AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, isn’t this the truth! I once saw someone taking my neighbors truck at 12:30am with a chain, making all sorts of noise in the middle of the night, so I called police because I thought it was being stolen. The police ended up coming to my house questioning who my husband was and why he was in my house (he’s a different race than I am which clearly made them suspicious)? I will think twice before reporting something again, even though I have absolutely nothing to hide.

I’m sorry for what happened to you.

I attended a webinar today on Missing Children via Online Luring; we were able to ask the presenter questions through a text option and he provided verbal answers at the conclusion of the presentation. I asked two questions:
1) what’s the turnaround time on issuing a warrant for social media accounts and getting information- he said even with emergency warrants, they’re looking at 7 days or more to get requested info.
Wow- that seems like a LONG time when you’re dealing with a missing kid.
2) what are your thoughts on the Jayme Closs case as far as stranger abduction vs “known” abduction?
He said “i can’t respond to that”.

Interesting information but still no answers. Also, wanted to add, i’ve never been a fan of the theory she had an online boyfriend/offender and i still don’t believe that’s the case. It was just a webinar i was already scheduled to attend.

Hoping it is ok to ask a question with no names and keeping it vague. Kind of hypothetical so bear with me. Lets say within the last year, a guy with who spent a few years in prison for felony sexual assault, jumping bail and a few more past convictions (like burglary, theft) somehow gets sued in small claims court by someone. Later tragedy strikes people somehow related to the one that sued. Is that something that would make you think twice or maybe it's just coincidence?
ETA clarification
To be clear...This is not inferring ANYTHING against a family member what so ever. NOT EVEN HYPOTHETICALLY

Last edited:
I dont know if this has been brought up, but I suddenly got this idea yesterday out of the blue. It goes completely against what I have always felt in this case.

The family has always insisted that they believe these crimes were targeted. Yet have absolutely nothing to do with Jayme. Yet they also are the ones that have repeated over and over that they can't think of anyone who would want to harm them. There is no gambling or money problems. Everyone seemed to like them, and so on.

LE has insisted that Jayme was in the house, and that she was not involved. (Which I dont believe she was either, at least not that she knew of.) Even after all this time they still believe that she is still alive.

I keep trying to make sense of why someone would kidnap Jayme if her parents weren't killed for something they did. (Again since everyone denies that they were involved in anything nefarious, and even so why take Jayme)

Then I got to thinking... Has everyone in the family been fully investigated? It just seems if it was targeted. Another family member or close friend could be involved in something, they kill the Closs's to make a point, and then kidnap Jayme to get them to cooperate.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone, and I am only offering up my own thoughts and opinions that give another reason why Jayme might have been kidnapped. Because that is always where I get stuck. For me there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for me, unless she was the target.

I know many disregard this theory since there were many simpler and easier ways to have abducted Jayme. I can easily look past this because that is logical thinking. We aren't dealing with someone logical.

My main theory is someone spotted Jayme, either around town, or a picture of her online. They became obsessed until they had to have her. They killed her parents to keep them from interfering.

I just wanted to offer up another idea that hit me the other day, that I just couldn't stop thinking about... Again, all of this is just my opinion. I am not sure if anyone else has come up with this, and thought I would share.

I dont know if this has been brought up, but I suddenly got this idea yesterday out of the blue. It goes completely against what I have always felt in this case.

The family has always insisted that they believe these crimes were targeted. Yet have absolutely nothing to do with Jayme. Yet they also are the ones that have repeated over and over that they can't think of anyone who would want to harm them. There is no gambling or money problems. Everyone seemed to like them, and so on.

LE has insisted that Jayme was in the house, and that she was not involved. (Which I dont believe she was either, at least not that she knew of.) Even after all this time they still believe that she is still alive.

I keep trying to make sense of why someone would kidnap Jayme if her parents weren't killed for something they did. (Again since everyone denies that they were involved in anything nefarious, and even so why take Jayme)

Then I got to thinking... Has everyone in the family been fully investigated? It just seems if it was targeted. Another family member or close friend could be involved in something, they kill the Closs's to make a point, and then kidnap Jayme to get them to cooperate.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone, and I am only offering up my own thoughts and opinions that give another reason why Jayme might have been kidnapped. Because that is always where I get stuck. For me there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for me, unless she was the target.

I know many disregard this theory since there were many simpler and easier ways to have abducted Jayme. I can easily look past this because that is logical thinking. We aren't dealing with someone logical.

My main theory is someone spotted Jayme, either around town, or a picture of her online. They became obsessed until they had to have her. They killed her parents to keep them from interfering.

I just wanted to offer up another idea that hit me the other day, that I just couldn't stop thinking about... Again, all of this is just my opinion. I am not sure if anyone else has come up with this, and thought I would share.
I think everyone has considered that as have the police. We just don't get too invested in that theory and speculate bc even hinting on WS that a family member could be a POI (without LE saying they are) can get us in trouble here on WS. I've even considered that a member picked Jamie up after the murders bc she ran and is scared to come frwd. I'm leaning toward the idea that this isnt going to end well unfortunately. I'm not convinced the suspect is known to the closs family but, it's hard not to wonder.

Hoping it is ok to ask a question with no names and keeping it vague. Kind of hypothetical so bear with me. Lets say within the last year, a guy with who spent a few years in prison for felony sexual assault, jumping bail and a few more past convictions (like burglary, theft) somehow gets sued in small claims court by someone. Later tragedy strikes people somehow related to the one that sued. Is that something that would make you think twice or maybe it's just coincidence?
ETA clarification
Would make me think twice!

I think everyone has considered that as have the police. We just don't get too invested in that theory and speculate bc even hinting on WS that a family member could be a POI (without LE saying they are) can get us in trouble here on WS. I've even considered that a member picked Jamie up after the murders bc she ran and is scared to come frwd. I'm leaning toward the idea that this isnt going to end well unfortunately. I'm not convinced the suspect is known to the closs family but, it's hard not to wonder.

I am sorry if I broke any rules here. I am still getting to know my way around.

I too have a horrible feeling this isn't going to end well, but I try to remain hopeful for everyone's sake.

I pray many times a day for Jayme, her family/friends, LE, and the community. This needs to be solved soon to finally give everyone some answers either good or bad. I cannot imagine the toll it is taking on everyone.

LE has not said recently that they believe Jayme is alive. In fact I believe the sheriff said that he “hoped” she was in an interview a few weeks ago.
I got the distinct impression from the aunts last interview that, while she holds out hope and will keep the light on, she wants answers now. Felt to me like she may be leaning towards jayme not being alive now, she didnt say that, she just seemed resigned and less hopeful than her 1st interviews. IMHO just an impression I got and may be the exact opposite of her actual feelings

I too have a horrible feeling this isn't going to end well, but I try to remain hopeful for everyone's sake.

I pray many times a day for Jayme, her family/friends, LE, and the community. This needs to be solved soon to finally give everyone some answers either good or bad. I cannot imagine the toll it is taking on everyone.
I dont think you broke any rules. I'm sorry I meant we try not to and if we let a name slip or anything our post may be pulled bc mods have to watch over us all or the whole thread will be a mess with ppl bashing ppl who don't deserve it. I dont think you did that. I mean that we all stay away frm that subject more than others bc it's a very fine line IMOO

I think we have all slipped so don't be to hard on yourself. Sometimes even after reviewing rules I am not sure because there are some gray areas. But if in doubt ask a mod. ;)

I thought of Jayme being picked-up” as well . . . But that’s all speculation. So many possibilities . . . You name it, I’ve prolly thought it. :)

The one lady (victim) was my neighbor some 7-10 years ago.

Not saying cops should be looked at but every police group has inept or bad officers..
If it was my brother or child murdered... I would consider private investigation or other avenues after 90 days. Hope they find jayme ok....don’t know.. at some point Barron has or had some police that weren’t as professional as they could have been..

Officers speak out on controversial recording

Not saying cops should be looked at but every police group has inept or bad officers..
If it was my brother or child murdered... I would consider private investigation or other avenues after 90 days. Hope they find jayme ok....don’t know.. at some point Barron has or had some police that weren’t as professional as they could have been..

Officers speak out on controversial recording
Respectfully, and maybe I am just used to it but I've heard a lot of talk like that through the years from the best cops out in our area. Especially after a little adrenalin surge and a feeling of accomplishment. Unless I missed something in the article they did nothing legally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa