody. The fact that anyone left in a body bag is bananas, and that's on him.
Some people do bring a pocket knife when tubing. Someone usually has one when we go. It's used to cut the rope at the end

Some people do bring a pocket knife when tubing. Someone usually has one when we go. It's used to cut the rope at the end

I know; I heard them cover that in the trial. I guess I should rephrase to "a knife he had at the ready somehow", because from how the information was presented and according to the defendant himself, HE didn't "know" he had it on him still.

At any rate: that is a really minor part of why I'm not buying his story.

If WSers have not seen Eric Von Williams testify it is worth watching. He was in Miu's group.
The group had previously seen the teens and noticed they were drunk and decided as a group NOT to stop by them.

When Miu decided to go over to the teens, Williams told LE later that he was worried the teens would think Miu was a PREDATOR. So Miu made a conscious choice to go over to the teens.

When Miu decided to go over to the teens, Williams told LE later that he was worried the teens would think Miu was a PREDATOR.

100% agree. Unfortunately his sentiment shows only that Eric is an upstanding gentleman and human being. Eric, this man, seems to be the ONLY one who can see the big picture and notices how an older male entering the sphere of a bunch of young fit males in bathing suits could be perceived poorly.

Eric's the only one wise enough to see the percieved intention here. It's not that Eric suspects NM, but knows that, as a male, his actions could be seen this way. Too bad no one paid Eric any attention on this. To me it seems the need to be a bit macho (or "hero", to be the guy who saved the day by finding the lost cell phone) among the group of older couples was more important to NM.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back