Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO. It is not just her.

<modsnip> realize the parents have done great harm to Gabby and her family. Someone in their household was missing for AT LEAST 10 days and they didn't tell the police or her family. When a report was filed (not even by them), they refused to aid in the search, refused to tell the police any info that could help in the search and haven't even put out a statement that wasn't through their sketchy NY-based attorney.

I really, really don't think deercam guy is BL.

I know many are showing side profiles and similarities with the bald head and beard, but I don't feel the resemblance is strong.

Brian has a fairly bulbous nose, the guy in the deercam image appears to have a much, much smaller nose and doesn't have the same chin.

I'm also fairly certain if that was BL, then he wouldn't be walking so close to vehicles or areas where there are people who could easily identify him, especially since he seems to have not made any attempt to change his appearance whatsoever!

There are so many things he could easily do to look different yet the image shows no attempts have been made to disguise himself at all.

This makes me think it's not him!

MOO

I believe him on the photos but I can't think of any reason for not referring this case to a death penalty qualified criminal defense lawyer except to drum up business for oneself through the massive publicity.

Same. He's been so over his head since day one. About the only thing of value he could have provided would have been finding a qualified defense attorney -- surely people in his law school class became criminal defense attorneys. But even that proved too much of a challenge. So bizarre. Could he be subject to ethics complaints down the road or claims of malpractice (would have to prove damages, though). For the sake of his own reputation, I can't imagine why he wouldn't have wanted to get that case out of his hands so fast.

Thank you for clarifying--I thought these were direct words from the Laundries re their business. I have a feeling the P lawyer might not know how Yelp works :(
I know texts aren't high English, but the Laundries' lawyer's grammar is atrocious!
I suspect that guy will be happy when they move on to a more appropriate lawyer and he can get back to semi-retirement and well out of the spotlight of this thing

I believe him on the photos but I can't think of any reason for not referring this case to a death penalty qualified criminal defense lawyer except to drum up business for oneself through the massive publicity.

That's what I was thinking. Even though he has some experience with criminal law, he seems to completely lack the experience needed to handle high-profile homicide case like this.

I'm curious, how do they know what they're sensing in water, that it could be human as opposed to an animal? Also, how would they detect a dead body, if the body was the same temperature as the water?

Huh. Look at the massive amounts of second guessing and speculation - and accusation - Bertolino (and Laundrie) have received. If they now had a so-called death penalty attorney show up (publicly) just imagine the cries of "see, even they know he's gonna get convicted). <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mods! No idea if I’m doing this correctly but here’s the link to BL’s reference of hiking hundreds of miles on the AT. I mentioned earlier that it was posted 8/26/2020-a year before Gabby’s death which is why it caught my eye. Hoping others have seen and are looking for him there. Maybe he was dropped off at the trailhead and he’s actually heading north there. :(.

Is it possible he is more experienced than previously thought? I mean his actions don’t indicate that but….

Login • Instagram

I wonder if anyone can confirm that BL really did hike ‘hundreds of miles’ on the AT. It takes months for thru hikers (was he gone 6-7 months at some point). If not, he could have hiked many short stretches over the years. But to me, it seems like an exaggeration of his accomplishments, so how much experience does he truly have?

jmo

Moo People are making statements that no one would hike in that park in the rain with all the mosquitos. Leaving aside that I have seen people happily hike in just those situations, we aren't talking about a rational person. We are talking about someone who allegedly murdered his fiance, tried to ignore that he did it, and is now coming face to face with the consequences if his actions. ANYTHING is possible.

This is where I'm at. There were witnessed altercations in the days leading up to her death, BL was seen acting "weird" in WY around the time of her death, and now he has disappeared, presumably with a backpack and possible gun. This is a person in self- preservation mode. I think he's a danger to himself and others, especially LE. I don't think it's so far-fetched that he might be hiding in the swamp. He's not doing it for fun.

He will have to eventually. He is just collecting money and advertising right now. IMHO.

I hope he’s not dead. Gabby’s family deserve answers.

I don’t think his mother in particular would risk his life if she has any clue where he is and she thought he was suicidal.

On that note, how do we know they’ve not quietly checked him into a psych hospital? Do we have any unconfirmed evidence that he’s entered that park? Their behaviour so far has been atypical of what I would expect from future parents in law.

I don’t know, this is JMO, but I wouldn’t put it past people who show such a lack of empathy for other parents to protect their son at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member