Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things have snapped in to focus for me over the last couple days:

1) The incident report called in by the Laundries on Sept 10 involving LP's father. This is coincident with when her mother became worried enough to try to file a missing persons report. My guess is that her mother called her father in distress at that point, and with the Laundries not taking calls from anyone in LP's family, her father decided to drive by the house. Seeing the van in the driveway is when the Petitos knew in their guts that something was very, very, very wrong. Her father may even have knocked or rang the doorbell, but definitely would have called and told them that he was not accepting no word from them anymore. He likely threatened them with some sort of consequence if they didn't return his calls. JMO.

2) I don't think that it's a coincidence that her parents passed the panic threshold on the weekend of Sept. 11th. For those of us who are from NY and who were alive when that happened, the 20th anniversary loomed large. Almost all of us know someone who was killed, or know someone who escaped the towers, or know someone whose aunt died, etc. It was a very emotional time. Everything was a bit distracting in the lead-up that week. Lots of people were glued to their TVs. I think that in the days leading up, both parents went from being puzzled to worried to full-on panic, and were spurred into action by all of the emotion of the whole week. They may also have expected to hear from her at the latest, around them, because a lot of NY people check in with loved ones around the anniversaries of 9/11.

3) Based on the indictment saying that he criming in WY on or around Sept 30, I think both hitchhiking stories are true, and that he got back to the van sometime around 7-7:30. I think he probably used her ATM card in Colter Village, where he probably stocked up on a few provisions at the general store, took a shower to make sure to get rid of any physical evidence, and got a bunch of cash. Once back at the van, he made his plan to drive back, plotted his route, packed, washed things down as best he could, made sure that there was no evidence immediately around the van, and left Grand Teton. Then he went someplace within Wyoming, probably Jackson Hole since he'd already been there, and gassed up the van.

4) I think he took a more northern route home, driving through Illinois, because that's one of the routes suggested by google maps, and there was weather in the Gulf and South.

5) I believe he would have taken as much money as he could out of her account on each day that he had the card because of daily limits, which wouldn't allow him to drain it entirely.

All of the above is conjecture, none of it startling insights, but they are just things I've been mulling over as things have come to light over the last couple of days.

All of the above is JMO/IMHO.

Last edited:
My opinion only...

I think they are looking for evidence in the reserve. That possibly the family camping trip when he returned to FL was to 1) disperse and get rid of evidence in the reserve and 2) to drop him somewhere to give him a head start on his escape. Fitted him out with burner phone(s), food, equipment.ent, and cash.

Again...JMHO.

I'm trying to think of all the possible scenarios assuming that most/all of these eyewitness reports are true.

• Did BL kill her, try to go on the run, rethink his decision, hitch-hike back to the van and then come home?
  • Did BL kill her and intentionally hitch-hike to develop an alibi that he'd been gone for several days and that she was working in the van? But then why go on the run instead of calling 9-1-1? That whole plan hinges on him supposedly returning to a crime scene and being horrified.
  • Did they break up and he said "fine, I'm leaving then," only to come back via hitch-hiking to stalk her and kill her?
All very confusing.

it is indeed. Your first scenario is interesting to me. He may have decided he couldn’t part with his things or also left something he needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do kids have to take Spanish in school in New York State or is it optional? Would BL have a working knowledge of Spanish? Did anyone here go to school with him? Could he blend in to a Spanish speaking country?
And most importantly, is anyone aware of a site like this one in Spanish? Does Mexico or another country in South America have a site like this where we should post in Spanish his picture and a brief description of what’s happening.

There is a foreign language requirement, and more than likely, he took Spanish. It is the one foreign language that all of the schools offer.

Why do they keep going to the preserve if they don’t think he is there?

They have to because of info they got from parents snd car being right there. They’d look like idiots if they did not and he’s found dead there. Parents laid it out—he‘s in danger and he said going there. FL LE already screwed up royally refusing to act on Missing person report Gabby’s family filed and letting BL slip through undetected. FL LE really doesn’t want to do this (MOO) given how they called it off once at least and were curtailing efforts. But now they got FBI on their tails. They have to do this

Hey everyone, Happy Friday. Here’s hoping LE find BL today!

I just wanted to weigh in on some of the YouTube comments and questions I've seen floating about. I was a ‘YouTuber’ for about 8 years. The time taken to make ONE video, when it's just ONE PERSON doing all of the work, can be HOURS!

I still occasionally make videos for clients. Last week, 57 total minutes of footage took me close to 6 hours to make into a professional looking finished 12-minute video that was suitable for YouTube — editing all of the misspoken words and “ums” out, finding music, adding closed captioning, the introduction, the end screen, adding a description, finding optimal keywords to use in the description. Finding suitable royalty-free music ALONE can take me hours. GP would have been going through hours of footage to find the right parts, snipping them, jigsawing them together, editing photos… And then there are voiceovers (if she was doing those). It can be such a long process. It's a damn hard graft. Some of the YouTubers I know have multiple people working on the channel. (Side note: There's probably quite a lot of footage for LE to go through.)

And all of this is BEFORE we get to the promo side of things. GP had a website (which can be many, many, many hours of faffing around for a relative beginner, ESPECIALLY to get it off the ground, and looking “perfect,” and even with WordPress/SquareSpace/Wix, etc.) Then there’s TikTok (more editing and caption-creating), and Instagram (requires consistent+regular content to gain any traction). Comments need to be replied to. Posts and videos need to be scheduled at “optimal” times to get the most reach+engagement. Influencing (I use the term loosely and never referred to myself by that name) is a full time job when you have wifi, so I can only imagine how stressed out someone could get, on the road, without wifi.

The work quickly depletes the batteries on my devices. I’m not clued up on solar chargers and whatnot, but that side of things would have quickly become an issue (for me) in the wilderness — phones, iPads, computers, drones, other recordable devices, Apple Watch,etc. Some of my external hard drives also require a power source although I don't think that's common now.

To make money from YouTube, GP would’ve needed to have at least 1,000 subscribers AND 4,000 hours of viewing in the past 12 months. Her channel wouldn't have been eligible for monetisation before that. I don't see sponsored posts [ad/gifted/affiliate/spon/other disclosures], so I'm assuming GP wasn't making any money from the van life venture. I’m not aware of how many followers, etc GP had before the story made headline news, but it would have been (IMO) a truckload of work for very little reward at the beginning. If she were being belittled by BL at the same time… stress city, I imagine.

Some people have said that GP’s first video was an odd choice — you can create an Introduction/overview-style video that sits permanently on the top of your Channel. It looks to me as though her video would've been used for that.

I think what GP started was beautiful, and she clearly had a lot of talent.

But, her death was ruled as a homicide and not accidental or undetermined. There is definitive proof, of which we are not privy, that her life was taken by another.

Her life being taken by another is definitive. The circumstances (intentional / accidental / “self defence”) must be concluded through far more than an autopsy

I can't keep up with the threads. BL was charged only with fraud and not homicide, why?
because they have a charge that will "stick" definitive proof, card records and photos most likely that will not be defensible. its just a way to get him arrested in any state as a federal charge. homicide case still has holes he could slip through. once he's in then they put pressure on homicide evidence

Can someone post the flight tracker again? I accidentally exited out of it last night and am a dummy and didn't save the link

not if you are called as a witness, not a suspect. At least that's what I've been told from legal based friends. the suspect can plead the 5th, but not a witness
No. The Constitution applies to everyone. A witness can decline to answer a question if the answer might incriminate them of a crime. This is why prosecutors often have to grant immunity to secure the cooperation of a witness.

YESSS! This was something I heard in the beginning. That as long as he was charged with something federally his parents could be summoned before a grand jury... where THEY CANNOT PLEAD the 5th!
They would have to answer questions in regards to him coming back and in this case use of Gabby's debit card. While its not directly connected to the homicide, as soon as that coroner releases cause of death, they are still on the hook. a lot can happen between then and now, but bottom line THEY ARE ON THE HOOK!
They can still invoke the 5th. They just cannot apply it as broadly and they will not have their attorney in room.

I think we've been missing something really big in the timelines, or I missed this discussion and it hasn't been removed on our main timeline.

The text "no service in Yosemite" couldn't haven't come from GP's phone. According to the search warrant, the last communication from her phone was the 27th and it was NO LONGER OPERATIONAL. So there could have been no text on the 30th.

I stand by my theory that that GP's grandfather was calling during/after whatever transpired and BL was panicking and needed it to stop.

Edit: fixed spelling. Sometimes I swipe too fast and hit post in my excitement, so please ignore those blatant, nonsensical errors. Eventually I'll see them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-074334_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-074334_Drive.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
What I don’t understand about that is why he didn’t just play that card when he got back. Why not have them drive him to the van and be all “OmG she’s not here where is she???” And have them as a witness? Idk
When you are in a panic and led by fear, you make irrational decisions. In hindsight, this would have been slightly better for him to fess up at that point. But it then becomes a slippery slope once he makes one small divergence.

My opinion only...

I think they are looking for evidence in the reserve. That possibly the family camping trip when he returned to FL was to 1) disperse and get rid of evidence in the reserve and 2) to drop him somewhere to give him a head start on his escape. Fitted him out with burner phone(s), food, equipment.ent, and cash.

Again...JMHO.

Im not confident a seemingly normal family would be able to pull that off without leaving evidence of their actions. The FBI are confident in their assertions he went to the reserve. It is very hard to orchestrate an escape without leaving breadcrumbs like google searches, withdrawals of cash, purchasing of supplies, evading traffic cams, evading store cams, purchasing everything with cash. It just seems like we are giving these parents are bit more credit than I think they deserve. They are not masterminds. This is evident in him driving home to Florida and not straight to Mexico before any one was even suspicious. And them hiring a real estate attorney.

Last edited:
They can still invoke the 5th. They just cannot apply it as broadly and they will not have their attorney in room.
yes sorry. they can plead it, but its only when self incriminating, not in general just to avoid questions since they are not the ones on trial. but I guess point being they would have to answer some questions and cant just clam up like they can under Florida law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa