Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Gates feels he has autism.

I have a friend who has an adopted son. When he was a child, he would freak out over sounds such as sirens. He went to community college and my friend drove him the first few times.

He was diagnosed with autism. He took special classes to learn how to communicate with others.

He studied to be LE and was just hired by a police dept to be LE. I am freaked by this because he has obsessions with weapons, for one thing.How he did it is beyond me.

I forget who the other famous people are who feel they have autism
Jenny McCarthy's teen son is -- has his own totally public IG & what not.

But they are not psychotic.
JP absolutely must be - psychotic.

I actually kinda doubt he’s psychotic. Psychosis includes hallucinations or delusions. Psychotic offenders are usually disorganized, irrational and chaotic. It would be unusual to have a completely clear criminal and mental health history at 21. I don’t think someone experiencing psychosis could have carried off this crime without a trace.

Far more likely he’s a sociopath. They are malicious, detailed, usually very rational people with an utter disregard for anything that doesn’t benefit them in some way. They have no regard for laws or rules. Intelligent and motivated but fail to follow any life plans as they believe if they want something it should just be theirs.

not to brag or anything but my kid was playing Fortnite WAY before Drake was. lol. (and yes, he's full non-stop whenever he can; each game is 20 minutes long/timed- FYI) ALSO: he ONLY connects online to homies from school. I know cuz when I do random room checks he'll just hand over his headset to me and not even let his homies know I'm listening. These kiddos cus (high school) but that's the extent I've heard. FWIW.

the ones that do full access online chat? I dunno... not in my house.

TLDR: high school boys seemingly prefer a 'closed' chat w/ homies whilst playing the 20-minute battles on Fortnite. MOO
Go you!
You are paying attention.
The people I know, I doubt are.
IMO

Ha! I was responding specifically to the “grooming comment.”

This guy probably couldn’t spell “groom.”

It’s been reported that he was intelligent and got good grades in school. I’m not sure he was talking to Jayme at all (obviously) but I don’t believe he was a dumb guy. Quite the contrary.

I think the father turning the home over to a credit union 8 days after jayme went missing is suspiciously coincidental... "Ownership of that rural cabin was transferred to a credit union by Patterson's father shortly after Jayme was kidnapped." Jayme Closs' kidnapper's brother has criminal history of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old | Daily Mail Online
Probably bad reporting. It's been reported elsewhere that father "paid off the mortgage."

ETA: Confirming no property transfer-- mortgage was paid off.
Documents show mortgage of cabin released following abduction

Last edited:
If he has autism it's more of an anecdote than a reason for doing what he did. Autism, which is a spectrum disorder meaning that two people with autism can have a completely different severity, doesn't cause violence. There have been many studies looking into the link between autism and violence and the majority have been inconclusive or had pointed to different reasoning still related to autism-
It could be similar to Elliot Rodgers who was claimed to have been diagnosed with Asperger's and as such couldn't communicate well which snowballed in him going on a spree killing because he believed the world was unfair and he'd always be alone. But saying autism was the cause would be the same as saying that Dahmer killed because of his BDP, which while it contributed to his thoughts and reasoning, was just a small factor that typically doesn't lead to the escalation to murder.

That being said, I don't think the perp even had autism, because autism appears from birth and one of the biggest signs is the inability to form friendships in school- something that contradicts what his teacher said about him having a circle of good friends. Going through the DSM-5 and looking at different mental illnesses trying to pinpoint an explanation for why he did what he did isn't helpful as the person in question needs to questioned by a psychologist and throwing random mental illnesses at the wall just promotes the concept that mentally ill people are dangerous.

Hey Everyone,

Quick reminder, we do not allow any type of fundraising links unless the links have been approved by Websleuths management.

This thread will be closed shortly with a new thread opening.

I actually kinda doubt he’s psychotic. (...)
Far more likely he’s a sociopath.
I agree with you, my inclination would be to use the word sociopath. But the terminology seem to be changing from when I learned it, so I was trying to go with the newer terminology. I think the DSM terminology is antisocial personality disorder, but what can I say I took psych in the 70s... they keep changing terminology. I am referring to traits like NO conscience, and NO empathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500