WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

So three weeks in now and my grown up kid (early 30s) is still having shortness of breath and chest tightness (Enough to keep them out of work for another week) and not really seeing any improvement :(
Just started a new type of inhaler to see if it helps.

Scary, hope he's ok. My son's friend is recovering from it. He said it still felt like his lungs were "burning". His employer made him go back to work anyway or risk getting fired from his job. Without it, he would be homeless.

I have been very disturbed lately about how people react to people who have Covid. As if they are to "blame", for getting a highly contagious virus. There is something very wrong with the reactions.

No one is to be blamed for getting a disease. That is as irrational as blaming someone who gets any other disease. There just seems to be a lot of judgemental attitudes going around. It is toxic. And psychologically damaging to the person who may have inadvertently spread the disease to others, to be "blamed", and labeled as a "Typhoid Mary".

I saw this happening in a family who had Covid. They don't know who got "it" first, but the whole thing is out of control. Accusations, blaming, guilt...

Don't let this disease become toxic poison in your family or with your friends.

A relative of mine in their 70s went into hospital over the weekend after a fall. They have tested positive for covid today. Two others on the ward have also tested positive. My relative did not leave home before her fall so they must have caught it in the ward. They have several underlying health conditions. As a family, we are all very worried.

The hospital itself is in an area of the UK with one of the lowest infection rates. I wish I could say they are receiving a good level of care, but they were given the news in a very blunt way which confused them. I hope the clinical care is better :(
I'm so sorry to hear this! How is your relative doing today?

I'm so sorry to hear this! How is your relative doing today?
Hi Labor Day thanks for asking. Unfortunately she developed a cough and temperature last night, so it seems symptoms have arrived. She is lonely in a side room. No family can visit of course and she says she goes hours without seeing any nursing staff. It sounds pretty grim to be fair. Taking it a day at a time at the moment, but hoping for the best obviously.

Hi Labor Day thanks for asking. Unfortunately she developed a cough and temperature last night, so it seems symptoms have arrived. She is lonely in a side room. No family can visit of course and she says she goes hours without seeing any nursing staff. It sounds pretty grim to be fair. Taking it a day at a time at the moment, but hoping for the best obviously.
Oh no. I'm so sorry. It must feel so isolating to be in the hospital with Covid. I take it she has a phone to stay connected with you all?

Oh no. I'm so sorry. It must feel so isolating to be in the hospital with Covid. I take it she has a phone to stay connected with you all?
Luckily she has her mobile phone so my mum is in touch with her. My cousin has been able to drop clean clothes at the hospital door. Its so hard. Normally you can visit and pass some time, take some treats, make sure they have everything they need. I think it is v isolating :(

Luckily she has her mobile phone so my mum is in touch with her. My cousin has been able to drop clean clothes at the hospital door. Its so hard. Normally you can visit and pass some time, take some treats, make sure they have everything they need. I think it is v isolating :(

Yes, it sounds so depressing to be ill and alone, and not even getting much attention from staff at the hospital. Praying that she will recover and get to go home soon.

This makes me so sad to hear.

So three weeks in now and my grown up kid (early 30s) is still having shortness of breath and chest tightness (Enough to keep them out of work for another week) and not really seeing any improvement :(
Just started a new type of inhaler to see if it helps.

Do they have a pulse oximeter to keep their record of their trend?

20201206_082704.jpg

Our niece tested positive.

This is on the in-law side. I may have mentioned some family dynamics over the years that don't sit well with me. Just sayin'.

11/30, Sis-in-law texted Mr. Laughing She has a scratchy throat, worried about COVID. Mentioned that her teen aged daughter, who attends high school on a hybrid schedule, has 'laid around the house for a couple days,' and oh yeah daughter can't smell or taste anything.

Sis-in-law arranges test for herself & for son, who attends community college.

Yep.

Both are negative.

But niece, in the same house, wasn't tested. She remained listless, remained unable to smell.

She was finally tested Thursday, 12/3.

Guess what? She's positive.

Not a happy Auntie, here. Nope!

This is on the in-law side. I may have mentioned some family dynamics over the years that don't sit well with me. Just sayin'.

11/30, Sis-in-law texted Mr. Laughing She has a scratchy throat, worried about COVID. Mentioned that her teen aged daughter, who attends high school on a hybrid schedule, has 'laid around the house for a couple days,' and oh yeah daughter can't smell or taste anything.

Yep.

Both are negative.

But niece, in the same house, wasn't tested. She remained listless, remained unable to smell.

The “can’t smell or taste anything” would alert me right away! So she hadn’t been feeling well before the 30th.
How likely is it that your SIL and nephew are actually negative?
Sounds like the entire household won’t be going anyway for a while.
Hope your niece recovers quickly!

:):)Yep
O2 numbers have been fine.
Doc advises head to the ER if they go below 94. Had X-ray,ct scan and echocardiogram this past week
Supposed to go back to work tomorrow(I haven’t checked in yet to see how things are going today :)). Must have doctor’s clearance before returning to work. (Which imo can be an annoying procedure normally but I’m ok with it currently ;))

Do they have a pulse oximeter to keep their record of their trend?

View attachment 274621

Yep.

Both are negative.

Oh my Laughing. How bizarre that they wouldn't get your niece tested! Lack of energy and loss of taste and smell are classic symptoms! (I need a head slap emoji)

Dad and I, despite all of our best efforts, got it. He is in the hospital, which I'm sort of glad about. He can get oxygen and revdesimir there. I'm on the couch. I'm miserable, but not dying yet. I wish I felt well enough to craft or wrap presents. It's hard to even read.

Dad and I, despite all of our best efforts, got it. He is in the hospital, which I'm sort of glad about. He can get oxygen and revdesimir there. I'm on the couch. I'm miserable, but not dying yet. I wish I felt well enough to craft or wrap presents. It's hard to even read.
I'm so sorry @Coppertop15 :(
It sounds like Dad is getting good care. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Sorry to hear this. But I'm glad your father is getting professional care, since you can't help him with much when you're feeling the onslaught of the virus yourself. Please do take care of yourself, don't stress about not being able to do things for the next week or two, and make sure to get help if you have trouble breathing or any other more serious symptoms. Hopefully both of you will have uncomplicated cases and experience a fast recovery.

So sorry Copper, wishing you both well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back