Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know local GameStop managers by name, most are great, especially with nephews flipping machines every 18 months..

if his only activity is online computer game, that’s odd, bizarre, but y’all know better than most, there are people that make money playing only COD, countersrike, WOW, Fortnite, FIFA, and others.

Stunning if he played game on computer a lot he wouldn’t move into social circles, most games u need tips, or trade weapons.
Most people I’ve met that play even one game only ...have 8/10 people they play with.
I believe I read he wasn't too much into the technology world he mostly read books and journals, I will go look for the article now.

Former friend of Jake Patterson: 'There were no red flags'

Fisher said Patterson didn't want to keep in touch after graduation and had no social media accounts.

it's very easy for people to pretend to go to work and go somewhere else entirely.
would anyone in his circle have noticed if JP didn't go to work anyway?

Agree that isolation works to JTP's advantage of illusion and image control.
To my mind this is a major lesson that the public ought understand activity up to an incident as being suspicious as well.

Hardly BCSD's fault that the signs they shared for public to watch for were a well established pattern 'before' JC's kidnapping, would have taken marginal effort for anyone who knew JTP to ask themselves whether these things applied to anyone they knew. They accepted these signs as 'normal', therefore discounted the homicides & kidnapping in the world in general.

Last edited:
I'm not being difficult. I'm trying to clarify. passing cops prior to the crime (which is what was claimed) is different than after it was complete.

"Prior" was your word, not mine.

I believe I said "at the start" which would have been, according to what we know, within 5 or so minutes he passed by the police with Jayme in the trunk of the car. Coincidentally, he and the police passed each other again "at the end" of the crime 88 days later during her rescue. She was in the police car that time, however, thankfully.

I want to give a shout out for Jayme's parents, James and Denise. Both of them are heroes, trying to protect their daughter. James went to the door to confront whatever was going on to protect his family, losing his life instantly. Denise took her daughter in her arms in the bathtub trying to protect her daughter, only to lose her life too.
They raised a smart, good, strong willed young lady who found her way to freedom under terrifying conditions.

Perfect! Just reading in the CC that JP told DC to tape Jayme's mouth shut brought me to tears. No mother should ever have to endure such pain. I would be banned in a heartbeat if I posted what I truly feel.

Stay strong Jayme and know that many people love you.

A lot of people move to my small town so that they can be quiet and anti-social. It's one of the perks of living here-you don't have to see people if you don't want to. And lots of people don't want to.

These broad brush strokes are killing me.

There is a vast difference in being shy, introverted, preferring quiet places to noisy ones and true anti-social behavior. :)
The person who is anti-social disordered may well be introverted, but anti-social personality includes disruptive acts characterized by covert and overt hostility and intentional aggression toward others.

This is the short version of the long clinical description but it should alleviate the fears of some, if there truly are any.
It is a fact that most people have more introversion than extroversion in their personalities. It's normal. :cool:

snipped

Really? I had not hear that. I heard stolen plates but not that they were from the C's home.
Page 8 of the Complaint says that on one of the nights prior to the actual kidnapping, he drove several miles down the road near Sarona and stole license plates from a vehicle in a yard. Not from JC's home.

Thats true, I was just thinking it doesnt matter what kind of area you are from or living in some people are just different. Alot of people and kids from about the age of 10-25 have no social skills anymore, my daughter is 20 and struggles to have face to face or phone conversations with people she doesn't know mainly and some she does. She would prefer to text and text generally shows no emotion or context. She gets anxiety over it.

This is what I was replying to as well. You can have anti-social or quiet people living in any kind of place. Anti-social personality disorder (which is much different from just being "quiet" or being an introvert) does not limit itself to big cities. Not everyone in small towns is sociable. Sooo many other things go into that besides the population. <modsnipped personal anecdote>

In JP's neighborhood, apparently not everyone who had a place there even lived there year round. It is both surprising and not surprising that few, if any, seemed to know him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The energizer bunny comes to mind. You go until you can't. This is the truth.The only thing I could add is the fog that can take over for months, years, and when it starts to lift, you find yourself alone because everyone has moved on.

Yes! That's a good way of describing it.

Actually, there's limited employment opportunity in/around Gordon. It was reported earlier that his Dad would leave the cabin at 4AM to commute to work. Also, at the time of JP's arrest, he was reportedly using his Mom/Step-Dad's residence as his legal address-- most recently for voter registration. I recall her home reported as 60 miles and/or an hour away from the cabin. However, to my knowledge, there have been no reports of him living there. MOO

ETA: Mom resides in Haugen, WI --per DM

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online

Something very strange about this situation, mother taking on JTP general mail while father shelters him?

What is going on that the Eau Claire Estates address wasn't sufficient?

If we can presume JTP picked up his mail at his mother's home, legally living 'off the radar' at the father's property, driving sibling's vehicle (likely fueled from siphoned gas), soliciting strangers money to do random tasks, while building an impressive resume as a 'quitter'... these smaller aspects all sound like trouble even if not added together.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s the thing.

One moment these people were sleeping peacefully in their beds. In a matter of minutes they experienced the type of terror that cannot be captured in any horror movie.

What happened in that bathroom is just unimaginable.

The stuff of nightmares.
And they were just common ordinary people. Working to provide for their daughter. Bothering no one just being normal. Makes me sick that this had the gaul to do such horror!!!

And they were just common ordinary people. Working to provide for their daughter. Bothering no one just being normal. Makes me sick that this had the gaul to do such horror!!!
Exactly. These weren’t people who engaged in risky behavior, or surrounded themselves with unscrupulous people.

Just a couple of middle aged, middle class parents, trying to raise their daughter.

No one deserves anything like this, but it seems especially tragic when the victims are innocent in every way.

Shame? What has Jayme got to be ashamed of?

Every notorious case creates wagging tongues.

Some are sympathetic, but many tend to direct highly critical questions as often as they can, and as close as they can to the victim/s of the crime.

Bandwagons form with a craving for blood, and they are Vindictive.

It's NEVER about the targeted person, so much as how the event confronts what others think & feel, and they enjoy lashing out to those with least control over these tragedies.

Why this isn't repeated as an automatic reminder here, I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517