WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're right, I am jumping back and forth between reading and homework with the kiddo.

I wish they would keep her in custody, but nobody gets jail time for that small of an amount. Keeping her in custody would appear as harassment.

I'm wondering if the person who was buying the food stamps was also charged or if this was a sting.

I think it was sting... when asked it there would be any other arrests made in this investigation (about the FS) I am pretty sure he said NO and then a reporter said something about the other person involved.. and that seemed to not get addressed by FBI. I could have heard this all wrong LOL I'll try to listen again this evening on the news.

I think it was sting... when asked it there would be any other arrests made in this investigation (about the FS) I am pretty sure he said NO and then a reporter said something about the other person involved.. and that seemed to not get addressed by FBI. I could have heard this all wrong LOL I'll try to listen again this evening on the news.

The other individual was not arrested, so that's STING in my book. And it happened subsequent to Aliayah's disappearance.

The pajamas being found, is just a rumor so far. A reporter asked about it, and he said he hasnt heard about that. So, nothing verified...

Gee, I said the same thing and my post got deleted! Guess i wasn't gentle enough with my wording ... Thought the word "rumor" would inform people that it was a "rumor"

I think this arrest is a very clear message to Lena. I wish they would ID the other person involved though.

http://sundaygazettemail.com/News/201110170085

"A criminal complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Clarksburg says Lena Lunsford transferred a Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program card and personal identification number to someone else in exchange for $50 cash.

The complaint says the other person, who wasn't named, intended to use the EBT card to buy $114.82 in food."

This isn't about $115.00 and I'd imagine this will reduce the chance of the children being returned, which given some of the records I've seen with this family is a very good thing. JMO.......

This arrest for welfare fraud was for a transaction that occurred last week. She was arrested at her house. It was obvious to me and probably everyone reading this that LE would watch every move they made. Therefore, I don't think LL is intelligent enough to have sold or killed her child or LE would have found her by now. IMO

I believe the fraud was discovered through viewing the video's Killeen has been talking about. Not through direct surveillance. MOO-

@ Helplessly Hoping... Killeen said the person's name would be in the complaint.. was it not? I'm too tired to read it right now :)

I believe the fraud was discovered through viewing the video's Killeen has been talking about. Not through direct surveillance. MOO-

But, he said this incident happened last week....

If they were hoping that she'd mess up and lead them to more evidence, they wouldn't have arrested her for the food stamp fraud. They'd have waited to continue watching her. Somewhere I read that the person she sold the benefits was "known to" the prosecutor. That leads me to believe that it may have been a sting but not targeted at just one person.

I thought I heard Killen say this was subsequent to Aliayah going missing and that the incident took place last week. Whether it was direct surveillence or video doesn't matter to me. LL should have known.

However, when discussing LL intellect with my husband, he suggested she may have done this to look stupid so LE would figure the same way I did. Like OJ Simpson when the glove didn't fit.

From the press conference. When asked to clarify what "favorable conclusion", Killen said "We want to find out what happened to this child".

He was also asked about whether drugs were found on LL at the time of her arrest, he stuttered "No".

Several news organizations questioned him about the purple pajama bottoms.

Uploading video to my comp now, anybody have a site to host it?

thank you! I am so glad someone asked what they meant by "favorable conclusion".

My video covers the entire press conference, as does the recorded live feed from WDTV. I would suggest watching the WDTV segment, as the audio is of a better quality.

One thing not mentioned in the segment was Agent Killeen apologizing for the lateness of his calls to the various media outlets.

Maybe they are hoping that she'll plea on the fraud in exchange for information on what happened to Aliayah? Maybe they think mom is protecting someone? This arrest has me very confused.

I think this arrest is a very clear message to Lena. I wish they would ID the other person involved though.

http://sundaygazettemail.com/News/201110170085

"A criminal complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Clarksburg says Lena Lunsford transferred a Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program card and personal identification number to someone else in exchange for $50 cash.

The complaint says the other person, who wasn't named, intended to use the EBT card to buy $114.82 in food."

This isn't about $115.00 and I'd imagine this will reduce the chance of the children being returned, which given some of the records I've seen with this family is a very good thing. JMO.......

Besides the arrest, LL is gonna lose all her benefits now. I wonder if she gets medcaid (or Medi-cal). Since welfare fraud means you can pretty much say goodbye to any bennies, I wonder what she'll do now? Most likely she won't get her kids back anytime soon since now she won't be able to buy even a jar of peanut butter.

MOO

Mel

Maybe they are hoping that she'll plea on the fraud in exchange for information on what happened to Aliayah? Maybe they think mom is protecting someone? This arrest has me very confused.

Someone made the comment at the press conference that once she was arraigned on the federal charges for fraud under the SNAP program, any additional charges may be filed in federal court. Don't know how true that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74