Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have had the chance to celebrate two very important events. 1. Knowing precious sweet Jayme is alive which is one of God's miracles. 2. Celebrating my sweet husband's birthday as well.

These are two special events I will always remember. They both bring me such happiness and great joy.

I see some say things like what happened to Denise, Jim and Jayme just doesnt happen due to being randomly targeted by someone neither of them knew.

I find that quite puzzling since I and other posters have linked and discussed many cases where it has happened. It will happen again too in the future unfortunately.

Strangers do very bad things to very good people and this is another example of it.

Yes it's the most scariest thing to reconcile for it means if it can happen to Jayme and her family then it can happen to anyone. Running away from it doesn't bring the awareness it needs. Imo

How many cases have we seen here in the past few years where unimaginable horrifying violent acts have happened to good families when an evil stranger or strangers crossed paths with these very good families? Way too many.

For some reason stranger home invasions are on the rise and innocent victims are being brutally murdered with some being kidnapped with many found murdered later on. Thank God Jayme will not be added to that statistic.

Why are stranger murderers and sexual predators becoming so bold? IDK. But it seems to happen often now.

I am elated to know Jayme will be returning to her family. Her journey to healing will be long but I have no doubt this brave child will certainly get there.

Imo this always had the same feeling as another stranger predator case like Joe Duncan and many similiar cases I've seen on ID for several years.

When LE found nothing whatsoever that would assist them in finding the suspect I felt it had to be done by a stranger.

Nothing else made sense based on everything Fitzgerald had said for 3 months.

Someone mentioned on the closed thread the reason Jayme was found in such poor hygiene condition was due to the age of the perp. I respectfully disagree. I know teen boys and men in their 20s who take two showers a day at least.

It obvious he treated Jayme so inhumanely by not feeding her or even letting her have basic hygiene. Yet his photo shows he cared only about taking care of himself and cared nothing about his kidnapped victim as he controlled her life for 3 nightmarish months.

LE could not find who they did not know even existed. He had no link with any of the victims.

If Jayme had not had the courage to escape from this evil man this case may have remained unsolved or he may have wound up killing her too. Although i know LE wouldnt have ever stopped trying to solve the case and who had kidnapped Jayme.

Now Jayme knows she is the one who will make sure her loving parents receive justice.

After all Shasta Greone had endured she wanted to testify against the vile murderer and sexual predator who destroyed her family and Shasta was only 8 years old when kidnapped.

Praying for Jayme.

She is truly a hero! With Jayme all of the truth will come to the light and will never be hidden in evil darkness like the suspect intended for it to be.

Imo

Last edited:
I have to wonder if he may have had some type of employment at her school at some point. For his age, maybe a custodian. Saw Jayme frequently as he worked, became infatuated. Wouldn’t have been hard to pull her emergency card or written info if he worked into the evening when most have gone home.
Although he doesn't seem to have much work experience. All we've heard so far is one day at Jennie O. Sounds like he may have had difficulty holding down a job.
He must have seen her somewhere, maybe even outside her house. Imo

I’m not sure if this has already been posted but:
“However, Patterson worked for one day in 2016 at the same Jennie-O turkey plant in Barron as Jayme's parents, Jennie-O Turkey Store President Steve Lykken said. Patterson quit the next day, saying he was moving from the area, Lykken said.”
Please delete if this isn’t allowed
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/madison...7b17b1c8-86fa-5fde-9100-c9af3607befb.amp.html

Working at the plant, even for one day, indicates he was in the area. For the moment, I'm making the assumption he lived in the Barron area and perhaps had noticed Jayme not because he worked at the plant for one day three years ago but because he lived in the area three years ago. Speculation, not fact.
jmo

It was said JP's parents were thought to have moved to the area several years ago and the cabin in Gordon was used on a temporary basis by the sons. I think it was only recently the neighbours noted people coming and going. jmo

Sheriff said the murders/abduction was planned and Jayme was the target: not my definition of 'random'

Hopefully soon we will know the why of JP deciding to target the Closs family....
I always felt like she was a target, otherwise why take her? He could have killed her or left her there if she wasn't a target. Why she was targeted, who knows?

What a week! I definitely have information overload and cannot keep up between the McStay trial, developments in the Berreth case, and now this amazing news. I am so so happy that Jayme is alive. What a scary, yet brave decision it must have been to break away. I can’t even imagine. I’m so thankful she had that opportunity, so many do not. I can’t begin to comprehend what she went through and has ahead of her. It looks like she will have a lot of support from her family and the community. God Bless her!

The first news I saw this morning 'JC is found safe and alive', what a great day and a courageous young girl!! I am sure so many things went thru her mind before she put her first step out that home.....I cant imagine what she went thru since Oct 15th. As a mom of an young 14 year old girl, I cringed every time I saw or read something on the news about this case. Glad she is reunited with her family as I type this... BRAVO JAYME CLOSS!!
Watched LE's news conference, I didnt have good vibes when so much of credit was given to them, but then I realized that these people put up 88 days of hard work day and night only thinking of this case. Also for most of the cases besides LE, there will be a hero and fortunately or unfortunately it is the victim herself. So let us commend them for their efforts.
Lastly I wish rots in Wisconsin jail with LWOP alongside CW(Colorado dad who took away 4 precious lives) and they both be dreading for their life every single minute!

Just an observation based on a Facebook photo that is being used by the media (the one with the suspect with two female family members).

A friend asks the original poster “Is Jake leaving soon?”

The poster responds “as of now, August 17th is when he leaves.”

This sounds to me like a boot camp ship date, which in my experience, can change.

If he did go off to boot camp, I’m assuming that he was sent home prior to graduation, or was given the boot not long into his service.

Most enlistments are four years, and the time that has past since the date of the photo, doesn’t compute.

I may be wrong about this, as we haven’t heard about any sort of military service, but I just wanted to point it out.

Was this in 2018?

I don't really think it's a ''cabin', at least not what I picture a cabin to be. It's value is $100,000 two bedrooms on 2 1/2 acres. Until a few years ago it was a permanent residence where the family lived. I'm just posting this so people don't get the idea it is a clapboard shack in the woods. This is just my opinion based on research I've put together myself. Not a place to me you would suspect or choose to be a hideout for a kidnapped child. Thank goodness it wasn't a shack in the middle of the the woods and it had people close.

I have tried everything to get a look at the house/cabin. All I get on google maps is aerial shots. I'm in Thailand, so maybe I'm blocked. Does anyone have a photo or can direct me to another source?. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member