Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nagging questions and brainstorming.

Q. What is up with the trip back to Florida?
This was the first thing that struck me as very odd about this case and it is still mysterious. I first came to question this because I had read an article about her mom wanting to know where her stuff was at and questioning why he took a flight out in the middle of a long cross country "van life nomad" style trip. Shortly after I read this article, reports of police encounter came out with the dates about a week before this trip. It further cemented in my brain that this case was really mysterious. I heard his sister mention the flight home as well, and then I saw the note posted by her uncle mentioning "Brian back in Florida".

Q. Why was her family so very adamant that his parents knew where she was at?
The way her family has confronted his family and really their demeanor throughout strikes me as a family that suspects a lot more than what is being revealed publicly. I really want to avoid sounding disparaging of her family, but I just sense something is off with their posture towards the entire case from the beginning. Of course now that things have unfolded in such a terrible way their outrage is the dominating posture. It's just that I am really trying to wrap my head around given the facts we know now, and surely the family and LE knew early on in my first question, why did it take so long to officially confront his family and officially report her as missing? There is some cat and mouse going on for sure, but WHY?

Q. Why has his family treated her family as if they and her daughter never existed?
Granted, there is not so much we can brainstorm on here since we haven't heard a peep. I just cannot accept that given the words from his sister, the way she talked about her kids love for her, the fact that she lived with them, I just cannot accept that these people are that cold and ruthless. There just seems something very very wrong about the communication between these two families. Of course we know that the families did not communicate after the fact. We have no indication that there may have been some other reason for the coldness to exist. But, it just feels like it's not something that suddenly happened out of the blue. This coldness must have been developed over some time. Was her dad suspicious before the trip even began? Was there a reason to believe that she may have been in danger under his families roof long before?

These questions just nag me to pieces because I am struggling to accept the obvious narrative. Something about this case... something just seems so scripted about it. If that makes sense.

I hope the answers are coming, soon. For her sake, for her parents sake, and to bring justice to someone who at the very least thought it was a good idea to leave his supposed fiancé behind in the wilderness without her home and take her very limited resources.

No, the more info that comes out the less and less planned it seems. He didn't hide the body, he blatantly used her debit card, and the van was left sitting in BL family's driveway. It's plain from the reports that when they argued they, apparently, frequently put their hands on one another. I think this time he went too far in the heat of the moment, then walked away from the immediate area for one or more days acting erratically and trying to think of what to do, then finally just freaked out and fled home to his parents. If not for his parents, who seem to have gone to great lengths to shield him from everything this would likely have been over much sooner. Nothing he's done suggests this was premeditated or planned or even any true attempt at a cover up.
You make some good points here. Could explain all the hitchiking and travelling around without her being seen. I do wonder if Gabby was still alive in/near the van when the vloggers got the vid on 8/27. Not long from time of dinner in Jackson

Thanks for the clarification I had no idea that Capitol One has a banking card. I would imagine it still won't matter of he had put money in the account if she is the only authorized user. Pure speculation that he did.

Two issues with any being his money.

- He probably wasn't an official authorized user.

- Once a death, the account can't be spent. They would go through will/ probate.

IMO they grabbed that, because it goes across state lines and make it federal.

Something that has bothered me since I first heard about it - that BL would leave G by herself in a hotel For a week while he was off doing God knows what. It does not fit his DV method of operation. He wanted to be with her 24/7, keeping a close eye on her because he was controlling her day to day life. I think he was probably with her at the hotel but they told family that he wasn't there. He was much too controlling to leave her by Herself

I thought she may have told him to take a hike!

you're right, something is odd about this.

Needs investigated.

i'm not sure why this is being discussed, but i have to point out a situation based on the experience of a family member, given the fact that the video posted earlier of the laundries in their truck clearly showed her wearing a compression sleeve on her right arm...this is commonly worn by patients who suffer from lymphedema...my family member also had a similar insulated bag (with a crossbody strap) for carrying a portable chemo pump...i have no idea if this is relevant to her situation, but it is a possibility, and i feel bad that it is being discussed here.
Thank you for that info. I think you are probably correct and Roberta may be undergoing chemo or be a postoperative breast cancer patient. This is only speculation on my part but it certainly does indicate how little her son cares about her if true.

Scenario for Pity: He came home "crying" about how GP broke the engagement, and ran off with another guy in his Winnebago. She said he could have her camper van. His heart is broken. His life is over. She doesn't want to see him. She also stole some of his money and clothes. She broke his heart. So he asked them not to even talk to her or her folks, blah-de-blah-de-blah. Moped around the house, went into his room and cried himself to sleep. All he wants now is a Not Happy Pity Party and a hike. And they bought it... for a while.
How's that?
I know you're kidding, but I think you may be close.

i'm not sure why this is being discussed, but i have to point out a situation based on the experience of a family member, given the fact that the video posted earlier of the laundries in their truck clearly showed her wearing a compression sleeve on her right arm...this is commonly worn by patients who suffer from lymphedema...my family member also had a similar insulated bag (with a crossbody strap) for carrying a portable chemo pump...i have no idea if this is relevant to her situation, but it is a possibility, and i feel bad that it is being discussed here.

It was a lunch box.. I found it strange. Didn’t seem to leave with it, and all of a sudden she arrives home with it. Seems odd. Im sorry if it offends you or something, but for all we know there could’ve been evidence in it.

And.. there were campers on spread creek. A shot can be heard for a long way in a valley like that. In anger, there would be multiple shots. It pretty easy for a guy his size to critically hurt a 5'5" 110 person.

In places like that, there are always gun shots around. Every time I go to a park or National Forest, there are gunshots. They are either coming from outside the park, or somebody is poaching.

A great job explaining the Appalachians. I would change only the info on how they were formed. Different sections of the Appalachians have different geology and geologic histories. They all were formed by tectonic forces and altered in some way by subsequent tectonic events that were sometimes unique to that area. Glaciers helped shape the mountains in northern section. Source: my bachelor’s degree in geology.
I promise I won’t talk about geology anymore...

Chris McD predicted that BL could be hiding in the Appalachians as he is familiar with that area.

Yeah. She wouldn't have left her hard drive in the van if she gave the van to BL.

Honestly, I can't "wrap my head around" any of the suggestions that she got involved with anybody else. It doesn't fit what we've seen of her personality, and I've met maybe two 22-year-old females in my long life who would do something like that. The only people I've met who would even think something like this are young males.
That whole week is full of mystery. Why didn't she contact more people if she was alone. I don't see her spending multiple days in a hotel room by herself and not leaving for much of anything. Wonder if any security footage shows any helpful info for the LE

Or it could mean that she had tendonitis. It is only on her forearm.

It was a lunch box.. I found it strange. Didn’t seem to leave with it, and all of a sudden she arrives home with it. Seems odd. Im sorry if it offends you or something, but for all we know there could’ve been evidence in it.
MOO Could be doing "Dead drops" for BL somewhere. Go into a store, the tail doesn't pay attention and they leave something for BL to retrieve after they leave as he watches from a distance

Some nagging questions and brainstorming.

Q. What is up with the trip back to Florida?
This was the first thing that struck me as very odd about this case and it is still mysterious. I first came to question this because I had read an article about her mom wanting to know where her stuff was at and questioning why he took a flight out in the middle of a long cross country "van life nomad" style trip. Shortly after I read this article, reports of police encounter came out with the dates about a week before this trip. It further cemented in my brain that this case was really mysterious. I heard his sister mention the flight home as well, and then I saw the note posted by her uncle mentioning "Brian back in Florida".

Q. Why was her family so very adamant that his parents knew where she was at?
The way her family has confronted his family and really their demeanor throughout strikes me as a family that suspects a lot more than what is being revealed publicly. I really want to avoid sounding disparaging of her family, but I just sense something is off with their posture towards the entire case from the beginning. Of course now that things have unfolded in such a terrible way their outrage is the dominating posture. It's just that I am really trying to wrap my head around given the facts we know now, and surely the family and LE knew early on in my first question, why did it take so long to officially confront his family and officially report her as missing? There is some cat and mouse going on for sure, but WHY?

Q. Why has his family treated her family as if they and her daughter never existed?
Granted, there is not so much we can brainstorm on here since we haven't heard a peep. I just cannot accept that given the words from his sister, the way she talked about her kids love for her, the fact that she lived with them, I just cannot accept that these people are that cold and ruthless. There just seems something very very wrong about the communication between these two families. Of course we know that the families did not communicate after the fact. We have no indication that there may have been some other reason for the coldness to exist. But, it just feels like it's not something that suddenly happened out of the blue. This coldness must have been developed over some time. Was her dad suspicious before the trip even began? Was there a reason to believe that she may have been in danger under his families roof long before?

These questions just nag me to pieces because I am struggling to accept the obvious narrative. Something about this case... something just seems so scripted about it. If that makes sense.

I hope the answers are coming, soon. For her sake, for her parents sake, and to bring justice to someone who at the very least thought it was a good idea to leave his supposed fiancé behind in the wilderness without her home and take her very limited resources.
It has been reported that her mother tried to file a missing person's report earlier, but the North Point police didn't agree.

My father takes one this size to work daily with his lunch. That’s big enough for, like, snacks or lunch for two (and maybe some bottled water, lol) JMO.

That’s what I’m sayin. They weren’t going to work though they were going to Orlando, which is like 3 hours from their house. Probably had snacks or something, just seems kinda odd because I didn’t see it in pics when they were in Orlando lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637