Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing of any great interest to add...just that after reading that full complaint, my stomach is doing flip-flops and my heart just hurts. This poor girl. Her poor family. I can not even imagine. And then having to spend 88 days with this creep after seeing what he did to her parents? It just makes me absolutely sick and heartbroken.

Just to clarify: The officers did not know a woman and child were hiding from a home invasion from the 911 call. This was from an article posted in thread #1:
"Fitzgerald said the 911 call came from the home, but no one was specifically talking to the dispatchers. Investigator are trying to enhance the audio for clues.

“We don’t know why, we don’t know how. We don’t know who made the 911 call," he said. "

Parents found dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

We know exactly what’s sealed MOO.
88 days of unspeakable abuse.

Thank God this has been sealed.

Jayme’s classmates and the whole world don’t have to know about unspeakable indignities and forms of abuse she likely suffered.

Not that she should be ashamed because she is a victim and this was not her fault.

I truly believe all such details should be between her, authorities, medical workers and whomever sheeeeeee chooses to ever tell.
Agree 100%- nobody needs to know that except the judge who throws this into the worst prison cell WI has to offer.

Jayme Closs suspect 'saw her on school bus'

Jayme Closs kidnap: Suspect Jake Patterson 'saw her on school bus'

A Wisconsin man accused of killing a 13-year-old girl's parents so he could kidnap her allegedly made up his mind to snatch her after a chance encounter.

Jake Patterson, 21, told investigators he watched Jayme Closs board a school bus that he had stopped behind while driving to work.

He faces charges of killing Jayme's parents and kidnapping her on 15 October last year.

Jayme escaped last Thursday after three months in captivity, say police.
The charging document quotes Mr Patterson as saying that when he saw Jayme, "he knew that was the girl he was going to take."

Mr Patterson told police he only had worked at the factory for two days, and ended up spotting Jayme on one of the two mornings he drove to work.

The complaint says the accused twice scouted the Closs home near Barron with the plan of taking Jayme.

<RSABBM>

He allegedly told investigators he was driving to his job at a cheese factory one day near the village of Almena when he spotted Jayme get on a school bus.

RBBM

Does anyone recall that very early on in the case, LE went to Almena? I could swear they had done so, looking into something or someone.

I'll try and find that link.

if released someday, God forbids - he will do this again i bet!!

He ain’t going nowhere honey. Thankfully this man will never see the light of day again, knock on wood. Thank God.

—-

How long til he might have decided to “have another one”?

—-

I’ve got nothing else to say right now which doesn’t have curse words in it.

I opened up the tab under history and it shows the word plea to the far right of each charge. Does that mean he is going to plea???? (though what I copied ended up pasting differently below)

The Defendant was charged with the following offense:
Count
Statute cite
940.01(1)(a)
Description
1st-Degree Intentional Homicide
Severity
Felony A
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
940.01(1)(a)
Description
1st-Degree Intentional Homicide
Severity
Felony A
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
940.31(1)(a)
Description
Kidnapping/Carry w/o Consent
Severity
Felony C
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
943.10(2)(a)
Description
Burglary-Armed w/ Dangerous Weapon
Severity
Felony E
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea

No. It's just the way the form appears. The plea (guilty or not guilty) will appear later.

JMO
I hope LE studies their response and this case. It may end up changing the protocol for this sort of home invasion call. Send enough resources to immediately go to the house and have a few responders doing nothing but setting up a road block and stopping ALL cars coming from the scene.
They didn’t know they were responding to a home invasion though.

They were simply responding to a 911 hang up.

By the time they knew what they were dealing with, this guy was long gone.

If he told her to hang up the phone-wouldn't that be on the 911 call? I watched the LE interview the other night and they said there was just a lot of noise on the 911 call. No voices, just sounds of a struggle. Is that possible? Were they instructed using hand motions only, or had the phone already been hung up when he told them to do it? Do police cars have cameras that record? Could they have reviewed footage? I know private citizens who have recording devices that are constantly on in their cars-they are on a loop and it records over the footage if you don't save it in a period of time. Are there any cameras in the town that they could have pulled footage from-like they did with Mollie Tibbetts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500