Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
His disgusting remark about Greer getting his money makes me angry. We've been reading nonsense about the "money-grubbing Zahaus" from the beginning, when all the poor family wants is to prove their loved one was murdered and didn't kill herself. Jonah's anger would be better directed at the "death investigators" who screwed this case to the moon and back, but we know why he's angry at Greer, instead.

I'm not on Jonah's side and if he participated in Rebecca's murder, he deserves to rot in hell. But if he is innocent, I can see why he'd be pissed off at Rebecca's family for pursuing the case against his brother (which is basically against him since he's footing the expensive legal bills).

I didn't expect much from the 20/20 episode. They didn't mention a lot of the information we had from the beginning but added a couple of new things.

It was my understanding that Max fell off the top railing (coincidence that Rebecca also fell off a railing) of the staircase, hit or grabbed onto the chandelier and both ended up on the ground. 20/20 wants us to believe "Max fell down the stairs.

Never heard of the "witchcraft book" before but thought there was some crazy Asian bondage *advertiser censored* linked to Adam's computer.

So much strange stuff in this case like the attorney being one of the first arrivals to the mansion, the panties in Adam's room, those rope, messages, and a bunch of men trying to convince the public that any woman would kill herself in the manner Rebecca was killed and left on display for hours.

Looking forward to Greer bringing all of this darkness into the light.

The only people who brought up the witchcraft and the book were the kitty litter Dina fans and anti-Rebecca haters on WS and kitty website.

Never heard about this book from investigators nor was it mentioned on search warrants regarding evidence taken into custody.

Seems mighty suspicious that suddenly 20/20 also brings up this mysterious occult book about red rope tying a nude woman...

Wonder if it's Jonah or Dina who threw that into the 20/20 mix? Be very curious to review all investigator documents from 2011.

Thanks so much Tricia for the great follow up interview with Mr Greer, and especially for asking my question. I really appreciate it.

It sounds from from his answer that we’re going to see the reason the ropes were slack and loose after her death was because they were connected when she was alive as we thought....she couldn’t possibly hop over that balcony with her feet trapped to her wrists behind her back... or tie herself in that configuration...

I still don’t think she was ever hanging from that balcony...

There were no injuries whatsoever the back of her neck or back of her spinal cord either - externally or internally - and the fall would have virtually decapitated her. I believe she was placed and staged on that grass, as was the rope over the balcony....

The only people who brought up the witchcraft and the book were the kitty litter Dina fans and anti-Rebecca haters on WS and kitty website.

Never heard about this book from investigators nor was it mentioned on search warrants regarding evidence taken into custody.

Seems mighty suspicious that suddenly 20/20 also brings up this mysterious occult book about red rope tying a nude woman...

Wonder if it's Jonah or Dina who threw that into the 20/20 mix? Be very curious to review all investigator documents from 2011.

The reference to the book does appear in the police documents from 2011....as I’m new to posting I don’t know how to post a screenshot....:(

The reference to the book does appear in the police documents from 2011....as I’m new to posting I don’t know how to post a screenshot....:(

If if that’s the case, isn’t it interesting like Betty P said that the investigators went out of their way to locate an obscure witchcraft book but didn’t find time to do analysis on Rebecca’s blood on shower wall and floors and other investigatory elements like her missing clothes and panties in garbage pail in Adams guesthouse?

its as if someone directed them to pick and choose what to investigate with the final objective to rule as suicide.

I'm not on Jonah's side and if he participated in Rebecca's murder, he deserves to rot in hell. But if he is innocent, I can see why he'd be pissed off at Rebecca's family for pursuing the case against his brother (which is basically against him since he's footing the expensive legal bills).

Hi bourne. Jonah should've been angered by the shoddy investigation of his girlfriend's death. We've heard no outrage from him about that, but now he's apparently outraged the Zahaus have continued to search for the truth. His weirdo brother was presumably the only one on the property other than RZ the night she died, so he's the one on trial. Too bad for Jonah, imo, and I think it's shameful if he doesn't understand why the Zahaus have refused to give up.

Hey Everyone,

Lets stay on topic. There is absolutely no proof that Jonah had anything to to with Rebecca's death. To suggest otherwise is reckless.
We have plenty to talk about with the trial and the real evidence.
Thank you,
Tricia

About the book on witchcraft Greer said it was not allowed in evidence. It was said to be irrelevant.

If if that’s the case, isn’t it interesting like Betty P said that the investigators went out of their way to locate an obscure witchcraft book but didn’t find time to do analysis on Rebecca’s blood on shower wall and floors and other investigatory elements like her missing clothes and panties in garbage pail in Adams guesthouse?

its as if someone directed them to pick and choose what to investigate with the final objective to rule as suicide.

Yes, Bourne I agree...a lot of attention to detail on this aspect compared to the rest of the investigation...

Here is the text;
"The double doors leading out to the balcony were dosed, but not locked, and the door on the right was latched. The red rope was tied to the left foot post ofthe bed and the bed frame had been pulled away trom the wall approximately 10-12 inches.
I searched the 2nd level guest room after it had been processed for evidence. There was paperwork on top ofthe desk and in a box on the floor related to Rebecca's personal matters. It appeared this room served as Rebecca's office as well as a guest room. I also located a book on the top shelfofthe bookshelfon the west wall ofthe room entitled "Buckland's Complete Book ofWitchcraft." The book contained hand drawn photos of subjects bound in different positions.”

Reporting Officer: Det. A. Tsuida ID# 2099 CID - HOMICIDE
Approved By: Sgt. D. ID# 1804 8/15/2011

Yes, Bourne I agree...a lot of attention to detail on this aspect compared to the rest of the investigation...

Here is the text;
"The double doors leading out to the balcony were dosed, but not locked, and the door on the right was latched. The red rope was tied to the left foot post ofthe bed and the bed frame had been pulled away trom the wall approximately 10-12 inches.
I searched the 2nd level guest room after it had been processed for evidence. There was paperwork on top ofthe desk and in a box on the floor related to Rebecca's personal matters. It appeared this room served as Rebecca's office as well as a guest room. I also located a book on the top shelfofthe bookshelfon the west wall ofthe room entitled "Buckland's Complete Book ofWitchcraft." The book contained hand drawn photos of subjects bound in different positions.”

It seems mighty convenient for the witchcraft book to be placed in the guest room where she was hung and that out of all the books, the officer was able to pick out this specific book with a few pages of a nude woman bound with red rope. If I'm not mistaken, the search was done on 8/15/2011 and not in the immediate days subsequent to Rebecca's death?

I wonder who directed the investigators to re-search that room and specifically seek out that book?

I recall in the beginnings of her death, there were kitty litter posters pointing out the witch book claiming Rebecca practiced witchcraft and used that book to tie herself up as a witch...That indicated to me the anti-Rebecca posters were intimately connected to the case, quite possibly Dina, Jonah and their immediate family members and friends since strangers like most of us posters on WS would not know about this witchcraft book.

Hi bourne. Jonah should've been angered by the shoddy investigation of his girlfriend's death. We've heard no outrage from him about that, but now he's apparently outraged the Zahaus have continued to search for the truth. His weirdo brother was presumably the only one on the property other than RZ the night she died, so he's the one on trial. Too bad for Jonah, imo, and I think it's shameful if he doesn't understand why the Zahaus have refused to give up.

I agree but at the same time, I think we have to look at this from Jonah's POV. If your beloved biological son was critically injured and you are praying to god he'll recover from brain death, you might be more concerned with his life than you are with the adult who was overseeing your son. Most people blame the adults when their child is injured on the adult's watch. I'd be enraged at Rebecca too.

On the other hand, if he genuinely loved Rebecca and wanted to marry her, he would have also been devastated over her death and also viewed that the police slanted the investigation as a suicide was way beyond ridiculous, outlandish, unprofessional and illogical. He would have been outraged at the injustice with which the police mistreated and disrespected Rebecca's body in death - unless he blamed Rebecca for his son's brain death and subsequent death.

If his rage at Rebecca for his son's accident outweighed his love for her, he might have felt she deserved to be dead and just wanted her death to be over with so he could deal with the loss of his son. I would say the same for Dina except that after Rebecca was dead, Dina persisted in her vendetta for YEARS against not only Rebecca but also Rebecca's teen sister, which alludes to how intense and obsessive her hatred and contempt towards Rebecca was to begin with. Now Dina is claiming she never believed Rebecca had anything to do with her son's death, which on its face is laughable and hypocritically ironic.

I still have my own informed opinions about who did what to Rebecca.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence against Adam, but there is also a lot of psychological and scientific evidence which point towards the person who shall not be named whom I believe is the actual premeditator and perpetrator. Adam may have been involved in the murder, but he was a FOLLOWER, not the leader.

I believe in justice and the perpetrator will be justly and duly punished, if not on earth, in purgatory and hell. Good luck to the who thinks s/he got away with murder.

After watching the 20/20 last night, in addition to other things that have also jumped out at me over the years, the one that is so GLARINGLY in my face is the S on the 'she saved him'. That S is so out of place, it jumped off the TV at me. I know its been talked about but nothing solid has come of it. Does it not bother anyone else how its slanted different, the splotchiness of it, the 'afterthought' of it, IMO. I have different scenarios for that too, but it just seems so ignored...
So much evidence not tested, So many misleading statements, and truly no PROOF of people being where they SAY they were.

After watching the 20/20 last night, in addition to other things that have also jumped out at me over the years, the one that is so GLARINGLY in my face is the S on the 'she saved him'. That S is so out of place, it jumped off the TV at me. I know its been talked about but nothing solid has come of it. Does it not bother anyone else how its slanted different, the splotchiness of it, the 'afterthought' of it, IMO. I have different scenarios for that too, but it just seems so ignored...
So much evidence not tested, So many misleading statements, and truly no PROOF of people being where they SAY they were.

IIRC, Mr. Greer stated on Tricia’s radio show that the handwriting expert will testify it is his belief the person who wrote those letters had to between the height of 5’ 10” - 6 feet tall.

And I agree, the S does stand out as being different.

I agree but at the same time, I think we have to look at this from Jonah's POV. If your beloved biological son was critically injured and you are praying to god he'll recover from brain death, you might be more concerned with his life than you are with the adult who was overseeing your son. Most people blame the adults when their child is injured on the adult's watch. I'd be enraged at Rebecca too.

On the other hand, if he genuinely loved Rebecca and wanted to marry her, he would have also been devastated over her death and also viewed that the police slanted the investigation as a suicide was way beyond ridiculous, outlandish, unprofessional and illogical. He would have been outraged at the injustice with which the police mistreated and disrespected Rebecca's body in death - unless he blamed Rebecca for his son's brain death and subsequent death.

<snipped to address>

I absolutely agree that JS might have been angry with RZ because from what we've been told, Max's accident occurred while she was the only adult in the house with him.

But to me, in the scenario we're talking about, that type of (righteous) anger in a normal person would probably lead at the worst to an ugly relationship breakup. I personally couldn't continue in a relationship with someone if I thought his/her negligence resulted in the death of my 6-year-old. But I can't imagine that a normal person's anger would extend to being okay that the person subsequently died horrifically, or being okay with a slipshod death investigation with the goal of closing the case as a suicide.

I've always though JS initiated the cover up as soon as he learned of RZ's death and somehow got the SDSO to play along, but I've also always thought his motivation was to sweep everything under the rug as quickly as possible so as not to tarnish his image/the image of his company.

Of course, I could be 100 percent wrong.

<snipped to address>

This has been the problem from the beginning. The people in charge of investigating Rebecca's death saw fit to simply ask a handful of people (I'd call them POIs except there were no POIs in this case according to the SDSO) questions and accept their answers at face value. Adam was the exception with the lie detector test, but when the results were inconclusive, they decided to accept that as well.

This case opened my eyes to a number of realities I would've preferred to remain ignorant of.

If his rage at Rebecca for his son's accident outweighed his love for her, he might have felt she deserved to be dead and just wanted her death to be over with so he could deal with the loss of his son. I would say the same for Dina except that after Rebecca was dead, Dina persisted in her vendetta for YEARS against not only Rebecca but also Rebecca's teen sister, which alludes to how intense and obsessive her hatred and contempt towards Rebecca was to begin with. Now Dina is claiming she never believed Rebecca had anything to do with her son's death, which on its face is laughable and hypocritically ironic.

I still have my own informed opinions about who did what to Rebecca.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence against Adam, but there is also a lot of psychological and scientific evidence which point towards the person who shall not be named whom I believe is the actual premeditator and perpetrator. Adam may have been involved in the murder, but he was a FOLLOWER, not the leader.

I believe in justice and the perpetrator will be justly and duly punished, if not on earth, in purgatory and hell. Good luck to the who thinks s/he got away with murder.

Great post! I think as a follower you might be meaning Dina got someone so upset and mad at Rebecca, that this person murdered her. Am I right?

Here is the text;
I searched the 2nd level guest room after it had been processed for evidence. There was paperwork on top ofthe desk and in a box on the floor related to Rebecca's personal matters. It appeared this room served as Rebecca's office as well as a guest room. I also located a book on the top shelfofthe bookshelfon the west wall ofthe room entitled "Buckland's Complete Book ofWitchcraft." The book contained hand drawn photos of subjects bound in different positions.&#8221;

Another area where there was a lot of attention to detail: the video of the model demonstrating how Rebecca supposedly did all that to herself. Like I keep saying, the SDSO spent all their time, energy, and resources formulating a way to close the case as a suicide. The question we may never get answered is, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306