Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember who, but there was a discussion about the dog and why he didn't kill it. I think it's simple, he killed things that got in the way of his objective-abducting Jayme and having no witnesses. No need to shoot the dog. It couldn't talk and it couldn't stop him.
I'm certainly glad he didn't shoot the dog, however, he just as easily *could* have shot, or otherwise killed the dog, just to add another layer of terror into his victim, and make her too scared and traumatized to bother going against his demands.

If the dog hadn’t barked, what was the plan? Would he have knocked on the door, stealthily tried to break in, or beat down the door with the gun stock? What if Jayme’s Dad showed up at the door with his own gun? What if Jayme was away at a sleepover? Had he been watching the house and knew she was home? If he saw her once, he had to make sure she actually lived there by seeing her again at the bus stop. Is it a one kid bus stop? Does she run out of the house and the bus picked her up? Some kids take a bus from a caregiver’s house where they are dropped off in the morning if their parents work early shifts. Also-what arrangements did he make back at his house for when he brought her back there? Was he just winging it?

Such good questions, I keep speculating over many of the points that you have raised. I think my biggest speculation is what would have happened if the dog had not barked. From what I remember reading in the CC is that the dog's barking woke Jayme up and she in turn went and woke up her parents. If the dog had not woken Jayme up I speculate, moo, Jake would have blown his way into the house and immediately made his way to the master bedrooom and shot the parents, having caught them off guard within mere seconds, and then would have taken Jayme. He was so violent and brazen in the way he murdered James and Denise that I don't see any scenario that would have worked for him trying to quietly prowl through the house and then locate Jayme and take her without the parents waking up. But who knows, maybe he would have tried to take her without having to shoot them but I think he was prepared to kill and would have gone with that as his first and main option.

If the dog hadn’t barked, what was the plan? Would he have knocked on the door, stealthily tried to break in, or beat down the door with the gun stock? What if Jayme’s Dad showed up at the door with his own gun? What if Jayme was away at a sleepover? Had he been watching the house and knew she was home? If he saw her once, he had to make sure she actually lived there by seeing her again at the bus stop. Is it a one kid bus stop? Does she run out of the house and the bus picked her up? Some kids take a bus from a caregiver’s house where they are dropped off in the morning if their parents work early shifts. Also-what arrangements did he make back at his house for when he brought her back there? Was he just winging it?
These are all great, well put questions. That's why I say that I'm sure that more of these answers will eventually come out.

How did Jake Patterson's life lead to Jayme Closs?

Another article about Jake and a few more small details about him and his family, including a statement by his grandfather that he had "internal health issues" that prevented him from succeeding in the Marines.
A disease such as IBD or Crohns might've been called an "internal" disease. "Unmentionable" issues a gf mightn't want to discuss.
More likely the aforementioned issues discussed previously, but such issues do strike young sometimes, can be debilitating, and could mess with your social persona or self concept making the sufferer withdrawn.
Just throwing the idea out there, we don't know. All IMO of course.

How hard this must be for the Grandpa. Grandparents normally see only the good in their grandkids whereas the parents can see right through their BS. Did JTP even realize (or did he even care) how many people would have to suffer for his crimes? He not only inflicted severe pain to the Closs family ,and most of all Jayme; he left his own family to suffer through HIS crimes.

Grandfather of suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance says no one had any clue

Last edited:
I’m curious how he decided that six shotgun shells would do the job. Did that have anything to do with waiting it out?

The three unspent shells were placed in the house, in a drawer. Wondering why he didn’t put them back in the ammunition box, (where he got them, which is stored in the garage)? In the filing he stated that he put the shotgun in the trunk of a white car on the property and didn’t know if it was still there or if his Dad put it back in the house. Odd that. Is that where his Dad had been keeping the gun, in the trunk of a car?

Also, why didn’t he kill Molly (the dog) ?!? Considering his warped reality, he could possibly justify not shooting a dog because he likes dogs? Who knows, huh? ? ?

My opinion of the Grandfather stating he had Internal Issues is that he means in his head. He saw it as some kind of internal conflict. He knew there was something wrong.
I absolutely agree.

The discharge certainly lends itself to that conclusion, and the information we have about JP thus far, certainly solidifies that.

He wasn’t taking about physical issues. And if he was, he doesn’t know his grandson very well.

Something clearly ain’t right.

I'm certainly glad he didn't shoot the dog, however, he just as easily *could* have shot, or otherwise killed the dog, just to add another layer of terror into his victim, and make her too scared and traumatized to bother going against his demands.
Yet I would think killing her mother in front of her would have been sufficient. If the dog wasn't hiding somewhere, I'm assuming he didn't bother to shoot it because his main concern was not to leave any witnesses. Imo

When there are thunderstorms or fireworks, I have an understanding some dogs gets scared and might even run away. Not sure what shotgun fire would do, but I think it would be similar. No more barking.

IMO he spared Molly as Molly was no threat. He needed to get in and out as quickly as possible. Had Molly persistently nipped at his ankles or was a large dog I have no doubt he would have shot any dog in his way.

IMO he spared Molly as Molly was no threat. He needed to get in and out as quickly as possible. Had Molly persistently nipped at his ankles or was a large dog I have no doubt he would have shot any dog in his way.
Yes. That dog isn’t alive because JP likes dogs, she’s alive because she didn’t get in the way.

I think of JP and I think that he was born a sweet baby like all of us and life happened to him. I am so sad that he never knew or will know the love that Jayme has known from her family and the community. He has nothing but hate coming his way forever and I cannot comprehend what that is like. Hate only causes more hate, only love conquers hate. I hope this little response isn't considered off topic. IMO
I can't be as compassionate as you are. I only have thoughts of Jayme and her parents, the victims in this horrific crime.

Last edited:
The three unspent shells were placed in the house, in a drawer. Wondering why he didn’t put them back in the ammunition box, (where he got them, which is stored in the garage)? In the filing he stated that he put the shotgun in the trunk of a white car on the property and didn’t know if it was still there or if his Dad put it back in the house. Odd that. Is that where his Dad had been keeping the gun, in the trunk of a car?

Also, why didn’t he kill Molly (the dog) ?!? Considering his warped reality, he could possibly justify not shooting a dog because he likes dogs? Who knows, huh? ? ?
Maybe he kept the bullets in the drawer in case he felt he still might need the gun. Once he felt sure that LE wasn't looking for him, he put it in the car. Maybe he told LE that his dad may have put it back in the house after finding it the car because that was where he normally kept it. Imo

I believe when somebody has too much time on their hands it just makes for trouble. JP applied for jobs but still couldn't hold one down even when he got one.

As far as mental health is concerned, you end up going crazy and getting into trouble when you have too much time on your hands. You need some goals and ambition in life. Responsibilities.
I can't imagine what JPs life was like. He was already struggling socially. So he spends every day, day in day out, and every night, talking to no one. He only has his own thoughts and ideas, can't bounce them off anyone but probably prefers it that way. He has no interest in fixing the home up, living in a mess. What an existence! It's no wonder some demented idea came to him and it festered. He had nothing else to think about, nothing constructive. Does he think..."I know, I'll get a job. Maybe I can stop thinking these things." Jobs don't work out and he goes deeper and deeper into his own dementia. No one is there to save him and this is wrong! Society has to step up and care for others. We are our brothers keepers.

Maybe he kept the bullets in the drawer in case he felt he still might need the gun. Once he felt sure that LE wasn't looking for him, he put it in the car. Maybe he told LE that his dad may have put it back in the house after finding it the car because that was where he normally kept it. Imo

That’s what I think, if we are to believe his report in the complaint. Possibly he didn’t want his dad to find the gun and discover there were shells in it, but he still had a plan. Maybe it was to put the gun to his own head if he was discovered and kept the gun in a secret place and the shells in the drawer. Who knows? IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann