AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. In the heat of the moment I imagine that would be one of the last things on the mind of whomever took her, though, as they'd have to switch the phone in `airplane' mode, turn off wireless, and, with some phones, remove the battery. If they did do all of these things, then law enforcement would be able to get the last location that hit off of the towers before the phone stopped communicating.

Or just slip the phone into a metalised snack package. That immediately blocks the signal.

In my OOP...
Barron is small town USA (I live near here) crime does happen but this is well beyond our normal drug offenses and breakins. Unless there was drugs related or other gang affiliations it would not be very likely their house was randomly chosen for a break in gone bad. Both parents were employed an I assume good standing. People who are gainfully employed and showing up for work are most likely not involved in something nefarious enough to bring about this crime activity. People in town would be talking if this were a drug house. Users spread that word pretty quickly. Because if the above, I begin to think how this could be related to Jayme. I am only left with a feeling that she was involved either in person or online with someone her parents didn’t approve of. Because of this being during the night I think she was attempting to secretly leave with this person. Her parents heard her and an argument ensued. Not sure she intended for any of this to happen as I feel like she is quite naive and possibly didn’t know how dangerous this individual was/is. She either went willingly because she is naive enough to believe she is in love or atthis point she is so scared of what just occurred she feels she has no other choice. Again, IMOO

I'm leaning with someone she was in contact with online.

I'm not ruling out an older man, possibly a colleague of her parents, who maybe took a fancy to her at a company do, eg this summer's 4th July party.

A middle aged predator taking a fancy to a teenage or underage girl is hardly unprecedented.

In my OOP...
Barron is small town USA (I live near here) crime does happen but this is well beyond our normal drug offenses and breakins. Unless there was drugs related or other gang affiliations it would not be very likely their house was randomly chosen for a break in gone bad. Both parents were employed an I assume good standing. People who are gainfully employed and showing up for work are most likely not involved in something nefarious enough to bring about this crime activity. People in town would be talking if this were a drug house. Users spread that word pretty quickly. Because if the above, I begin to think how this could be related to Jayme. I am only left with a feeling that she was involved either in person or online with someone her parents didn’t approve of. Because of this being during the night I think she was attempting to secretly leave with this person. Her parents heard her and an argument ensued. Not sure she intended for any of this to happen as I feel like she is quite naive and possibly didn’t know how dangerous this individual was/is. She either went willingly because she is naive enough to believe she is in love or atthis point she is so scared of what just occurred she feels she has no other choice. Again, IMOO
To me, this is the most probable scenario.

Yea, it seems to me like they might be saying that just to cover their bases. They don't have any actual proof of it, but the only logical conclusion is that she left with someone. For her to get far enough away that she has not been found or spotted she would have to leave the house in a vehicle. And LE surely would have released a license plate number and make/model/color if a vehicle registered to her parents was missing. Plus, she probably doesn't know how to drive anyways.

I was just going to ask if it was confirmed that there were no vehicles missing from their house, but you are right, they would likely know the description of the vehicle and would have broadcast that if it was known. My thought behind all of that was, if she was scared enough and managed to grab a set of keys, would she have been able to get in one of the family vehicles and drive away, only to have had an accident somewhere due to her inexperience with driving. EXTREMELY far fetched, and I hadn't really thought that they would (or should) obviously know the vehicle information. Moving right along from that train of thought...

Sheriff: Missing Wisconsin teenager in danger, not a runaway
A Wisconsin teenager who has been missing since her parents were found dead in their home isn't a runaway and investigators believe she's in danger, the sheriff said.

He declined to elaborate as to why investigators believe she didn't run away from home, saying that disclosing more information would compromise their investigation.

"I'm telling you, Jayme is missing and endangered," Fitzgerald said.

In my OOP...

This is entirely possible and to where my mind keeps drifting. Then again, I have watched far too many Datelines, 48 Hours, 20/20s and Law & Order SVU. I hope it’s not the case. I hope she’s found safe and soon.

Sad to check in and see we haven't found Jayme safe (yet). Having apparently witnessed the murders of her parents, I can only imagine how traumatized she must be, and the shock she is in.

When we compound that fact that she has been absconded...well let's hope that this quiet little girl has a fighting spirit. I am hopeful given the smarts she had to surreptitiously call 911 (assumption).

My first thought was that she would be stashed away within an hours distance, in one of the hunting cabins that has been frequently mentioned on the thread. However, with further reflection, I have altered that speculation and I now believe they have covertly crossed the border in to Canada, traveling well in to the interior. There is a natural instinct to distance oneself from a location that is problematic, or damning.

If the Perp has military/survivalist, or surveyor skills, has worked in the bush, or is an accomplished hunter/trapper, he could effectively live off the grid with the girl hidden for some time.

Let's hope he has slipped up and been spotted on his journey to wherever.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I have daughters and echo the sentiments of another poster. At just barely thirteen, mine were practically still playing with Barbies and their American Girl dolls.

I used to have family in the north woods. I also echo the sentiment of another poster on that topic. It’s almost an area that time has passed by. Picnics, parades, small town stuff.

I really hope LE is hitting the SO angle hard. Young girls out running cross country in a rural area seems like just the sort of thing a SO would be interested in.

I have daughters and echo the sentiments of another poster. At just barely thirteen, mine were practically still playing with Barbies and their American Girl dolls.

I used to have family in the north woods. I also echo the sentiment of another poster on that topic. It’s almost an area that time has passed by. Picnics, parades, small town stuff.

I really hope LE is hitting the SO angle hard. Young girls out running cross country in a rural area seems like just the sort of thing a SO would be interested in.

I don't know how long it's been since your daughters were 13 but some of the kids are shocking these days. When our daughter was in fifth grade, one of her classmates was already having sex. By sixth, some more were. By seventh, even more. Many were posting snapchats of drinking and smoking pot. But I will say Jayme looked like she'd be a quiet, innocent, good kid. Like most that age, probably addicted to her phone and that's where trouble sneaks in.

If LE has not identified a perp by now, I feel he/she is someone who has come out of left field. It could be a local or random stranger. There are so many electronic footprints these days, that this is the only thing that makes sense to me. IMO, this will be a tough case to solve.

I don't know how long it's been since your daughters were 13 but some of the kids are shocking these days. When our daughter was in fifth grade, one of her classmates was already having sex. By sixth, some more were. By seventh, even more. Many were posting snapchats of drinking and smoking pot. But I will say Jayme looked like she'd be a quiet, innocent, good kid. Like most that age, probably addicted to her phone and that's where trouble sneaks in.

Maybe. Just doesn’t fit here for me.

From same link Jayme Closs disappearance: What we know, Day 3
This is all so very confusing...
  • At this point, they do not know if she is alone or traveling with anyone, nor do they know if she has a boyfriend.

How can a thirteen year old be anywhere in that cold.Where would she be by herself ? She was a runner so I suppose she could run a distance, but to where?

Still trying to figure out the care giver for a teenager old enough to legally babysit others. Even switched schools due to the care giver's location.

Did Jayme's parents regularly work the same or separate shifts? Were those revolving shifts/days or set and always the same?

Was her having a care giver at 13 strictly due to needing rides to/from track, dance and school?

Were the parents overly cautious with needing a babysitter for their teenager or did they have (a) specific reason(s) or concerns with wanting an adult always watching after Jayme?

And everyone knew everyone else's business in the town. My inlaws conversations would go something like this .. you know Beth that was married to Tom , his parents owned the farm on County hwy A . His mom was Sara , her parents were ...etc etc etc. I never knew who they were talking about . I also worked in town for awhile at a florist shop..and the owner/florist also did the makeup for one of the funeral homes in town. That florist shop was the gossip center of the town and the person providing the most info was the mail person for business area and homes near the post office . She knew everyone's business . I didn't know many of the people there but I if I heard their name , I already knew if they had had an affair, money problems , etc from what I heard at the florist shop .

As much as they gossiped , everyone looked out for everyone else . In this day and age , You would not believe the number of 1st and 2nd graders that would walk several blocks ( some over 10 blocks ) home from school alone . I was always amazed at how safe everyone felt here .

If it wasn't for how long and cold the winters were , I would still be living there .

You’ve described the culture of rural WI so well! I spend a great deal of time in a similar / rural WI county and that’s precisely how it is here too. I have a next door neighbor whose gossip source is an Avon Lady!

The police and FBI are searching. The community is not being asked to search. The community was instead asked to pay attention to the people around them and if anyone changed any behaviors, habits or schedules recently. They also asked the community to be alert for any suspicious activity. In my opinion only they don't want the community to specifically search because when Jayme is found she may be with someone who is armed and dangerous or she may be deceased. LE does not want community members to put themselves in danger or compromise a crime scene. MOO.
Great points! Makes you wonder if they feels that this is all local. I grew up small town and so did my daughter, One thing I know for sure we both grew up way before our times. As far as I know she is an only child which would mean most of her time outside of school would be spent with adults, right? That would make her more mature than most her age? Everything is quite private into seeing what her life was really like. I pray that this does not end with her being deceased but either way I think we all know the outcome is not going to be good, regardless if she is deceased or alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa