Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see that super creepy comment thread posted on reddit 2wks ago? Suspicious as hell IMO.

If this is about that account with a name like barron hunter or something- that's just a troll. Reddit knows who the user is and it is not this guy. Just someone trying to get attention. This was discussed previously on this thread.

Here are some of my initial thoughts on the PC (head and emotions are still reeling so this might not be my most eloquent or clear post):

LE has stated they are currently serving searching warrants and this is still an active and fluid investigation and Jayme has been medically cleared and the questioning begins as LE gains more information. However, and I say this after watching infinite PCs, that IMO LE does likely know the answer to some of the questions that they said they do not not know but a)doesn’t want to say as these details would be too disturbing for the general public as the whole country is watching this PC and b) is going to measures to protect the victim’s privacy and rightfully so. There is no way though that these details will not eventually come out considering the interest and publicity in this case unless documents are redacted - I feel bad for Jayme that her classmates will likely learn what type of indignities she likely suffered.

Secondly, my first impression when they showed his mugshot was “that little punk??” Meaning I think I expected someone bigger or something...
He looks pretty big to me, he might be short, but he's big across the shoulder area if you look there.

Yep. At the time, no one could fathom that the suspect might have no connection to the family. I'm ashamed to say I really thought the father must have somehow been involved. There was no family connection at all. They lived close to the interstate highway, and that was the only reason.
That's the reason???

For those who are criticizing law enforcement's comments at the press conference, unless you have been in their shoes please don't. In this day and age, LE is criticized harshly for basically doing their job. And rarely do they receive acknowledgement for the incredible sacrifices they make. It is appropriate for them to acknowledge and support each other, and IMO that is what they were doing at the PC. Not as a "Hey, we're great, and we solved this case on our own" kind of thing, but as a demonstration of respect and acknowledgement to each other for the tremendous efforts they have all put forth for Jayme. The Thin Blue Line brotherhood understands the toll a case like this takes on an LEO, and IMO they are simply acknowledging the endless hours, sleepless nights, unbelievably high frustration, and frankly, totally unexpected glorious outcome. The fact that they did this does not take away from anyone else. It does not change or diminish the fact that Jayme was her own hero. LE sees an inordinate amount of tragedy, heartbreak, and darkness throughout their careers. No one requests LE because they are having a good day. Allow them this brief time of light. And please remember that while Jayme's case has come to the conclusion that everyone has been hoping and praying for, all of these LE professionals are likely currently working on multiple cases that will not. If they read these threads, and some of them probably do, your words serve no purpose but to hurt and discourage. They need and deserve our support and encouragement. Please.

I think that these LE officers are just inexperienced with press conferences and are honestly letting their own emotions come through. They're so very happy that this was resolved peacefully and with Jayme alive.

While I understand being happy I thought the ones standing behind the sheriff who were seen as he was speaking behaved unprofessionally. They are the supporting cast at that point and have their chance to emote when they go up to the mike and take center stage. I thought their body language and expressions were distracting as the sheriff was speaking.

There was a livestream on YT like 12 hours ago with a well-known crime sleuth guy. One of the live commenters was adamant that Jake Patterson AND ANOTHER PERSON, also named, were the perps. If you weren't there at the time, you would have missed it. I was there. I have not mentioned or hinted the name to anyone though. The commenter seemed to be a middle-aged male but I did not screen shot or have any record and have no idea who he is from Adam. That's why Ive been sitting on the name Jake Patterson (and another name) all day. I hope this is helpful and allowed information Gitana.
She might be referring in anyone's radar, before Jayme was found. Not after

One article mentioned he siphoned gas as a teenager from a neighbor. With almost nobody living there he could have hunted/trapped food, had a wood stove, etc. Left as little as possible - she would have escaped earlier if she could have!

There was a comment from a neighbor that there we lots of people going in and out if the residence. And he supposedly owned several vehicles. IMO, drugs were his income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici